Whi is the Hound hitting in the two trailers?

BlackTalon

I have watched the last two trailers and I just can´t figure out who that guy is who is fighting with the Hound and falls over the wall and crashes into the courtyard. Was that in the books? It doesn´t look like the Battle of the Blackwater, with a crowd apparently cheering him on or something ...

Edit: Of course that title was supposed to be "WHO is the Hound hitting ..." :bang:

I believe its Joff's Name Day....although in the books he didn't fight.

Perhaps they are making it up to the actor for chopping his role to itty bitty shreds of bits in season 1

(the Hound fought in the Hand's tourney but watching the show you would have never known he unhorsed Jaime and was lined up to fight Loras next)

....at first I thought you said "WHO is the Hound hitting on....." LOLOL I was trying to think "what scene has Sandor hitting on someone? a guy? no...he's straight!

The guy is in full armor, so unless it was a knight poo-flinging, it's not that. It's not a tourney fight either, they are on a raised walkway or something. I am thinking it's the drunk guy from Joff's tourney. (Is that Ser Dontos?)

Are we sure it's the hound? The shield looks like their sigil, but on the video I saw I could not make out the helm clearly. If it's The Mountain, then it could be several scenes of him fighting someone which occur.

ah hah! excerpt from Rory McCann interview:

Access: You were involved in one of the most memorable fight scenes last season – Sandor vs. his brother Gregor after a joust. Will you get to wield the sword a little bit more in Season 2?

Rory: Yeah. Twice as much. I’m in another joust with a gold helmet on. It’s quite hard to see who you’re trying to kill wearing that dog’s helmet, I can assure you.

This is clearly not during the riots, which was when the dung was thrown.

Haha, lol yeah I completely forgot that, also as Lord Ashford said the guy who threw crap at Joffrey wouldn't have been wearing armour. I'd probably say it's just some random person Joffrey want's him to fight, maybe David and Dan felt they needed to make it up to the hound for leaving his role in the tourney in the first book out of the show?

Most likely it's a drunken Ser Dontos.

Sure as hell I hope it is NOT Ser Dontos. If the Hound needs to be fully armoured to face that idiot, then he should dedicate his time to pet kitties and leave the serious business of fighting and killing to Tommen.

And if on the other hand, HBO have decided to make Ser Dontos a more capable (and sober) warrior, why should Joffrey be mad angry with him for losing to Sandor? In that case he could order the execution of the rest of the knights left in King's Landing, all his Kingsguard included.

More likely, Joffrey to amuse himself in his nameday, has ordered different opponents to face Sandor by turns, and after the Hound dispatches the man of the trailer, comes the summoning of Dentos and from there the scene plays as in the book.

It's not like he put on the armor to fight him. He is always wearing armor when on duty. Would he take it off before dealing with him?

He is also using a shield and wearing the helm, while in the Blackwater sequences does neither.

In the books, Joffrey always want to see people fight. To the death. Against his Hound. At his birthdaytourney for instance. Maybe they've put something like that on the screen just to show what a nasty piece of work he is. The unfortunate falling guy might be a nameless knight who offended him.

Archived