Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tysha Lannister

Anyone in North Carolina?

27 posts in this topic

I'd love to meet anyone around the Piedmont Triad, Triangle, or Charlotte areas. :cool4:

I'm in Columbia SC. GRRM will be guest of Honor at ConCarolina in Charlotte in 2014 (FYI)

Tysha,

I've had the pleasure of meeting GRRM a number of times. What I'd really like to do is organize a party for the BWB at ConCarolina. Perhaps we could talk GRRM into attending if he has time.

Tysha,

I've had the pleasure of meeting GRRM a number of times. What I'd really like to do is organize a party for the BWB at ConCarolina. Perhaps we could talk GRRM into attending if he has time.

Oh that would be fantastic, Scot. What do you think it would take to convince him?

Well, in the past he's been more than willing to attend improptue parties on very short notice. However, his time is much less free than it used to be. If we plan well in advance and let him know so long as it doesn't impinge upon his GoH duties he may be willing to attend.

RB...glad to meet you! Are you by any chance in the military?

Scot...start planning to invite GRRM!

I'm in Eastern NC. I was planning on attending CapClave in D.C. this October, but I'll be in Arizona attending my sister's wedding. Plus, I'll have a newborn who just may not be ready to wait in line for hours while his food source (i.e. mommy) waits to meet Mr. Martin!

In the meantime, I fully plan on attending ConCarolinas in 2014.

I live in High Point, and love meeting fellow ASOIAF devotees.

I did not know about GRRM at ConCarolina. Sounds like a must-attend. This will be my first convention!

I am a Charlotte resident nowadays, I definately plan on attending ConCarolina in 2014. I was going to propose a meeting spot on the BwB forum in Charlotte for one of the Con nights. I am thinking of proposing the meet up at a bar called Valhalla ( http://www.valhallapub.com/) , which is only a few blocks from the convention center. Its a viking themed pub in the historic lotta arcade area, but it seems like a pretty logical choice given the medieval/Greyjoy vibes. Does anyone else have any suggestions before I write up a proposal on the BwB forum?

Got a triangle fan here. I'm thinking of going to to ConCarolina in 2014 as well.

Oh cripes ConCarolina is the weekend after next! I've actually never been, and I'm not far from the University area where it will be taking place :) I will definitely be there. Is there usually a lot of cosplay? I don't have time to get anything together for myself but I love to film and photograph other people in costume.

That's cool, I was planning on checking out this year's one anyway because I live so close and I've never been :)

I live near Asheville in the western part of the state, maybe I'll go to ConCarolina in 2014 since GRRM is going to be there.

a charleston sc, rocksniffer might be able to make an appearance...and might be persueded to buy a round...cheers :cheers: