Jojen Reed's fate? (ADWD Spoilers)

starkloyalist

Neither Reed are POV characters and GRRM said he won't be adding any more.

:agree: I do know that. But I was trying to figure why he has not been around for 15 years, and why he sent his children forth to free the Winged Wolf chained to WF.

Neither Reed are POV characters and GRRM said he won't be adding any more.

This was being discussed a few weeks ago on another thread, but I believe the consensus was that GRRM said that we don't be getting any new POVs that we haven't met yet. So there could be new POVs (there is going to be at least one in Mago, I think,) but it will only be characters we already know. Though I was previously also under the impression that there were going to be "no new POVs."

I Think Jojen´s "sacrifice" would matter because only life may pay for death, the power is in the act of sacrifice, not really in the blood. Jojen Paste might not be true, but I do believe in Jojen sacrifice in some way

:agree: Yes, Profion. And maybe even a Theon sacrifice as well? I have heard that bandied about, and I thought it ever since Bran's visit in the roots of the weirwood where he sees an exection or blood sacrifice beneath the heart tree at Winterfell. :frown5:

• 3 weeks later...

I do not think that the Cotf are evil nor is BR. "Leaf" tells them:

“Most of him has gone into the tree,” explained the singer Meera called Leaf. “He has lived beyond his mortal span, and yet he lingers. For us, for you, for the realms of men. Only a little strength remains in his flesh. He has a thousand eyes and one, but there is much to watch. One day you will know.”

It seems to me that Bran had an still has a hard road to journey down, and that BR is there to guide him on his way. But talk of Bran,the Cotf, BR being the enemies that Melisandre says they are is wrong, considering she mis interperts her visions in the flames all to often.

Very interesting theories, I would just like to point out that I don't think you guys should take into consideration the possibility that Bran gets angry with Bloodraven if the Jojen-paste theory is true. I mean he might get angry at first but I don't think it would really matter in terms of his development as a greenseer. Bran knows Jojen and if the Jojen-paste theory occurs, he will know that Jojen would have firstly agreed with Bloodraven to sacrifice himself to help him become 'the' greenseer. I just don't see the ''Bran becoming angry'' affecting Bran's development as a greenseer, which is what Bloodraven cares about.

Very interesting theories, I would just like to point out that I don't think you guys should take into consideration the possibility that Bran gets angry with Bloodraven if the Jojen-paste theory is true. I mean he might get angry at first but I don't think it would really matter in terms of his development as a greenseer. Bran knows Jojen and if the Jojen-paste theory occurs, he will know that Jojen would have firstly agreed with Bloodraven to sacrifice himself to help him become 'the' greenseer. I just don't see the ''Bran becoming angry'' affecting Bran's development as a greenseer, which is what Bloodraven cares about.

Why would jojen volunteer?

Also it would be really out of place if bran wasn't upset by eating his friend!

If this were true that would seem to lead into the whole blood raven/bran is evil thing. Since blood sacrifice is more of a dark magic

Why would jojen volunteer?

Also it would be really out of place if bran wasn't upset by eating his friend!

If this were true that would seem to lead into the whole blood raven/bran is evil thing. Since blood sacrifice is more of a dark magic

Because at least of what I've seen of Jojen he seems to be a pretty commited guy, he didn't care much about his health (even though he 'knew' he wasn't dying) when going to the Three Eyed Crow, it seems to me that Jojen's purpose is to help Bran developing as a greenseer and Jojen knows it. Anyway, that's just what I get from Jojen's personality.

Bran will get upset, but that won't change much.

I wouldn't be sure about blood sacrifice being more of dark magic in ASOIF, as his characters, magic doesn't seem to be either dark or white

Just checking the appendices at the end of ADWD and spotted this - in the section "Other Houses Great and Small", under "House Stark" names it lists Jojen as "-JOJEN, a boy blessed with green sight", yet under the "Beyond the Wall" section it lists Jojen as "-JOJEN REED, her brother, thirteen, cursed with green sight"?

Why is it that Jojen is blessed south of The Wall but cursed north of The Wall? Interesting..........

Just checking the appendices at the end of ADWD and spotted this - in the section "Other Houses Great and Small", under "House Stark" names it lists Jojen as "-JOJEN, a boy blessed with green sight", yet under the "Beyond the Wall" section it lists Jojen as "-JOJEN REED, her brother, thirteen, cursed with green sight"?

Why is it that Jojen is blessed south of The Wall but cursed north of The Wall? Interesting..........

GREAT OBSERVATION! And it was my understanding that Jojen has GREENDREAMS, and Bran IS THE GREENSEER! I thought they were two separate gifts, and Jojen even tells Bran that the gods only gave him greendreams - that Bran is the greenseer like Bloodraven.

I think it's possible that Jojen did sacrifice himself and turn into paste but then why wasn't it stated? Jojen is an important character. I would think that GRRM would make it obvious if he was killed off. But maybe he isn't dead and became part of the tree or something? I don't know. :dunno:

I think it's possible that Jojen did sacrifice himself and turn into paste but then why wasn't it stated?

Because it creates threads like this -- debates that go on for years after the fact. It's something GRRM seems rather fond of implementing into his stories.

I've been converted to the "Jojen paste" theory. I do think he seems himself as destined to sacrafice himself to something larger and is resigned to and accepting of his fate. What's curious is Meera's reaction. One can explain that Bran doesn't know about Jojen because it is his POV and he hasn't been told. However, Bran LOVES Meera and Meera would know of her brother's fate. Meera also doesn't seem the type to keep quiet about something that would be such an emotional experience.

Because it creates threads like this -- debates that go on for years after the fact. It's something GRRM seems rather fond of implementing into his stories.

I guess so.

Because it's Bran's POV and he wasn't told and hasn't figured it out.

Why didn't someone tell him,though? That's what I'm wondering.

I've been converted to the "Jojen paste" theory. I do think he seems himself as destined to sacrafice himself to something larger and is resigned to and accepting of his fate. What's curious is Meera's reaction. One can explain that Bran doesn't know about Jojen because it is his POV and he hasn't been told. However, Bran LOVES Meera and Meera would know of her brother's fate. Meera also doesn't seem the type to keep quiet about something that would be such an emotional experience.

Exactly. Why wouldn't Meera say anything? And if Jojen really is dead-OMG poor Meera. :crying:

I read these posts over again, and I started to wonder about Summer, who has those wolf instincts as well as an emotional link to Bran. If Bran does become angry, so will Summer - as what happened in the godswood at WF when Summer and Shaggydog chased the Reeds up the tree.

Married to a tree or not, if Summer displays anger directed at the CotF or BR, it will not be pleasant - and Summer will do more than just piddle on the tree!

So - with that in mind, it also seems that if some mischief were going on regarding Jojen and Meera, Summer would sense it, and then in tun, so would Bran. I guess my arguments are refuting Jojen paste - although I keep wavering back and forth!

Why didn't someone tell him,though? That's what I'm wondering.

Exactly. Why wouldn't Meera say anything? And if Jojen really is dead-OMG poor Meera. :crying:

It's difficult to explain that he had to eat his friend for the greater good and they're trying to avoid doing it for as long as possible or when he has a better understanding of what is at play, rather than telling him now and having him not trust them and refusing to continue training.

Bran doesn't see Meera after the paste.

Archived