Fallen characters: appreciation thread

Welcome once again people to another of Jon’s QC’s little bit silly and funny appreciation thread!

This thread is dedicated to our favorite fallen (meaning dead) characters. We all at some point have express our admiration and love for a dead character of the GRRM's world. It doesn't matter is is from Egg and Dunk, ASOIAF of Westeros history. Just share your love for the glorious dead peoples!

Sir Arhtur “Sword of the Morning” Dayne-Do I have to explain myself? :drool:

Sir Gerold “White Bull” Hightower-Someone named White Bull deserve my respect

Ashara Dayne-hauting violet eyes

Brandon Stark-The rock star playboy with the wolf blood :drool:

Daeron the Young Dragon-A great Targ hero :fencing:

Elaena Targaryen-Loved her because she was so different,like a younger and older Queen of the Thorns.

Aemon the Dragonknight-A real knight. :fencing:

Aemon the Maester-Egg, I dreamed that I was old. :crying: :bawl:

Brynden Bloodraven-A crow with a thousand eyes and one

He may not be dead after all.

Tywin Lannister- A great player!

Aegon the Dragonbane-A broken man who saw a dragon eat his mother. Can it become worst?

Arthur Dayne defiantly: if Jamie says he could kill all five members of the KG at Kings Landing with one hand while taking a piss... that's beyond badass

Hey, Bloodraven still lives! And Ashara too may still be amongst the living.

But from dead

1, Any Stark.

2, The Old King - the best Targ king that ever lived

3, The Night King, I think he was just misunderstood, but we may be returning to the point 1 :)

4, Domeric Bolton - a decent Bolton, those are rare

5, Nymeria

6, Any king beyond the Wall

7, Rhaegar - charismatic, obsessed with prophecies, competent, dangerous in his determination to save the world

1. Lord Eddard Stark of Winterfell. Honorable. Kinda dumb, but absolutely admirable and honorable. Loves his wife, raises his children properly (Alright, he and Catelyn messed up Sansa). The only one who stood up against King Robert about killing children. Twice. Plus, he says awesome things. Yes, Lord Stark will always be my number one.

2. Rhaegar. A tragedy. He would've been a great King I dare say, but messed up when he thought that 'abducting' (from the viewpoints of outsiders) a highborn girl would be a great idea.

3. Oberyn Martell. Thought about revenge for fifteen years, finally gets his confession after a great fight, only to have his skull smashed in, by the one who killed Elia and her children, when he wasn't paying enough attention. The Martells need and deserve their revenge. For Elia and Oberyn.

1. Lord Eddard Stark of Winterfell. Honorable. Kinda dumb, but absolutely admirable and honorable. Loves his wife, raises his children properly (Alright, he and Catelyn messed up Sansa). The only one who stood up against King Robert about killing children. Twice. Plus, he says awesome things. Yes, Lord Stark will always be my number one.

2. Rhaegar. A tragedy. He would've been a great King I dare say, but messed up when he thought that 'abducting' (from the viewpoints of outsiders) a highborn girl would be a great idea.

3. Oberyn Martell. Thought about revenge for fifteen years, finally gets his confession after a great fight, only to have his skull smashed in, by the one who killed Elia and her children, when he wasn't paying enough attention. The Martells need and deserve their revenge. For Elia and Oberyn.

I forgot about Oberyn d@@n it :bang: !

1. Elia Martell: one of the most tragic figures in the books, imo. Her death was horrible, and just because Tywin didn't remembered she existed!

2. Oberyn Martell: One of my favorite characters. Larger than life, true to his passions/convictions and died trying to bring justice to his beloved sister and children deaths.

3. Ser Arthur Dayne: total badass, with a badass sword.

4. Lyanna Stark: Either kidnapped or running away with a forbidden man, Lyanna's story put in motion many of the things that define a ASoIaF

Edit: grammar

How could you? :frown5:

I forgot Elia. How could I. :frown5:

I have no clue and I remembered Aegon III.it's a mystery to me.

:idea: Ok we will make a deal I will not say that you forgot Elia to anyone and you will do the same for me about Oberyn. Deal?

Eddard Stark - best example of a guy not getting what he deserves. Killed because he

Robb Stark - heroic King In The North, honourable and brave man, like his father, true wolf-blooded northman, and military prodigy.

Jeor Mormont - many forget the Old Bear, but he was a good guy doing one of the hardest jobs in the realm. And for his trouble, he got served mutiny and murder.

Yoren - another of the NW who deserved a better end

Honourable mention: Grey Wind and Lady - RIP.

My list:

Eddard Stark - of course his death devastated me! Stupid JOFFREY!!!!!!! Why didn't you just listen to your freaking mother and let him take the Black?? Then Ned could've been on the Wall with not only Jon, but Arya and Gendry, too! Argh! Then Arya would've never gotten separated from everyone... :bang: Letting Ned be executed as one of the first bad decisions Joffrey made as king.

Robb + Grey Wind - oh, why? :( Their deaths were the most gruesome ... It was enough when one direwolf (Lady) had to die, but Grey Wind too? The pack is getting smaller.. :frown5:

Oberyn Martell - I had hoped he could've gotten the satisfaction he wanted in slaying the beast that killed his sister and children. Instead, the vengeance in his family continues to boil ...

5, Nymeria

But it wasn't Nymeria that died. Arya chased Nymeria off because she feared what the Queen was going to do to her after she bit Joffrey's arm. Since Nymeria was gone, Cersei chose Lady, Sansa's direwolf to suffice for paying for Joffrey's injury. Nymeria is the one they dub in later books as the "queen she-wolf" that prowls the Trident with her huge pack of wolves.

But it wasn't Nymeria that died. Arya chased Nymeria off because she feared what the Queen was going to do to her after she bit Joffrey's arm. Since Nymeria was gone, Cersei chose Lady, Sansa's direwolf to suffice for paying for Joffrey's injury. Nymeria is the one they dub in later books as the "queen she-wolf" that prowls the Trident with her huge pack of wolves.

I think that means Queen Nymeria.

Lord Tywin Lannister - the world is going to miss him.

Ser Kevan Lannister - he was innocent.

Davos's three eldest sons - to die so young :o and for Stannis... -.-'

Rhaegar Targaryen - who would have made a better king than Robert, Aerys and dunnowho all combined.

Rhaenys Targaryen - who was the cutest kid ever

Robb Stark - who could, at least for a little while, fuck Jaime Lannister in the arse.

Elia Martell - who was a sweet and good wife.

Aerys Targaryen II - someone HAD to fuck with Tywin.

Lord Beric Dondarrion - Robin Hood and sexy.

Donal Noye - A loyal badass whom the Wall will miss.

Dalla - who was a wise woman and a good wife.

Khal Drogo - who was a good husband and a great and creative warrior (who kills with molten gold?)

Joanna Lannister - if she lived, Jaime and Cersei would have never turned into twincest.

Maester Aemon Targaryen - because Daenerys would badly need guidance

Oberyn Martell - because he couldn't entirely avenge Elia and because he was hot

Syrio Forel - because he was a funny teacher

Yoren - honorable bastard

Lord Commander Mormont - who'll feed us CORN CORN CORN???

Archived