Feasible situations you couldn't stands

The Isle of Faces

This is for situations that would make you absolutely PISSED if GRRM put them into ASoIaF. Some examples are Starks dying, Lannisters succeeding, Melisandre getting it her way, etc. Here are mine:

1) Any of the Stark kids dying before there rightful time. For Arya it would be dying before assassinating someone important who did bad to the Starks (Cersei, Roose Bolten, Walder Frey). For Jon, it would be dying before he plays a big role in getting rid of the Others. (I would also LOVE seeing him continue his line through a child with Val.) I also want Rickon to become Lord of Winterfell and I don't want Bran to die. Sansa is pretty cool now that she's actually not a dumb fuck, but I digress.

2) Lannisters becoming an ever-important house once again. I don't care if they become like House Royce, kinda insignificant but can still wield a good few swords, just don't want them being a major house again.

3) Walder Frey and both Boltons not dying a horrific death.

4) Dany not ending up dying with at least one dragon. A few people have theories she'll loose her dragons due to temper, murder, etc. but I sincerely won't her to reestablish Valyria, even though I know GRRM probably won't do it.

5) The Iron Born not getting fucked up.

6) Someone messing with the Crannogmen. I love them, even though we haven;t directly seen them, 'cept for the Reeds.

I personally will be pissed if any of the prophecies come true exactly as they are told. Prophecies are dumb. I get a very existential vibe from most of GRRM's works (including his non-aSoIaF stuff), so I'd be pissed if all of a sudden his magnum opus is resolved with a prophecy we've known about since book 1 or 2.

I personally will be pissed if any of the prophecies come true exactly as they are told. Prophecies are dumb. I get a very existential vibe from most of GRRM's works (including his non-aSoIaF stuff), so I'd be pissed if all of a sudden his magnum opus is resolved with a prophecy we've known about since book 1 or 2.

I think, at least in this world, prophecies could be true but read wrong. Especially Cersei's prophecy, because I REALLY want her to die, but then again I have that feeling GRRM will fuck us over and let the bitch live. =/

Also, Stannis being AA and having Light Bringer is trash as well.

I'm hardcore against Jon + Dany myself. only because I believe another theory is true (you know the one I mean you bookwalkers :D )

I think I'll also be PISSEDPISSEDPISSED If Jon, Dany, Tyrion, or Cersei go the way of Ned, Catelyn, and Robb. Sudden and guts ripped out sad.

I am, however, okay with them dying (not all, hopefully) at the end. The first three must continue epic-ness through the last book... and Cersei I want kept alive til the end so she can suffer. *evil*

Dragons, direwolves, giants, mammoths, or any other fantastic race, other than the Others, die off.

The iron born continue to exist as a distinct culture of rapists, reavers, and slavers.

Bran dies without doing something seriously awesome.

The Reach is revealed to have a secret darkside (I'm fine with their current darkside of being machiavellian opportunists. I don't want another region ruled by insane evil people who preform executions for fun)

Tyrion becomes outright evil.

Dany maintains her prejudice towards the Starks, and persecutes their remaining numbers.

Anything seriously bad happens to Hodor.

I wouldn't drop the series over any of these, but they would make me drop the book for a few hours / days.

I don't want Jorah to come back. If he does, I hope its just long enough to die a horrible death.

I don't want the same old fantasy ending. I'd be happy with a major twist like the Frey's being in power at the end.

I just want Sansa to have a happy ending :crying: I would say the same for Tyrion, but I fear he has tragedy written all over him, so I don't want to jinx myself...

Sansa is the only Stark who knows how to play the game of thrones (or will, soon enough). Don't hate the player, hate the game!

I just want Sansa to have a happy ending :crying:

Here is how Sansa's story ends: On the eve of her wedding to Harrold Hardyng, Littlefinger will attempt to rape her. However, before the deed can be done, Nymeria jumps through the window and bites off his "little finger." Sandor bashes in the door and chops off Baelish's head. Sansa stabs Ser Brune, who is in a rage at seeing his lover killed, as he goes to attack Sandor. Sandor carries Sansa to Stranger and they ride into the sunset, with Nymeria and her horde of wolf companions in tow. GRRM later reveals that they rebuilt Winterfell and lived happily ever after.

Here is how Sansa's story ends: On the eve of her wedding to Harrold Hardyng, Littlefinger will attempt to rape her. However, before the deed can be done, Nymeria jumps through the window and bites off his "little finger." Sandor bashes in the door and chops off Baelish's head. Sansa stabs Ser Brune, who is in a rage at seeing his lover killed, as he goes to attack Sandor. Sandor carries Sansa to Stranger and they ride into the sunset, with Nymeria and her horde of wolf companions in tow. GRRM later reveals that they rebuilt Winterfell and lived happily ever after.

That would actually be preety awesome.........

The things I could really not stand

The deaths of Bronn, The Hound, Jorah Mormont or Dolorous Edd

The only other thing that would really make me mad is if the series finishes and we do not know who Jon parents are, what happened to Tyrek Lannister and other stuff like that, then GRRM came like hey my series is like reality in reality some questions are left unanswered yes that may be be true, but I want asnwers

There's nothing that I "couldn't stand", but there are things that would ever so slightly dissapoint me:

• Dany becoming queen.
  • Jon hooking up with Dany in any way.

Not because I hate Dany but love Jon or anything, I just think Dany is treated a little too well (unique hair and eyes, almost modern morality, has dragons, pretty etc.), almost Mary Sue (a cliché criticism, I know), and having her 'win' and hook up with the other almost Mary Sue character would be a bit too predictable for me.

It wouldn't hurt my love for the series significantly, but given all the other twists and turns the story has taken, I'd be disappointed if what I predict happening now stays that way for 3 more books.

Archived