Which character are you slightly ashamed to like?

Jamie Lannister

Roose Bolton and Randyll Tarly. I'm so impressed with their fathering skills :D

Roose did the better job. If my father ever told me "clean your room before you make me rue the day I raped your mother," I'd clean the fuck out of my room.

First and foremost Roose Bolton, next would be Theon and finally Jaime. They're all so very wrong in their own way, but I can't help but like them...they all have their own little piece of brilliance. I'll miss 'em when they're gone.

Ashamed isn't the right word, but here are characters who I love reading about who are less than savory individuals.

Roose Bolton- One cold, internalized son of a bitch. Literally every appearance he has is a page turner. Just an incredibly unique and intriguing character.

Walder Frey-This no good weasel of a man outlives pretty much everyone who has "slighted" him. Props for that.

Jorah-He has deep, tragic flaws that are fascinating for me. He is, along with Cat, what I consider the "realest" character.

The Mad King- Is it just me, or do you guys ITCH for more on this Neroesque sadist?? He is one of the elements that makes Robert's Rebellion so damn interesting.

Victarion and his volcano hand of falcon punching doom.

Euron because he is a pirate wizard king that likes to get naked and drink the shade.

:lol: That description actually makes me like Euron more.

Tywin, Varys, Littlefinger, Roose Bolton. They've all done despicable things but are oh-so entertaining to read.

There's an interesting distinction between characters who have done bad things that I'm not ashamed to like and characters that have done bad things that I feel a little guilty (maybe no so far as ashamed to like). I don't feel at all guilty about liking Jaime but a little guilty about liking Cercei and if I did like Ramsay (I don't), I would probably feel ashamed. But they've all done horrible stuff! It's weird.

This is a toughie for me because I don't honestly feel ashamed at the characters that I like but maybe the closest to fitting this is Theon but I think more because his chapters in ADWD were awesome. I still want to see that little shit get what he deserves for taking Winterfell from the Starks and I only feel a little bit bad for what is being done to him...but, argh, he's on his way to redemption like Jaime and Jaime is one of my top 5. If Theon dies, would I cry? More than likely especially if he does something heroic. Damn you GRRM for making characers complex like actual human beings! :cool4:

Archived