Possible tWOW prologues.

sweet_cersei

One interesting thought would be Sam Tarly's little brother, Dickon. He could be at Highgarden as the attack from the Ironborn happens and get killed at the end of it. This could become interesting because then Sam becomes the only male heir to his father, who upon hearing some of his deeds in the Night's Watch might look for a way to release Sam from his vow, thereby testing his vow in the same way as Jon's and Maester Aemon's.

Also, I don't think the story is quite done with Edric Storm yet and wouldn't be shocked if its from the viewpoint of one of his companions, wherever he is.

I would like to see a prologue where the POV is someone who tries to disturb Ned's bones returning to the north on behalf of Lady Dustin. The POV could be killed by either the UnCat or Howland Reed and would accomplish the refocusing of the story back in the North with the Starks' return and bring a new player in the battle up to the north as well. With UnCat it is difficult because of the Lannister/Brienne cliffhanger in the timeline. It could work with Howland Reed and would provide an easy entry for him into the story as an active participant. It makes sense as a prologue, though may not follow the established pattern closely enough. It might also be a more appropriate Epilogue depending on how much happens in the next book.

I'd love to see a Howland Reed prologue, maybe remembering what happened at the Tower of Joy, maybe finally taking part in the war.

Would love to see a Tower of Joy flashback POV. Might be a way to bring Ned back by giving him a flashback POV. Although if you wanted a doomed flashback POV, you would go with Lyanna.

Well, let's see...the odd number prologues took place in the North featuring two men of the Night's Watch and one Wildling. The even number ones have focused on maesters or wannabe maesters. They introduced us to places that will play a big part in events (Dragonstone) or will play a big part (Oldtown). So by that logic, it'll likely be some kind of maester in a new location.

Here's an idea...the prologue will be the maester of House Redwyne right before the Ironborn take over. Why not? The Wall is the farthest point North of Westeros and The Arbor is the farthest point South. We haven't been to The Arbor yet and there's a very good chance the place is going to fall to Euron. It will eventually be the sight of a major battle in the War of Five Kings.

i would like it to be of the Elder Brother's point of view. It starts at the death of night and moves on to show how Quiet Isle is assaulted and sacked and put to the torch by ironborn or what remains of Gregor's men, or someone.. and how the EB goes to the big novice and tells him to escape before it is too late and head to the Eyrie for safety since it's nearest. it is then revealed that the novice is actually Sandor Clegane who's tale is not yet over with, since he has to rescue a certain little bird and dispatch UnGregor. And the chapter ends with the EB feeling a sowrd or spear thrust...

This is an awesome idea! I figured the Hound was done and at peace, but it would make sense that he is the one who will bring down Ser Robert Strong, cool theory.

I am rereading 'Dance' at the moment and there is only one character I want as the PROLOGUE

viewpoint in the next book...

MAESTER HARMUNE- Cotter Pyke's maester on the mission to Hardhome.

Okay so we already know some of the events that occur on the way to Hardhome - 5 of the ships are lost to stormy seas, Mother Mole thinks that they are slavers and that there are dead things in the woods and dead things in the water. I really want to know what happens at the end of this doomed quest.

I think choosing Harmune would really play to one of Martin's strengths - horror writing. With the Night's Watch is disarray because of Jon's assassination, the bad feeling between the Queen's Men and the Wildlings and these messages, things look bleak for the Watch. I want to know exactly how bleak...

Please GRRM!!!

I am rereading 'Dance' at the moment and there is only one character I want as the PROLOGUE

viewpoint in the next book...

MAESTER HARMUNE- Cotter Pyke's maester on the mission to Hardhome.

Okay so we already know some of the events that occur on the way to Hardhome - 5 of the ships are lost to stormy seas, Mother Mole thinks that they are slavers and that there are dead things in the woods and dead things in the water. I really want to know what happens at the end of this doomed quest.

I think choosing Harmune would really play to one of Martin's strengths - horror writing. With the Night's Watch is disarray because of Jon's assassination, the bad feeling between the Queen's Men and the Wildlings and these messages, things look bleak for the Watch. I want to know exactly how bleak...

Please GRRM!!!

I really like this. It fits into the theme that the book's title suggests; "Winds of Winter" evokes imagery of a destructive winter wind destroying all that's left of war-stricken Westeros. What better way to introduce this than with an attack by the Others?

Edit:

It would be awesome if Lancel is the champion for the Faith that has to fight against Cersei's champion, even though I feel sorry for the guy and don't want to see him Robert Strong-armed.

Or does Jaime return after his uncat quest to fight Robert Strong. This would greatly returned his lost honor and get some revenge of years of manipulation at the hands of his sister.

I'd love to see a Howland Reed prologue, maybe remembering what happened at the Tower of Joy, maybe finally taking part in the war.

A Howland Reed prologue would be the absolute best. Just an awesome start to the book. I think it would be much more realistic to have one from the Blackfish's POV. I'm interested to see where he has been, and what type of stuff he has been plotting

Archived