SG: U Spoilers

oneeye

Young didn't know when or if Stargate Command was attacking the planet they were on. My guess is Young's fear was if the Lucien alliance is able to stroll in before Stargate Command is able to neutralize them, they might be in a position to send something akin to a Kino or one of those Mars Rover looking things through the gate, see that there is no atmosphere and come through prepared for that.

Young isolated the room and created a scheme that would get the majority of the invading force in and then lethaly alter the enviornment in a way that would not give them much opportunity to act.

It was Rush/Telford coming through the gate that through that for a loop. Losing Rush would have been drastically deterimental to the Destiney crew, losing Telford after Young went through the effort of ending the brainwashing is not something in Young's character to do. (Albeit a bad decision, but one within character, one he gets chewed out for by Stargate Command.)

I do agree, narratively, it would have been better that the there was a plan in place to try to use the new Icarus Gate as a way of getting the crew back.

Oh I get the thought behind what Young was trying to do...but he also knew that there was going to be some sort of response from Earth on there end too...and if he didn't, he could have safeguarded the gate from anyone going through it safely until he could get guidance from O'Neill on the plan...

I was thinking that the weird light has something to do with the one scientist getting all ghostified after using the chair. Maybe he's still onboard, using his Ascended powers to disitigrate people - that storyline was never completely tied up.

The actress of Kiva is at least semi famous, I'm thinking she's signed up for more than just three episodes - at least I hope so.

Another possibility that it was the ship itself that killed him because he was using an alien technology to try an override the internal security system on the door. It didn't kill the guy who used one on the gate room door, but the fact that the corridor where the guy was killed was open to space may have initiated a secondary level of security.

Rhona Mitra seems to be one of the leads in ads for a new series "The Gates" that is due for a summer run on one of the networks, so I don't expect her to be around too long on Stargate.

Archived