How does the Game end?

EdDaugstark

That is the question, isn't it?

I think everything revolving around the Iron Throne is just a diversion; what matters is what's happening in the North. It has to end with the Others being wiped out forever or there is no point to the story. Without the Others, it's just the War of the Roses with some barbarians and dragons and it could go on forever because monarchies and wars go on forever.

As to who gets what after that... I haven't decided who I think is left standing in the end yet.

Actually, i believe you mean: All hail His Grace King Dolorous Edd Tollett, King of the Andals, and The Rhoynar, and The First Men, Lord Of The Seven Kingdoms, Protector Of The Realm, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch and The Kingsguard, Archmaester of The Citadel, Wielder of Dawn and Ice and Lady Forlorn and Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail and Heartsbane and Blackfyre and Dark Sister and Brightroar and Red Rain and Nightfall, Warden of The North, Sough, East and West, Lord of Winterfell, Riverrun, The Eyrie, Casterly Rock, Highgarden, Pyke, Storm's End, Sunspear and Dragonstone, and The Free Cities, and Asshai and beyond, and Southros, and The Dothraki, and Valyria, and Slavers Bay, and The Free Folk, and Quarth. He who is Azor Ahai Reborn, The Prince That Was Promised, The Last Hero, All 3 Heads Of The Dragon, The Lord Of Light, The Great Other, The Old Gods (all of them), The Father, The Mother, The Warrior, The Crone, The Smith, The Maiden, The Stranger, The Drowned God, The Storm God, All the faces of the Many-Faced God, The Stallion Who Mounts The World, The Great Shepard, Yi Ti, The Gods of Old and new Ghis, King of the reunited kingdoms of Gondor And Arnor, King of Rohan, Mayor of The Shire, Lord Of Rivendell and Lothlorien and Mirkwood, King-under-the-Mountain, Wielder of The Flame Of The West, The Boy Who Lived, The Minister Of Magic, High King Of Skyrim and Emperor of Tamriel, High Master of The Jedi Council, Captain of The Flying Dutchman and The Black Pearl, High King of Narnia and all the associated lands, President of The United States Of America, Chairman of China, Prime Minister of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, President of The Russian Federation, Winner of 66 Nobel Prizes, 294 Academy Awards and 34883 Grammy Awards, and Supreme Leader of The Democratic Peoples Republic Of Korea.

Not even close.

All hail His Grace Radiance, Glamour, Magnificence and Bawssness King Pounce, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm, Warden of the North, Soush, East, West, Northeast, Northwest, Southeast and Southwest, Lord of Winterfell, Pyke, Casterly Rock, Sunspear, Highgarden, Storm's End, Riverrun and The Eyrie, Lord Reaper of Pyke, the Stark in Winterfell, Prince of Dorne, the Green Grace of Meereen, Butcher King of Astapor, the Stallion Who Mounts the World, Khal AND Khaleesi of the Great Khalasar, Rhaegar's Queen of Love and Beauty despite being a man, Sealord and First Sword of Braavos, all Three plus a bonus Fourth Heads of the Dragon, Father of Dragons, the Unburnt AND Unfrozen, Breaken of Chains, The Prince that was Promised, Azor Ahai Reborn AND Nissa Nissa at the same time, Champion of R'hollor AND The Great Other while being both of the himself, Champion of The Drowned God AND The Storm God while being both of them himself, Champion of the Father, The Mother, The Maiden, The Warrior, The Smith, The Crone and The Stranger, while being all of them himself as well, Champion of the Old Gods while being all of them too, a Faceless Man of the House of Black and White while being the Many-Faced God himself, The Kindly Man, an Undercover Rhaegar Targaryen, Syrio Forell, Ned Stark and Howland Reed, Bedder of Margaery Tyrell, Bloodraven, native of the Place where Whores Go, all seven members of the Kingsguard (all of them Lord Commander), Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, First Ranger, Steward and Builder, Commander of the Gold Cloaks, Lord of Harrenhal, Grand Maester of the Citadel, Weilder of Lightbringer, Dawn, Ice, Longclaw, Oathkeeper, Widow's Wail, Heartsbane and Caggo's Valyrian Arakh, first one to ever slap Joffrey in the face, the one whose member is bigger than Tormund Giantsbane AND Tormund Giantsbane's Member combined, the Boy who lived, the Girl on Fire, Shadeslayer, Bjartskular, The First Avenger, World's Greatest Detective, Green Lantern of Space Sector #1, Man of Steel, King of Atlantis, Son of Odin, Champion of Cyrodill, Dragonborn, Master of the Thieves' Guild, Listener for the Dark Brotherhood, Archmage of the College, Harbinger of the Companions, The Hound, The Mountain that Rides, The Goat, The Young Wolf, The Lightning Lord, NOT The Red Viper of Dorne (he let me keep that one), The Old Bear, The Knight of Flowers, The King Beyond the Wall, The Kingslayer, The Imp, Reek, Dogshead, Sevenskins, Verycoldhands, Slayer of Sam the Slayer, The Chosen One (of EVERYTHING), Jon Snow's parents, the man who made Stannis laugh, Knight of the Laughing Tree, master maker of Jojen-Paste, Winner of 50 Nobel Prizes of each category(seperately), 42 Oscars of each category, no Grammys or Emmys because he's too good for them, the Messiah and prime minister of Australia.

I really hope it ends like it started. The Game of Thrones never ends. I like such ends. These give us the feeling that the whole story was just a small part of a bigger thing.

Like Finnegan's Wake.

I agree. The Game never ends. There are simply new rounds, and new players.

Can it end With a barren dragon queen atop the throne with thousands of emigrants to house and feed once the world is burned by her children? Or perhaps With a black brother resurrected to be a chosen one fortold from prophecy and flame? Or perhaps With a broken boy rooting himself into the soil of Westeros to become its protector? Can it end with a naive maid of auburn hair learning to be the finest player? Or could it end with No-One finally becoming Arya Stark of Winterfell once again? Only one thing is certain by the end, Winter will be coming....

I bet you weren't expecting all this sarcasm. I'll play.

The novel ....

ends with a Stark in Winterfell.

ends with Jon Snow or Dany&Baratheon on the throne.

ends with Tyrion as HotK and Lord of Casterly Rock

ends with lots and lots of dead people.

Archived