Which character are you slightly ashamed to like?

Jamie Lannister

Ser Illyn Payne! Though I'm not exactly ashamed about it, I don't generally admit it.

But the guy is great. There is something intriguing about the guy who sees and hears everything but can't say a word. I'm really hoping the final POV is his. Think of how great it would be to be in the head of the man kings and lords have drunkenly spilled their secrets to knowing he could never tell a word?

And I know it's wrong to like him cause of the person he is but again I can't help it. And his scenes with Jamie were some of my favourites of the entire series.

I can't say that I "love" these characters because they're truly despicable but I am fascinated by them...

1. Cersei Lannister. Ruthless, cruel, petty, vindictive, her own worst enemy. Loved seeing the heated intrigues between her and Tyrion in ACOK. Loved seeing her epic meltdown in AFFC. Hated seeing her sexually humiliated by that pious twat, the High Sparrow, in ADWD and hope she gets her revenge against him and the Tyrells in TWoW. The Lioness of the Rock will rise again!

2. Roose Bolton. Cold, calculating, highly intelligent. Master of the game. Managed to do what hundreds of generations of Boltons before him couldn't do...bring down the Starks. He also verbally bitch slaps Ramsay which was very entertaining.

3. Euron Greyjoy. The only Greyjoy besides Theon in ADWD to actually interest me.

Not so much ashamed, but I do sometimes feel very concerned that I'm so fascinated by Ramsay. I spend way too much time contemplating his character. I wish we had a POV for him because I want to see inside his head. What makes a person like that tick? What makes him create the Reeks? I think I'm a little bit ashamed of the fan fiction type narrative that sometimes goes on inside my head when I'm examining the Ramsay character.

Not a character... But I'm totally ashamed to admit that I'm shipping LF and Sansa. I know it's so fucked up and perverse but I sort of love their scenes and the weird sexual undercurrent. And she's beddable and I mean LF isn't that much older than Tyrion. See. Totally ashamed. Trying to justify it to myself. So perverted. *shakes head*

I'm not at all ashamed about my liking any particular character but I do feel somewhat sheepish about disliking Bran. He's the only POV I do not enjoy and I realize that he is supposed to be one of the heroes of the story and someone I am intended to root for.

Irri and Jhiqui.

I think that they are totally fucking ridiculous, but it's really fun to imagine them doing shit. My favorite part was when Rhaegal snapped at Irri.

I'm really sad they're dead in the show. Now who's going to say, "It is known."?!

I am slightly ashamed to like Varys. The Spider has more nuts than most. Pun intended. He is always creeping in shadows and changing his face. I wonder if he worships the God of Many Faces???? Hmmm. I find him intriguing, even half the man he is. Grey Worm is another good one. (What is it about dudes with no slongs?) Something really testosterone filled and weird about a guy with no junk being a fierce warrior. I guess he has something to be angry about. :bang:

Ghost, I'm ashamed that I like the direwolf more than a good amount of characters.

Ghost is my 3rd favorite character after arya and bran. Summer is 4th. Jon and Tyrion tied for 5th. No shame in it. I worry about the plight of the dw more than almost anyone. When Jon got stabbed my second thought was oh no please tell me they aren't killing ghost right now too!

I'm not ashamed at all to like Randyl Tarly. But I am a bit ashamed that I completely get where he was comming from in regards to Sam. I would actually like to hear the story of Sam's childhood from an impartial third party, because I'm certain that Sam's version is subject to bias.

There's a fair amount of despicable characters that I like, but the only one I feel ashamed about is Viserys. I don't exactly know why I feel more ashamed about liking Viserys than about liking Tyrion or Jaime (well, it's probably because the latter have a ton of fans but the former doesn't). I just have a soft spot for shitty childhoods.

Theon.

I liked (and felt a bit ashamed for that) Theon even when he took Winterfell and "killed" Bran and Rickon. He's done horrible things (betrayed Robb etc..) but I just can't hate the guy, expecially now after what Ramsay has done to him.

Archived