What if Cersei loses her trial?

The Snowman

Not likely, with Strong as her champion. It's hard to see who could best him in a trail by combat- the Gravedigger maybe.

Although I wouldn't put it past the High Sparrow to try and sieze the throne and convert the Seven Kingdoms into a theocracy... probably he'll try it anyway, regardless of the outcome of Cersie's trial, now that he's got an army.

Not likely, with Strong as her champion. It's hard to see who could best him in a trail by combat- the Gravedigger maybe.

I agree, Cersei won't lose. In a lot of ways, the Walk of Shame + Varys' assassinating Kevan means she's already lost (Cersei may not have liked Kevan all that much, but he was something her family desperately needed).

Although I wouldn't put it past the High Sparrow to try and seize the throne and convert the Seven Kingdoms into a theocracy... probably he'll try it anyway, regardless of the outcome of Cersie's trial, now that he's got an army.

If an opportunity presents itself, sure. I don't think it's quite there yet - the Lannisters may be thoroughly on the back foot, but the Tyrells are pretty firmly in control of King's Landing, and for all his little Sparrows, the High Septon has absolutely no legitimate reason to seize the throne - even in the event Cersei loses, Tommen is still King, and if he were to be out of Cersei's control, the Tyrells would be all the more determined to maintain what would then be a stranglehold on the Iron Throne.

True, and also quite comical. Stannis has been fighting for the Throne for some time, and he always seems to lose. The Battle of the Blackwater was only one of his many failures. Whenever Stannis seizes power, he loses it. He has very few men when you look at it, and he's lost both Storm's End (To Aegon/YG) and Dragonstone. He now holds no seat, or land. He's been declared a traitor, and people do not hesitate to voice their hatred/lack of love for him.

I find it quite comical that after all the crap he's had to put up with, the Throne would finally be handed to him without any fuss.

True, and also quite comical. Stannis has been fighting for the Throne for some time, and he always seems to lose. The Battle of the Blackwater was only one of his many failures. Whenever Stannis seizes power, he loses it. He has very few men when you look at it, and he's lost both Storm's End (To Aegon/YG) and Dragonstone. He now holds no seat, or land. He's been declared a traitor, and people do not hesitate to voice their hatred/lack of love for him.

I find it quite comical that after all the crap he's had to put up with, the Throne would finally be handed to him without any fuss.

Yeah if by one battle comes the definition of 'always' :P

The Gravedigger/The Hound, Aero Hotah, Lyn Corbray and maybe The Greatjon would be the only people in Westeros left that are able to defeat UnGregor.... If the faith do win the trial, they may claim a Theocracy & seat Lancel on the throne. Mace & Randyll won't stand for that, and will beat down on The High Septon pretty rapidly, and probably Mace will claim the throne for himself or Margaery.

If she loses we'll be deprived of her magnificent brand of crazy and I'd miss her a lot.

I believe the high Seton will sit on the iron throne at some point soon

ohhh mann though talk about a king that you could hate even more than Joffrey

Daughters come before Uncles - Myrcella would come before Stannis

Myrcella could be dead by then but if not then Dorne would be in-control until she dies. Which would mean Stannis is the king.

Myrcella could be dead by then but if not then Dorne would be in-control until she dies. Which would mean Stannis is the king.

Stannis worships the Red God and that is a well known fact in Westeros. If the faith can remove Cersei and the Lannisters then he certainly won't be putting Stannis there in her place.

Stannis worships the Red God and that is a well known fact in Westeros. If the faith can remove Cersei and the Lannisters then he certainly won't be putting Stannis there in her place.

But because the Baratheons are on the throne Stannis would be the rightful king. Who would the HS make king? People would see that Stannis is now the king.

Mace Tyrell & Randyll Tarly arent just going to step aside and give the throne to Stannis..

By law though Stannis is the rightful king. Either they join him or become rebels again.

But because the Baratheons are on the throne Stannis would be the rightful king. Who would the HS make king? People would see that Stannis is now the king.

Stannis is not loved by many people, besides, he worships R'hllor. I doubt the High Septon would want him on the Throne. Maybe the HS will create a Great Council to rule, like when Maekar I Targaryen died. Or maybe the Faith will coose a new king.

Hmm, if Cersei loses?

I'd imagine the Faith will try to put someone most useful to the throne, one that they can manipulate their position with the 'power of the gods' much like our own history.

Seeing as the Tyrells are powerful themselves, but I don't see any descendants from the Targs, they could place them there by 'divine right'.

Archived