Who would you like to see as POV in a book about Robert's Rebellion?

Death By Fire

I would want primarily characters we have not had POVs for: Aerys Targaryen, Rhaegar Targaryen, Brandon Stark, Lyanna Stark, Robert Baratheon, Arthur Dayne, Tywin Lannister, Stannis Baratheon

If we had rehashed POVs?: Jaime Lannister, Ned Stark, Jon Connington

POV's i would like to see are Ned Stark, Rhaegar Targaryen, Jaime Lannister, Barristan Selmy, a young Arrianne Martell, Davos Seaworth, maybe Benjen Stark see his guilt, how he ran the North without anyone, Jon Connington, prologe of maybe a someone in Brandans party like Kyle Royce he dies but he would of known Ned and Robert been at harrenhall etc epilogue maybe maester Wyles before he dies and if he confirms the southern ambitions.

tried to use characters that are used in ASOIAF with a few new ones for different view points

Oberyn Martell- first on the pretty men and ladies and then REVENGE

Robert Baratheon- In his prime and bringing the FURY

Brandon Stark- Giving up his life and going after his pack like a BOSS

Lyanna Stark- All the questions! What happened in the Tower of the Joy? What were her feelings for Rhaeger pre and post her family's deaths, and the continued threat to her brother Ned? Did she have to be locked away in the Tower to keep from seeking her revenge or reuniting with her brother Ned even if she may or may not been pregnant? How much was she really like Arya (see above otherwise it was probably less likely than we have been led to believe)?

Jaime Lannister- The destruction of naviety and dreams. Plus Ned's haunting eyes in the throne chair scene.

Eddard Stark- Shy Ned forcing himself into a role he never thought to have and never wanted and convincing men he could do it.

Ashara Dayne- Tragedy surrounding her abound.

Tywin Lannister- Cause Aerys feared him before all else and kept his son close to him as a Kingsguard hostage.

Aerys Targaryen- Show me the inner workings of a mad man.

Viserys Targaryen- The kid who saw everything fall apart.

Catelyn Tully- Give me the maiden who married her betrothed's brother and the strangeness and sadness of the situation.

How about Viserys during his escape?

I think it would be nice to see him before he became mad and cruel, and also how he viewed his father.

Now that I think about it, Viserys kinda reminds me of Bran. He had to flee his home and travel far away with his younger sibling. He lost his father, mother, and eldest brother in a young age.

I'm seeing a lot of people put Catelyn in their lists, but I'm not sure how big of a role she played in RR. I got the impression her only involvement was her marriage(s) to the Starks, which has been pretty well documented already. Even in ASOIAF, she is mostly around to service Robb's storyline. Is there something I'm missing with her?

I'm seeing a lot of people put Catelyn in their lists, but I'm not sure how big of a role she played in RR. I got the impression her only involvement was her marriage(s) to the Starks, which has been pretty well documented already. Even in ASOIAF, she is mostly around to service Robb's storyline. Is there something I'm missing with her?

Honestly she does marry a Stark as her contribution to the overall plot and of course before that the issues with Petyr. Mostly I would want a bit of a prequel set shortly before Harrenhal and then ending with the shortly held aftermath of King Robert taking the throne and his wedding night with Cersei, Catelyn showing up with Robb to Winterfell for the first time where Jon already is, and the whispers of Kingslaying abound. So in that time frame Catelyn would have more to do especially through character reveal of those that were at Riverrun which isn't now colored by how she feels about them after all the time between when the action occurred and the setting of GOT (Jaime, Brandon, Petyr turning to Littlefinger, Lysa). Also the emotional aspect like Ashara Dayne, and to see pre Catelyn/Ned before they loved each other and it was duty driven and they were complete strangers to each other. I not saying I want a most of the chapters of the book to be Catelyn but a few to show character growth and the strength of her duty (so maybe 4 chapters).

Well we are already familiar with her, and we'd get to see her first impression of Ned, young Petyr and Lysa, Brandon, and Hoster's view on the war.

I hadn't thought of Viserys.

Viserys is a must...

Definitely, it would be great to see through his eyes when he is a 7-year old boy with no intention to ever be a king how everything falls apart.

Most of the other characters I want have been mentioned already - Rhaegar (especially the battle at the Trident), Elia (i think there is something more to her that will be revealed later,she's Oberyn's sister after all), Lyanna, Howland Reed, Ashara Dayne,maybe someone from the Kingsguard like Arthur Dayne or Gerold Hightower, someone who was at the TOJ. Even Aerys would be a great POV - it'll be interesting to see what is in a madman's mind. And I would like to read about Stannis and the siege of Storm's End while he is waiting for Ned to arrive.

Honestly she does marry a Stark as her contribution to the overall plot and of course before that the issues with Petyr. Mostly I would want a bit of a prequel set shortly before Harrenhal and then ending with the shortly held aftermath of King Robert taking the throne and his wedding night with Cersei, Catelyn showing up with Robb to Winterfell for the first time where Jon already is, and the whispers of Kingslaying abound. So in that time frame Catelyn would have more to do especially through character reveal of those that were at Riverrun which isn't now colored by how she feels about them after all the time between when the action occurred and the setting of GOT (Jaime, Brandon, Petyr turning to Littlefinger, Lysa). Also the emotional aspect like Ashara Dayne, and to see pre Catelyn/Ned before they loved each other and it was duty driven and they were complete strangers to each other. I not saying I want a most of the chapters of the book to be Catelyn but a few to show character growth and the strength of her duty (so maybe 4 chapters).

You've convinced me. Well played

I wish Robert's Rebellion will be told in a trilogy. The first book prior, the second when it begins, and the last part for the trident or maybe until how they smashed the Greyjoys.

Is Ned a nessecary POV? i mean Reed can tell what happen in tower of joy. him or Lyanna, or Dayne.

Cersei? Why?

And I think Rhaegar must be included. How a prince might think about hwo his father handle the realm. His sudden infatuation to Lyanna, and his last thoughts when Robert kill him druing the trident.

Archived