[Book Spoilers] Jojen and Meera Reed

I don't think Bran needs to meet them. In fact I am glad they aren't on the show.

I agree with you, I dont think they are really needed for the show, glad they are cut.

They may be included. They could be the ones to unbury Bran, Osha, and Rickon from the Winterfell crypts. Jojen could say the Three-Eyed-Crow led him to them.

They may be included. They could be the ones to unbury Bran, Osha, and Rickon from the Winterfell crypts. Jojen could say the Three-Eyed-Crow led him to them.

I would not even bet that the writers will include the story of them doubling back to hide in the crypt....just off to the wall

I do think the reeds are important........but this topic is two episodes late just like the reeds at this point

I'm about 99% sure that one or both of the Reeds will appear in Season 3, and that they were just cut from S2 to prevent unnecessary mid-season clutter to an already-packed character sheet. I wouldn't be too surprised if they're compressed down to just Meera (particularly since Bran seems to be having some Jojen-esque characteristics, and let's face it, child actors are difficult for a production, particularly one that will need to involve a lot of location shoots). I'd imagine that after escaping Winterfell, early S3 will involve the ragtag band of misfits settling down somewhere they deem as safe, and they will meet whatever Reeds exist for the show there.

Without someone, they either have to 1) not split up Bran and Rickon, or 2) Have Hodor/Bran and Rickon split up with only Osha to guide one but not both of them, which won't happen.

I'm guessing they will split up Bran and Rickon, just to get one child actor out of the series. They've been damn lucky to have so many talented young boys and girls make this series spectacular, and they should quit while they're ahead. Send him away.

*this is not a jab at Rickon's actor in particular (name eludes me), just the risk that comes with child actors in general.

Why is this question still asked. GRMM answered a fan's question at the book signing. He said the Reeds have been delayed and they will be in the TV SERIES. This is from the horse's mouth. Just like everyone thought ramsay was cut. Also we will have EDMURE TULLY. No confirmation on the Blackfish, but I have a feeling we will get the Blackfish also.

I would not even bet that the writers will include the story of them doubling back to hide in the crypt....just off to the wall

I do think the reeds are important........but this topic is two episodes late just like the reeds at this point

I can't imagine the writers will skip the fake hanging of Bran and Rickon. The Ned execution last season was considered amazing tv (killing off a main character). "Killing off" 2 kids would be amazing and create quite an uproar, then to have them emerge from the crypts as a last scene of this season would be amazing. This would then create even more tesion with the RW next season - was it real, or are they really dead?

I can't imagine the books without the Reeds, and I would love to see them on the show, but they can only not include them up to a point, say, the Wall. If they are not written into the show then basically they will be diverging in epic proportions from the book. Do Bran and Rickon split up then? Who goes with Bran on his journeys? Personally, I think that those who have never read the books will obviously not know the difference, it will just seem logical to them. One of the problems with the show (which I think is excellent) is that we cannot get inside the characters heads. In the books, Rhaegar casts a huge shadow even though he has been dead for years. In the tv show, how often is he even mentioned? Same goes for Arthur Dayne and others who were fighting during the Rebellion. No Blackfish or Edmure so far, but has the show really suffered because of their absence?

I can't imagine the writers will skip the fake hanging of Bran and Rickon. The Ned execution last season was considered amazing tv (killing off a main character). "Killing off" 2 kids would be amazing and create quite an uproar, then to have them emerge from the crypts as a last scene of this season would be amazing. This would then create even more tesion with the RW next season - was it real, or are they really dead?

If you studied one of the trailers there's a pretty blatant answer to one of your questions. I know someone made some stills from it at one point and it was unmistakeable.

I hope they will introduce a new character in the series that can replace both Jojen and Meera Reed, with Osha filling in the rest of the roles.

This way, it will be more efficient and easier for most people, and far more believable as well in my opinion.

^ If it makes for a better character why not do it. It seems like most people agree they weren't great characters, even if they liked them. So if you could make a conglomeration but one that is sort of more interesting and makes more sense in the context of the story why not do it. The essentials can be the same but the flavor different.

I disagree with the not great characters point so that's just a matter of personal opinion, Meera brings one of the stronger female roles in the books and it's cool to play with the gender reversal concept, something you don't see a lot of in ASOIAF, that the Reeds could bring.

it's cool to play with the gender reversal concept, something you don't see a lot of in ASOIAF

Has there ever been a book series with stronger female roles than ASOIAF? Not sure where we're not seeing gender reversal...GRRM has about as many powerful females packed in as he believably can before we would be in Wonder Woman Amazon territory.

If I lose one second of screentime for The Red Viper or Victarion for those two swamp brats, I'm blaming some people here :box:

You can blame us but only D&D are to blame for any cuts including beheadings

They cut vargo hoat and the bloody mummers so ....

As i have said in other threads they are not needed and am glad they were cut as with the whole doubling back to Winterfell. They should just leave and head north. Bran can have the dreams and Osha can interpret and speak in riddles. I did not care for the Reeds

Archived