What are the characters you enjoyed the most to read about?

mor2

It depends on which of the books I'm reading really.

Those that I'm most looking forward to read again (as things stand) would probably be: Bran, Davos, Jaime and Brienne, Theon and Asha, Stannis, Roose (such a great baddie) and maybe Sansa. She's just getting interesting to me.

I've generally always looked forward to an Arya, Tyrion or Jon chapter.

I think Dany's POV could start to be good again and Victarion has been slowly growing on me too.

Davos!!

Tyrion (not so much in ADWD though..)

Arya

Jaime Lannister

Theon..especially in ADWD..totally loved his chapters in every way

I also loved Septon Meribald's monologue, and the fatherly influences of Ned Stark, Maester Luwin, and Maester Aemon

1. Jaime Lannister

2. Arya Stark

3. Theon

4. Tyrion and Cersei for the tie

Other characters I'd like to read more about:

1. Ser Arthur Dayne

2. Rhaegar Targaryen

3. Baelor Breakspear (before his death)

4. Both Dunk and Egg

5. Bloodraven

I enjoyed Jaime, because of the complete personality change, and for just being generally quite amusing.

Theon because of his personality change in ADWD.

Cersei because prior to reading her POV you think she's a malicious and horrible person, yet when you read her chapters you realise that she's completely and wonderfully insane.

Asha just because I like her character.

Sansa post GoT because of the political insight her POVs give.

Dany pre-ADWD before I realised what an awful Queen she is.

Anyone here liked Dunk and Egg?

Yes! Great reminder I forgot about them. I love the Dunk character. Nice to see the world thru the eyes of a nice. honorable, "simpleton". As far as the main books go. All the characters are awesome of course, but Jamie's story arch is one of my favorites. For an entire family; I really enjoy the Greyjoys; I didn't appreciate them at all on my first read thru, but after reading them more and more; the Greyjoys are tons of fun too read about.

Anyone here liked Dunk and Egg?

Yes, I love Dunk and Egg. The Hedge Knight was my favorite, but I also really enjoyed The Mystery Knight (I'm a bit of a Bloodraven fangirl). The Sworn Sword wasn't as good, but still enjoyable.

In general, I enjoy most Jaime, Jon, Asha, Cersei, Arya, and Davos chapters. However, Theon's ADwD chapters may be my favorite in the entire series. I liked Dany in AGoT but not really since, and Tyrion up until ADwD.

Non-POV characters I love to read about are Sandor, Littlefinger, Varys, Beric and those crazy Baratheon brothers. I like the Aegon crew as well.

I enjoy most of the POVs, but the chapters I probably look forward to the most are Sansa's, Arya's, the Greyjoys (especially Theon), Cersei's, Brienne's, and Tyrion's (pre-ADwD, though I did enjoy the Aegon chapters a lot). Daenerys was my favorite POV character in AGoT, but it's been going downhill since then.

If I just stick to POVs, I like the Starks, so: Jon, Arya, and Bran at the top of the heap, joined by Sansa who's grown on me, plus Ned and Cat while they were still alive (despite Ned turning out to be a doofus).

But for sheer entertainment, no one beats Tyrion or Jaime. (Littlefinger is great for non-POV entertainment, except his creepy pervo moments. And Lord Manderly. Or Chef Manderly.)

Davos and Brienne have grown on me. But I think Davos does better on his own in ADWD, outside of Stannis' and Mel's shadows.

Cersei is a fascinating character study of downward spiraling narcissistic personality disorder and paranoia and gods knows what else. I've known people like this in real life, so I disagree with those who say it's unrealistic.

At the bottom of the heap, all of the Ironborn. Can't somebody just kill them all? Except Theon in ADWD. Difficult to read, but moving.

Archived