Board Viewing Problem

Brude

Something has happened to my system that is making the board show up in a very simplified format, no background, all of the features are missing (can't see bold, underline, etc. buttons). Basically it's all links and the text entry boxes, nothing else. It's coming up very linear as well, so all the links on the left side are now at the top (Featured Sites, Latest News, etc.). I have to scroll down to the middle of the page to even start seeing threads.

This just happened overnight (started yesterday) and there is one other site on the net I frequent where I'm having the same problem - cnn.com. My machine did just download some sort of update from Microsoft and did a system reset after it was installed. I'm assuming it had something to do with that update, but I don't know what it is.

I use the latest version of FireFox as my browser. Is anyone else having this same problem?

I can't think of any other changes. I'm not sure what that last update changed because it was one of Microsoft's usual, annoying updates that seem to come every week or two. I could check to see more specifics on my most recent updates, but usually they just say things like, "security update," or some such thing.

You're not somehow stuck on the Lo-Fi version, are you?

I'd guess it's the update that did it. I think I recall hearing that IE 7 was made mandatory or something. Were you using that before? Maybe it's a Java or Active X component...

Linda not about right now, but I'll point her here. She's more of an expert on this sort of thing.

Well, I woke up this morning (er, this afternoon). Popped on the board and lo-and-behold, now it's working. There of course have been no changes to my settings, no reboots or anything (I tried that when it wasn't working yesterday), but now it's working fine. It fixed itself...

Oh well, thanks everyone for at least trying.

Archived