Sent to Westeros

Chirios

Scenario: Q from Star Trek drops you in Westeros in the Kingdom of your choice: The North, ruled by House Stark, Riverlands, ruled by House Tully, The Vale, ruled by House Arryn, The Stormlands, ruled by House Baratheon, The West, ruled by House Lannister, The Iron Islands ruled by House Greyjoy, and the South, formerly the independent Kingdom of Dorne, or in Pentos, where Danerys Targaryen is to be wed.

You arrive in Westeros in the kingdom of your choice as Robert I Baratheon departs King's Landing to offer Lord Eddard Stark the position of Hand of the King, or in Pentos a few days prior to Danerys' wedding to Khal Drogo.

Your Goal: Survive in Westeros for the next five, turbulent years. If you do Q will transport you back to your present time without having aged a day, and give you twenty million dollars, if you die, you are transported home without having aged, but you get nothing.

Assets: You can take back a cart the size of an enclosed pickup truck bed, and will be granting you a horse to pull it as well as animal husbandry skills. Q has given you $6,000 and one week to either purchase items or choose things from your home to fill the cart.

I would become far too embroiled in the War of the Five Kings, and almost certainly end up dead at the Red Wedding defending my King.

If by some means I survived, I'd join the Brotherhood without Banners and forget about ever returning to my home world.

I would become far too embroiled in the War of the Five Kings, and almost certainly end up dead at the Red Wedding defending my King.If by some means I survived, I'd join the Brotherhood without Banners and forget about ever returning to my home world.

You wouldn't take anything from the modern day with you to Westeros? That's...brave.

An assault rifle and a few thousand rounds of ammo and a couple of RPG's to deal with Dany, after that who cares and why leave? I'd be ruling Westeros in a month. Oh and some books on advanced mining, farming, ship building, road building and that sort of thing. Someone's got to get Westeros out of the dark ages.

You wouldn't take anything from the modern day with you to Westeros? That's...brave.

You said I can take back a cart, I thought you meant back home with me after the five years.

The idea of bringing modern technology to Westeros sort of ruins the experiment for me. 6,000 dollars spent on firearms and ammunition for the BwB would turn the Twins into Saigon before I was done.

But if I arrived during the beginning of the first novel, I guess I can't guarantee I'd be able to hook up with Robb. I'd probably be the stableboy that tried to ransom off Arya, and die there before I could draw my sawed-off shotgun.

In fact, if you reread that paragraph I think there might be some textual evidence that that was actually me.

I would ask to be dropped off in King's Landing.

I would also ask Q for the horse to be a warhorse. Whether he grants this to me, or not, I would use the $6000 to buy gold (which I believe at today's prices would get me a few bars). I would also take my katana and a bunch of extra clothes both for summer and winter. :D

In King's Landing I would use the gold (and also sell the cart) to buy some armor, food, and maybe another weapon.

Then I would ride up the kingroad to catch up to Robert's party and mingle in as a free rider, all the way to Winterfell. I would stay there at least a day more than the king. And sometime after they left, I would make sure that Joffrey's catspaw never got out of the stables alive :devil: . This would get me a nice Valyrian dagger.

Then I would go south after the king's party and again join in as a free rider. I would like to say that I would be able to help Sansa and Arya not lose their wolves, but I can't be sure.

Back in King's Landing I would enter in the melee at the Hand's Tourney. Fire swords don't scare me. Of course I would probably get my ass-kicked either way, but my intention in doing this would be to be noticed by Ned and enter in his service.

Then... watch and wait. And practice, practice, practice.

Ok, so we have a week to prep and and can bring a cartload of stuff, and upon arriving we have mad horse skills? Well, I can tell you that I am definitely not setting myself up to be some sort of Stark family retainer.

Not mad horse skills. You can ride and you can take care of the animal.

I'd get the best quality, functional, rapier I could find, and some warm clothes. Whatever else I had would go to the purchase of salt.

Salt, as I recall, is both a very valuable trade good for a medieval society, as well as something unlikely to be strictly controlled by the King's mint, like bars of gold would be. If I had ready-made bars of gold with an entirely unfamiliar seal on them, I'm pretty sure I'd run the risk of getting in trouble...

