SG: U Spoilers

oneeye

REG,

In the very last episode of SGA Atlantis flies to Earth to stop an upgraded Wraith Hive Ship. It's damaged in the fight and lands in the Pacific just outside of San Francisco Bay.

And because they cancelled Atlantis, rather than letting it run along with SG:U, there was a very wasted opportunity to see how the Earth at large could be kept out of the dark with a city landing in the middle of the ocean...it would have made for some interesting stuff in a sixth season.

In the very last episode of SGA Atlantis flies to Earth to stop an upgraded Wraith Hive Ship. It's damaged in the fight and lands in the Pacific just outside of San Francisco Bay.

Wow, how the hell did I forget that? I've only watched the last two season of SG-1 and all of Atlantis once, but yeah I wouldn't think I'd forget something as crazy as Atlantis landing on Earth...

Wow, how the hell did I forget that? I've only watched the last two season of SG-1 and all of Atlantis once, but yeah I wouldn't think I'd forget something as crazy as Atlantis landing on Earth...

Well, it was basically at the very end of the last episode...I don't think they really address it beyond that...

Well the Lucian alliance is turning out to be cooler than I thought.

You say that why?

Not that they can't be cool, in a way...I'm just bothered that they were so clumsily handled with regard to SG:U...

So I doubt the SGU crew isn't going to get kicked off the ship. Will they strand the Lucian Alliance somewhere, or will we see a Voyager-Maquis-thing? It might be kind of interesting if they lost the ship and spent next season trying to take it back (though the obvious solution, of course, is that Eli and Chloe traveling to a thus-far-unexplored area of the ship is Chekhov's gun and will lead directly to the SG personnel getting control back by the end of the next episode... but SGU's managed to surprise me once or twice, so who knows. If not, the pregnancy's the other dangling plot thread; I don't know how far along TJ is, I can't imagine TJ actually dying but labor or miscarriage seem like possibilities).

Well, I don't know about a Maquis/Starfleet thing...though I suppose that's hinted at with the mysterious beam that killed the one guy...what was that all about? Though other than the leader of the Lucians, they haven't introduced us to any of the others yet...though I suppose this variation of Stargate still needs it's alien/human from another world companion still.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Chloe and Eli are going to stumble upon another group of people living on the ship, you know, because it's so big and there's been no evidence of anything like that before and of course our heroes happened to land in the right spot on the ship...or what if there's another gate, unpowered...?

The general lack of exploration, despite the limited resourced and damage, of the ship that's supposed to be enormous was highlighted this episode. They've been aboard how long, yet Eli just randomly hitting buttons suddenly clues him in that the elevators go sideways as well as up and down? Come on.

No one commenting on the idiot plot of not switching Rush and Telford back so Rush can't activate the gate for the Lucian Aliiance? I'm glad suffocating Telford had a point -- destroying the mind control or whatever it was -- yes at that point they still don't know 100% if they can trust him, but they did all they could for him at that point so the higher priority ought to have been getting Rush back before the Lucians invaded. Then space the Lucians. Telford would have been an acceptable lost. I hope O'Neil or someone chews out Young for that.

The whole thing is looking like one elaborate plot convenience just to get Telford onto Destiny in the flesh.

The writers could have fixed this by letting Young decide they wanted Rush to open the gate so they'd have a chance to capture the gate and thus a way home. Then let that plan go wrong, with the same results they wanted: Telford on the ship, Lucian Alliance in control of the gate room and a Mexican standoff for the finale.

TJ is dhoooommeed, she will get shot in the belly next episode and we will have to wait till season 2. I was suprised she wasn't gut shot this episode.

It wasn't a mysterious beam, there was a hole in the ship and the forcefield(but not completely) cut out and the guy caught a blast of solar something.

The Lucian Alliance ARE stranded, the planet blew up and Destiny has no power to send a gate back anyway. Gates are one way for solid matter.

Yes the tactics for guarding the gate were freakin pathetic.

12! years or more of having gate defences in SGC, which is like 2 .50 cals and a line of soldiers everytime the gate opens, IN the gate room at the bottom of the gate ramp for godsake.

The Destiny Gate Room has walkways above it and what do they use that for one freakin camera drone.

The Lucian Alliance members came through the gate defenceless as newborn babys,so where are the Destiny Security hiding in the corridors outside which gave them time to setup for an attack.

Why the hell were they not just lined up behind and above the gate, it would have been like shooting fish flopping around on dry land.

If they didn't want a bloodbath why didn't they use their energy weapons...

Oh thats right because despite how manys 100 of different types the SGC get they never see fit to actually hand them out... I swear to god they most be taking billion dollar bribes from the gun companies to not switch/use energy weapons.

10 Zat guns/wraith stunners/traveller guns (Ronan Dex sidearm)/Ori wrist weapons/about a dozen other types with stun settings and the whole Lucian group would have been on the floor.

