Possible tWOW prologues.

sweet_cersei

It seems the prologue/epilogue character always dies as we know. I cannot see Wyman Manderly getting out of this alive if he does plan to have his men turn on the Freys in the wilderness.

It's a good assumption that the prologue will be someone at Winterfell since there are no more eyes there since Theon left. There is too much chaos with "Arya" gone for it to be ignored.

Another point towards Wyman being the POV is that he brought no hostages when he arrived. Hostages could keep him in line, making betrayal more likely without them. Also, I think he is content with dying and leaving his son as heir and does not want any more hostages to have a hold on him.

Trying to revive the Starks through Rickon might be a swan song act before his inevitable death at Winterfell at the hands of the Freys/Boltons once they learn of his betrayal.

It seems the prologue/epilogue character always dies as we know. I cannot see Wyman Manderly getting out of this alive if he does plan to have his men turn on the Freys in the wilderness.

It's a good assumption that the prologue will be someone at Winterfell since there are no more eyes there since Theon left. There is too much chaos with "Arya" gone for it to be ignored.

Another point towards Wyman being the POV is that he brought no hostages when he arrived. Hostages could keep him in line, making betrayal more likely without them. Also, I think he is content with dying and leaving his son as heir and does not want any more hostages to have a hold on him.

Trying to revive the Starks through Rickon might be a swan song act before his inevitable death at Winterfell at the hands of the Freys/Boltons once they learn of his betrayal.

It doesn't respect the north/south pattern though. Also I don't think that we'll be seeing Winterfell again quite soon, what with the battle of ice. And while of confusion could be interesting.

What about a Ser Patrek prolouge? This would obviously occur before Wun Wun pulverizes him. I think it would give you insights on actions taken right before the attack on Jon. Maybe Wun Wun knows enough common to understand what is being said by the co-conspiritors or maybe he was antagonized by the assassins to create a distraction. We know that all prolouge characters end up dying and Ser Patrek ends up as a can of knight jelly.

What about a Ser Patrek prolouge? This would obviously occur before Wun Wun pulverizes him. I think it would give you insights on actions taken right before the attack on Jon. Maybe Wun Wun knows enough common to understand what is being said by the co-conspiritors or maybe he was antagonized by the assassins to create a distraction. We know that all prolouge characters end up dying and Ser Patrek ends up as a can of knight jelly.

I don't think that will happen, but perhaps a Bowen Marsh prologue, that would also give insight in his plans.

It seems to me, that the prologues serve the purpose of showing us the power of the supernaturals (Others in Got/Rhllor in CoK/Others in SoS/Faceless man in FFC/warging in DwD). they show us, what the characters have to deal with. There is also the North/Maester pattern.

From this i would think that the Maester of Eastwatch-by-the-sea could give us a real insight about the dead things in the water, ships returning from Hardhome, than Eastwatch being swarmed by the White Walkers.

On the other hand, i would also really enjoy a prologue from an Other (the plot could be the same, they are invading Eastwatch), this seems good, since we really have no clue what the Others are about, and showing their motives/thoughts/tactics/startegy is only possible in either a prologue or an epilogue, because its pretty hard to imagine them interacting with human characters (maybe Bran could interrogate one, buts that seems a bit wild).

other possibility could be Bloodraven, we could get inside his head, and learn about the CotF (it would follow the pattern, since the prologues are alternating between the Others and the other gods, and we have seen the power of Rhllor and the many faced god, but we havent really encounterd with a servant of the Old gods), but this would probably waste the once-in-book opportunity of the prologue, since we could learn about his fate in a Bran POV

I believe it will be Lancel and the scene will be Cersei's trial. Lancel will decapitate or otherwise 'defeat' Robert Strong who promptly kills him despite being injured in such a way that would mean any mortal mans death, and this will show the people of King's Landing what Robert Strong really is.

I would love this, it would be a great way to start the book with a bang. I also think that a Jojen prologue would be good, since his death and the events that lead up to it will probably be an exciting way to kick it off as well (This is assuming that he isn't Jojen paste).

I just thought of one... One of the black brothers at crasters keep... Would certainly clear up all the confusion about Craster and the others... They may come looking for a sacrifice and find Craster dead and the black brothers who killed him will be in for a treat

I just thought of one... One of the black brothers at crasters keep... Would certainly clear up all the confusion about Craster and the others... They may come looking for a sacrifice and find Craster dead and the black brothers who killed him will be in for a treat

hey... that's a good one. This is the Winds of Winter, the title just makes me think of the others and the cold that is felt in their presence, this book will probably be the start of their invasion. A prologue which explains something about the others and possibly gives more information about craster's sons would be ideal.

hey... that's a good one. This is the Winds of Winter, the title just makes me think of the others and the cold that is felt in their presence, this book will probably be the start of their invasion. A prologue which explains something about the others and possibly gives more information about craster's sons would be ideal.

But the pattern! The pattern must be appeased! :P

And anyway so far as I'm aware there's not much going on in Craster's keep. Any black brothers there would be dead or fled a long time ago.

Very good idea, but weren't these the guys killed by Coldhands in Bran's first ADWD chapter?

though i have little desire to know what's in his head, the character i want most to die at this point would have to be Ramsey Bolton.

edited to add that it would also be interesting to get Khal Jhaqo's POV (esp for those wanting to 'hear' from a Dothraki) right before Drogon roasts him and half his khalasar.

With the title being The Winds of Winter I would think the prologue almost has to be north of the wall. A lot of ideas have benn thrown about, but let's be frank here. Most of the names are highly disposable characters, the equivalent of Yeoman Johnson in Star Trek- some poor schlub in a red shirt whose sole purpose is to die in the away mission. The PoV's should start to hurt. Therefore, I nominate Benjen Stark. Most believe he isn't dead, that he left the dragonglass in the black cloak for the Night's Watch to find, and he is doing recon on the white walkers.

This would be an epilogue worth reading.

Archived