I'd be in the North, joining the Starks. Incidentally, I know at least the very basics of fencing, so I could try and accelerate Ned's discovery of needle, and situate myself to be little Arya's first dancing master long before they reach King's Landing...that way I can keep her from her games with Mycha, and hopefully keep Lady alive, and Nymeria at Arya's side. Needless to say, I'd also be trying to keep Bran from falling...

As far as I can tell, if I can do those two things, the war could easily be delayed for months, if not years. If Bran never falls, Cat never seizes Tyrion. If Arya doesn't play at swords with the butcher's boy, Ned and Cersei never get into the confrontation over the wolf. If those never happen, the Starks and Lannisters never take to the field, and Jaime never attacks Ned. If those never happen, Robert never goes hunting to escape the stress, and is never killed by the boar.

Unfortunately, my meddling stops me from having any further specific knowledge of events in King's Landing, so I'd have to settle for just being another player of the game at that point, and one without much power at that.

Sure, I meant to serve the King in the North, but if Robert rules, I'd serve the Warden of the North just as soon.

Absolutely best case scenario: I can somehow talk them into sending a competent assassin to take out both Dany and Jorah before all this nonsense with the dragons gets started. Even Littlefinger seems like less of a threat to my survival than three dragons.

That is a plan...

Although, since it is stated that we get there as Robert leave King's Landing, that does give me a fair amount of time to try and ingratiate myself. Just keep Bran busy with something that day...maybe I'll replace a bit of the salt with something fascinating...one of those hand-crank flashlights. Give him some sort of fascinating sorcery which requires darkness for best use, and I'll have him underground in the crypts the rest of the day.

You said I can take back a cart, I thought you meant back home with me after the five years.

The idea of bringing modern technology to Westeros sort of ruins the experiment for me. 6,000 dollars spent on firearms and ammunition for the BwB would turn the Twins into Saigon before I was done.

But if I arrived during the beginning of the first novel, I guess I can't guarantee I'd be able to hook up with Robb. I'd probably be the stableboy that tried to ransom off Arya, and die there before I could draw my sawed-off shotgun.

In fact, if you reread that paragraph I think there might be some textual evidence that that was actually me.

If by some means I survived, I'd join the Brotherhood without Banners and forget about ever returning to my home world.

LMAO dude, your replies always make me chuckle. Good times.

I'm a simple man, a man who appreciates physical pleasures. Like, those of a women similar to Arianne Martell. So, I would basically go try to hang out with her and get in her pants...or skirts or whatever. Thats about the only "safe" thing I can think of doing in Westeros. My luck, I would end up with Yoren and Arya in the little castle thing that gets burned out. F that! hahah

I would buy a videocamara, some hair dye, some snazzy clothes and a sword with the six grand. Then Id wait for robert to get back to kings landing, seduce Cersei while Jaime was away(I would have dyed my hair blonde)and videotape it. Then I'd show the king the tape. He'd freak out kill Cersei and probably me. But it'd be worth not getting the money to get Cersei killed and save everyone else

Buy a gun with suitable amounts of ammunition, also buy supplies of chemicals needed to make explosives.

Go to dragonstrone and use this explosive power so I look like I have been sent by Rh'llor. Win the battle of blackwater.

EDIT: An also a cricket bat/chainsaw to deal with zombies

Buy a gun with suitable amounts of ammunition, also buy supplies of chemicals needed to make explosives.

Go to dragonstrone and use this explosive power so I look like I have been sent by Rh'llor. Win the battle of blackwater.

You've only got a week to gather your supplies, so I'd plan on taking a reference material if you're going to be doing any chemistry stuff.

Why does everyone say assault rifles? Sure you'd be on GOdmode with them, but unless you can somehow use $6000 and one week to gather black market weaponry...

of course, an American would have less trouble with this. Even so, it's never a good idea to use a weapon without practicing it.

Also, what happens if it breaks?

Couple other things to think about:

flashing your stuff around isn't a good idea. You could easily end up like Arya, who lost just about everything she had on her first night in KL. What happens if a lord demands tribute?

Bringing a gun with you is bound to attract the attention of the FM and/or Maesters. How long before it "disappears" whle you're asleep? Food would also be the single most important thing you could get. The Vale would be your bewst bet- pleasant locale, abundance of food, totally untouched by the fighting. Dorne is a desert, but it has Dornish women, so that might make up for the rough climate.

Archived