1 Goa'uld Stun Grenade and Eli could have taken the lot.

Two Things I hate about the Stargate Franchise.

The Team America Fuck Yeah rubbish (its far worse than Independence Day) and the idiotic way they use Energy Weapons, they constantly write the characters into situations where they could easily get out of with the energy weapons they had the previous episode.

This is the 16th season of Stargate and they still don't have earth made energy weapons...

Atlantis was the worst but Universe looks like a step even further into moronicy. Atlantis team gets sent to Atlantis with no Goa'uld weaponry (why the hell would you not send a crate or 2 of zat'ni'katels?) they then spend 5 season going around in a circle of capturing various energy weapons, loosing them, capturing more, loosing them, etc, etc. Then we have the Traveller weaponry like Ronans gun, and when they find where it comes from do they make any attempt to get the tech from the Space Gypsies whoes ships are held together with duct tape, nope.

I just watched Ep. 19 and Ep. 20 in Ukrainian. OMG. I agree Young's tactics were stupid. However, If he had simply vented the room when the LA troops came through or had them come through into vacumn his tactics of having people outside the gateroom would have made sense.

How the attack was handled was horrible by Young.

As posters have said here, he should have either removed the atmosphere before they gated in. If that was deemed too heartless, why not have teams of people with guns in the gate room ready to apprehend the people falling through. From their own experience they come through it disoriented and "fast".

Taking them down one by one would have worked better than what they did anyway.

I just watched Ep. 19 and Ep. 20 in Ukrainian.

Why?

Its totally, totally Young though to go for weird, stupid, trigger happy tactics. I don't mind stupid strategy when its in character.

I'm pretty sure the beam thing that burned the guy to ash is something new, whether natural phenonmenon or deliberate attack, not mere coincidental product of a conveniently temporarily malfuctioning shield. Hopefully they have to make a truce to fight it and Kiva can stay around, I like her.

I can defend the positions the marines took as the plan was to vent the gateroom and then Young chickens out. And I'll give the show credit for him got called on it by O'Neill. What I don't forgive is the fact they didn't disconnect Rush and Young. Young gave them everything they needed. They should have cut the stones and taken care of the Lucian Alliance with a base attack so they couldn't get to Destiny. Utterly Stupid.

When the guy got vaporized, my first thought was that the ship is finally taking note of some of the things happening and is starting to defend itself. It'll be interesting to see where this goes.

I'm pretty sure the beam thing that burned the guy to ash is something new, whether natural phenonmenon or deliberate attack, not mere coincidental product of a conveniently temporarily malfuctioning shield. Hopefully they have to make a truce to fight it and Kiva can stay around, I like her.

I was thinking that the weird light has something to do with the one scientist getting all ghostified after using the chair. Maybe he's still onboard, using his Ascended powers to disitigrate people - that storyline was never completely tied up.

The actress of Kiva is at least semi famous, I'm thinking she's signed up for more than just three episodes - at least I hope so.

I was thinking that the weird light has something to do with the one scientist getting all ghostified after using the chair. Maybe he's still onboard, using his Ascended powers to disitigrate people - that storyline was never completely tied up.

Well, that's at least a plausible idea for what happened...

Why didn't they vent the gateroom as soon as they knew there was a threat? Then let the Alliance think they're getting through only to find no atmosphere and then have the ship take the planet with no escape route available to them...?

Well, that's at least a plausible idea for what happened...

Why didn't they vent the gateroom as soon as they knew there was a threat? Then let the Alliance think they're getting through only to find no atmosphere and then have the ship take the planet with no escape route available to them...?

Young didn't know when or if Stargate Command was attacking the planet they were on. My guess is Young's fear was if the Lucien alliance is able to stroll in before Stargate Command is able to neutralize them, they might be in a position to send something akin to a Kino or one of those Mars Rover looking things through the gate, see that there is no atmosphere and come through prepared for that.

Young isolated the room and created a scheme that would get the majority of the invading force in and then lethaly alter the enviornment in a way that would not give them much opportunity to act.

It was Rush/Telford coming through the gate that through that for a loop. Losing Rush would have been drastically deterimental to the Destiney crew, losing Telford after Young went through the effort of ending the brainwashing is not something in Young's character to do. (Albeit a bad decision, but one within character, one he gets chewed out for by Stargate Command.)

I do agree, narratively, it would have been better that the there was a plan in place to try to use the new Icarus Gate as a way of getting the crew back.

(Did anyone else notice how the other scientists/technicians that work in the Command Center are starting to get a little more bad ass. Like the guy that was standing over the vent controls. It is moving away from the whole Rush and Eli are the only compentent people in there.)

I also think the beam of light is from the dude who ascended. I think this is what Eli and Chloe are going to stumble upon. I am not sure that the results of said stumbling will neccessarily be good.

I dunno about the Ascension angle. If the guy really ascended, he'd be able to wipe out the whole invasion force without batting a proverbial eye. Seems more likely to me that he merged with the ship somehow.

Archived