[ADWD Spoilers] Speculation About the Winds of Winter

Vikingkingq

Yeah...but...with the destruction of Hardhome sounding disturbingly like that of Valyria, I wonder if whateverr happened there wasn't just random vulcanism or magic gone awry or whatever, but something more deliberate thats more relevant than just random background.

Good point, that didn't even occur to me. Having said that, I do agree that it's unlikely Dany is going to march her army down the demon road but I would like to see something more about the fate of Valyria.

The armies of Mereen and the other Ghiscari square off, perhaps with the Mereenese winning an early skirmish. Ghiscari spot Dothraki and a large fleet of ships on either horizon. They shout out, 'we are saved!'. The Dothraki under Daenerys, the Mereneese and Unsullied under Barristan the Bold, and the Iron Men under Victarion utterly crush the Ghiscari.

Not to get all religious or anything (I'm definitely not religious), but does anyone else see a parallel between that and Christ's death and resurrection? Jon is killed but then brought back to life to become the savior of the world. You don't get any more Christ-like than that.

Actually, his killing reminds me more of Julius Ceasar. He is a good leader and all that but he is threatening to make the Watch his personal army by bringing it to fight Ramsay.

Actually, his killing reminds me more of Julius Ceasar. He is a good leader and all that but he is threatening to make the Watch his personal army by bringing it to fight Ramsay.

Agreed. This would also signal the end of the Wall or Watch though (as Caesar's death signaled the end of the Republic), I think. Luckily it's almost a necessity for the Others to come over anyhow!

And what's with people wanting Dany to join Khal Jhaqo? I'm pretty certain she promised dread vengeance upon them and I'm glad to see that the dragon remembers.

Sansa Stark is unveiled by LF, marrys Harrold Arryn, and begins to march North with an army to claim Winterfell. She is now a bigamist, if unwittingly. She stops on the way to pay the Twins a visit.

Sansa is not actually a bigamist, because her marriage can be annulled by a Septon as it was never consummated in the bed chamber. I assume as she doesn't like riding as much as Margery, she still has her maidenhood to prove it!

Sam Tarly will return North with a maester's chain forged.

Doubtful, The signs point to Sam walking into a world of danger at the Citadel, with the politics as fraught as King's Landing.

Jon Snow is more difficult -- maybe he'll become an independent wight like Benjen/Coldhands and work with him against the Others?POV Deaths: Jaime Lannister. Brienne of Tarth. Ser Barristan. (Cersei is probably safe until the last book.)

Jaime won't die until killing Cersei. Her prophecy from Casterly Rock says that her brother will kill her, it would be boring if it was Tyrion, much more dramatic if Jaime kills her.

Sansa is not actually a bigamist, because her marriage can be annulled by a Septon as it was never consummated in the bed chamber. I assume as she doesn't like riding as much as Margery, she still has her maidenhood to prove it!

Yes, but my theory assumes that she and LF will think that Tyrion is dead and marry her off without an annulment. Then when he returns, sweet Sansa has two husbands.

Yes, but my theory assumes that she and LF will think that Tyrion is dead and marry her off without an annulment. Then when he returns, sweet Sansa has two husbands.

That could work, but Littlefinger is seldom one to leave things to chance. I don't think the Vale will ride to Winterfell, although they probably will get involved in the fighting at some point.

predictions:

Jon- not dead, badly wounded maybe, brought back by Mel and her magic or something.

Jamie kills Brienne when she tries to kill him,then he goes off to kill his sister.

Arya abandons the FM after a vision from her wolf, something family related like seeing Sansa or Jon.

The hound is resurrected to kill the un-mountian, somehow.

Tyrion rides a dragon.

Bran talks to Jon through his ravens and helps him that way.

I manage to find this post in six years when the next book comes out.

Brynden Tully has found one of the two BwB bands running out there. I'm hoping that he ran into Edric Dayne.

Jaime and Brienne will kill UnCat. UnCat has to go, she doesn't serve a plot purpose anymore especially with the Manderlys and the North being instruments of revenge on the Freys now. The Riverlands are being fixed up and peace should at least come for a little bit before the Others come over the wall.

Arya leaves Braavos, abandoning the FM, to come back to Westeros. She can't give up her identity as Arya but has some of the FM skills.

The Hound is the silent gravedigger from AFFC.

Jon doesn't die at the end of ADWD.

Sansa will perhaps start to break free of Littlefinger, though she'll definitely be forced to marry Harry first. Sweetrobin will die. Aegon's landing probably throw's a spanner into Littlefinger's Plan. He'll probably have to rouse the Vale to fight the Targaryens.

Aegon whether he is fake or not, dies, either at Storm's End, or is murdered by magic.

