Canada Book Signing

Mich

just to continue as Parris said on the old board...

January '06. Not all the details are worked out. He is going to Vancouver, Victoria, and PROBABLY Toronto and Montreal. Not all details are worked out yet, and the schedule could change, the dates could change, and the venues could change. There's even some hope of a stop in Calgary, since the fans there are always so kind to us when we come up for conventions there. (Last time they took us out to the zoo and I got to help give the elephants baths. For those who know how much I love elephants - Asians most of all - it was a special treat that meant a lot to us.)

Yes, I'm considering getting him some extra heavy-duty winter wear from LL Bean for the trip.

We'll also be going to Boskone, if that helps you plan your GRRM sightings.

if George makes it to Toronto and can spare the time, we're hoping for a little get together :)

Sorry. I haven't figured out how to do the spoiler thing here. :tantrum:

SPOILER: Option
But Parris called me and told me she'll come only if Spake hooks her up with a fattie or two. I told her he don't go that way any more.

Edited to add... :hat:

• 2 weeks later...
Long time lurker...first time poster.

I too would love to see GRRM make it to Toronto again.

I found this today while looking up something else and it says that he's going to be doing a reading at the World's Biggest Bookstore on January 9.

Can this be confirmed by anyone?

Oooh no this is news to me. However, if it does happen, the World's Biggest Bookstore is just a hop, skip and a jump from U of T. Excellent, I can run there between classes. Or even during :mellow:

Man I want to go but the stupid Victoria Clipper ferry is shut down from Jan 3rd-Jan 13th. Is that like a Canadian holiday or something? That's a pretty long drive to make for me (about 130mi) when I could just take the ferry round trip for $70. *Grumble*

Looks like I'll be heading to Vancouver instead, much easier to get to since I have to drive apparently.

i'm there!

besides warg, it's the first day of classes at u of t for the winter semester, you can afford ta skip...i am....heh heh heh

Ha! I have a test that day! (Thank goodness it's after the break... i'm SO behind in that class) Plus it ends at 4 so I'm good to go if it's at 7 pm! (that's what the link tells me)

Ha! I have a test that day! (Thank goodness it's after the break... i'm SO behind in that class) Plus it ends at 4 so I'm good to go if it's at 7 pm! (that's what the link tells me)

a test on the first day? that's rough lol, i dont have one till the following week...

Archived