Survivor 35: "Heroes vs. Heroes vs. Hustlers"

Scrambled Aegon

22 hours ago, Gronzag said:

No, not really. Why would they do that?

I agree that way more male players have found idols, but, other than Sandra, I can't remember many women constantly looking for them.

Doesn't Survivor have to adhere to Hollywood game show-type Standards and Practices in order to ensure fair play?

1 hour ago, Kyoshi said:

Well, that finale was definitely rigged.

The idol maybe, The "twist" 100% not.  CBS would have had to declare that to the fcc prior to the season or they would get sued to shit by Chrissy, Devon, and Ryan.

So I'm okay with Ben winning.  His (almost obvious) winner's edit highlighted his hustle while rarely showing others idol-hunting. He worked his tail off.  I would have been okay with Chrissy winning, too, but she was often on the outside of blindsides.  Ryan had no chance.

I wasn't a big fan of Ben's, though. Throughout the season there was too much of him saying things like, "I have to win this for my family. I need to do this or else." They played up the PTSD angle to an unhealthy extent. It bothers me when competitors behave as if the game is their only way out of a bad situation back home.  I hope there are councilors there to help out when players with this attitude *don't* win.

In any case, I was rooting for Devon. They portrayed him as affable and fairly kind to everyone. His recognition that voting for someone other than Ben in that final 5 tribal was good awareness.  It gave him at least a fighting chance to get to the final 3.

Overall, the season started out dull, but post-merge was entertaining.

• 2 months later...

Archived