Dany will return to Mereen, tame the dragons, and be ready to move out to Westeros by the end of the first half of TWOW. I think she goes East to go west as Quaithe says.

Victarion, Marwyn, Tyrion, Jorah will all become known to Dany. She has to decide what to do with them.

And lastly, TWOW will take less than 5 years to come out. GRRM needs to stay ahead of the HBO series. There's no way the producers of the show would want to not have at least one season a year. Even if ASOS is done in 2 seasons because it's long, that still means that GRRM has until about 2015-6-7 to finish Book 7 so that production, acting and editing can all be done in time. :laugh:

First crazy prediction, TWOW will be out before or after A Game of Thrones season 3.

Secondly, Cersei and Jaime Lannister both die. Cersei loses her trial. Sandor comes back to FINALLY kick his brother's ass. Jaime loses and dies to Brienne of Tarth in another trial by combat. They both come in the world together and die together though far apart.

Jaqen H'ghar finds the horn at the citadel and blows it. The wall comes tumbling down. All men must die.

HUGE battle at Meereen with an ESSOS field of fire when all three dragons burn the hell out of that horrible city, and hopefully the entire continent because I'm sick of reading about it.

As far as Mel raising Jon. The redpriests have never given life back to a warg, no? So I think that (Stay with me this may get esoteric) the ones theyve raised so far would have been mentally damaged from thier soul being pulled back in. If that is how it works. They all seem to have lost something mentally. If Jons soul is in Ghost would he have an easier time with the UnJon thing? Would there be any issues at all?

Would this mean R'hllor was a warg too?

In Arya's rumor-gathering for the KoM, she hears about how the forces of the north came together to save "the Ned's girl." She realizes that she does in fact have a future in Westeros, all is not lost to her, and that there is an army waiting for her if she returns. I think she leaves Braavos at the end of TWoW.

I think Aegon will prove to be the right ruler of the seven Kingdoms.

We've seen Dany attempt to rule: She sucks.

WoW will surely... SURELY see Dany set off for Westeros. Else we'll open up a chapter and it'll just read 'rocks fell, Dany died'. The forces of Yunkai are basically dead already as discussed in Tyrion's last chapter, so Dany will roflstomp her enemies, leave Meereen to the Meereenese, and head off for Westeros.

Question is, who will she have with her? Will she forgiven Jorah Mormont if he comes before her again, or follow through with her threat to kill him? Did her lover get launched from that trebuchet? Will Victarion kidnap her as he intends? I think no on the last point.

From the sound of it I imagine we'll see resolution to what's happening in the wall, and probably the Others breach it by the end, setting up their invasion for the finale.

Uncat/Jaime/Brienne will likely be sorted out, and I suspect we'll see a resolution to the Sansa plotline as well, with her ending up in some position of power (be it Eyrie or Winterfell).

I've always assumed Dany would win, and that's what makes her plotlines to disinteresting for me. It would be a kicker if she didn't win.

And what about Nissa Nissa? You think that's actually going to be Ghost? In my mind it's Arya, maybe even Mel or Dany. Maybe Dany's purpose is to make a sacrifice to get rid of the Others and winter, producing the Summer that Never Ends.

All I know is it better not be Arya.

I predict Cersei going Jaime on us. This whole changed woman stuff will stick on her so that by the time she is killed we will actually be sorry about that if you can believe it.

I agree it makes sense for Mel to raise up Jon. It is time these two ganged up (to an extent) and regardless of what happened with Stannis.

I predict Cersei going Jaime on us. This whole changed woman stuff will stick on her so that by the time she is killed we will actually be sorry about that if you can believe it.

I agree it makes sense for Mel to raise up Jon. It is time these two ganged up (to an extent) and regardless of what happened with Stannis.

I dunno, I got the feeling Cersei didn't learn a god damn thing and is still a psycho crazy whore. Something about Kevan's view of her having her "fire quenched" just felt wrong, if the epilogue had been from her POV she would have probably been thinking about how she was going to rip off Kevan's tongue.

Surprising how sympathetic the red woman got with her 1 chapter though.

As far as Mel raising Jon. The redpriests have never given life back to a warg, no? So I think that (Stay with me this may get esoteric) the ones theyve raised so far would have been mentally damaged from thier soul being pulled back in. If that is how it works. They all seem to have lost something mentally. If Jons soul is in Ghost would he have an easier time with the UnJon thing? Would there be any issues at all?

I like this idea. If Coldhands is Benjen, then this would lend credence to this theory also, especially if living Benjen had any of the Stark warging abilities. So Benjen gets wightified, leaves his dead body before the Others take the body over, then wrestles his way back into the dead body after a little sojourn into a raven or some other animal? I could see it happening..... although originally after I read it, I thought Mel would give Jon the Kiss. What if it's a combination?

Archived