Possible tWOW prologues.

sweet_cersei

I would be extremely pissed off if the prologue of the next book takes places 15 minutes before the end of the epilogue of the previous book. It's not like Pycelle didn't talk a decent amount in Kevan's chapter....what else could he possibly add other than just his flashbacks to the old days.

Knowing Martin planned series to be trilogy at the begining, i wonder what that exactly means for prologue structure, since there are going to be 7(or more) prologues. Epilogues seem to follow 3 book pattern (first 3 books=1. book, second two probably=2.book; next epilog probably planned to end series).

Maybe there is no north of wall-south-etc. pattern. Ofc, it is possible Maritin implemented it later. But which where planned from begining?

Will of course, but for others im not so sure. Cressen could have been told by Davos, Chett by Sam, Merret Frey is important because of UnCat. Pate explains stuff about citadel and news of danny and dragons reaching westeros. Varymir explains what happened with wildlings after Stannis defeated them, + extra info on varging. Kevan was certanly planned, altought not neceserily from POV.

About maester pattern, i don't buy it, only two books and pate isn't realy a maester. More probably coincidance.

If there is no pattern for nort-south of the wall, my guess would be Hardhome. It makes sanse to have POV and see what happens there, more insight on the others wouldn't hurth either.

It won't be around winterfell, since there is Theon chapter after it. Also i don't think it will be at the Wall, we have Mel there and possibly Jon.

Now for more crackpot, what about Benjen prologue? If he is not Coldhands, what happened to him, is it possible that he survived untill now? Maybe he is somwhere deep in the winterlands or something, providing insight into others. With all probability that he is alredy dead, him beaing prologue charchter wouldn't make much differance, i doubt we will see his return. Maybe explnation of what happened to him at best.

If tWoW is begining of the originaly planned 3rd book, it may make sence that this prolouge was planned from star, and Benjen prologue would deffinetley have that kind of importance. I have no ideas for other prolouges that cold have been planned from start.

If there was no planning from start, i still think Hardhome would make some sence. Wherever it is, i doubt it will be outside westeros. That would be kind of a combo breaker. If not hardhom, somewhere in the south. There never was prologue in south-of-the-Wall North.

I'm thinking it has to be Howland Reed or someone within Greywater Watch. I think it will have something to do with what really happened at the Tower of Joy and the events that took place between Lyanna, Rhaegar and Eddard. Maybe a reveal that Lyanna was pregnant with Rhaegar's baby and gives birth to Jon and dies in childbirth. Eddard swears Howland to secrecy for all these years and now we learn the truth.

I don't think it's gonna be a major character. Hell, probably not even a minor character. We've only had two pro/epilogue where we actually knew who the character was beforehand. Although, to be fair, I really had no idea who Chett was before his prologue in ASOS, so I don't really count him.

My dream prologue would be someone spotting the dragon under Winterfell that was released at the end of ACOK and getting subsequently killed by it. But that's a dream, I think. An Essos POV depicting the battle at Meereen would be a more realistic prologue choice.

Couldnt remember where he was, but doubt it will be him now, cheers for the answer.

Think it will be around abouts stormsend though.... Maybe whoever now holds it

Unlikely tbh, as we've already got Joncon to tell about the fall of Storm's End.

the Prologue should be Areo Hotah, present when the news of "Aegon" is reported to Prince Doran. In tradition, he may accompany the princess north to find out more about him and get caught up in something and die.

the Prologue should be Areo Hotah, present when the news of "Aegon" is reported to Prince Doran. In tradition, he may accompany the princess north to find out more about him and get caught up in something and die.

But there never was regular POV as prologue. And It can't be Doran because he is in Arianne2, besides I hope we will have POV in Dorne, Yornwoods are up to something sinister. Though thinking about it can be prologue from Storm's End or will we see it through eyes of Connington?

But if it has to be from Dorne I would put my money on Obara, Dakstar or someone around there. We have no POV there. And I really hope it will lead us near ToJ.

But there never was regular POV as prologue. And It can't be Doran because he is in Arianne2, besides I hope we will have POV in Dorne, Yornwoods are up to something sinister. Though thinking about it can be prologue from Storm's End or will we see it through eyes of Connington?

But if it has to be from Dorne I would put my money on Obara, Dakstar or someone around there. We have no POV there. And I really hope it will lead us near ToJ.

I like your idea better.

As far as Howland Reed goes I think he is to important to be killed off in the first chapter. I am personally hoping it is Walder Frey dying in the worst possible way imaginable

If Walder dies in an "un-natural" way, it will be at the Lannister/Frey wedding, that is if he can be carried down there. He is feeble yet still has the virility to get his young wife pregnant. But yes, Howland, I feel will be one ot the last people standing simply because he does not seem to be putting himself in jeopardy since the Tower of Joy.

Archived