Any Victarion's fan here?

Jaime FTW

I'm tired of treads about the same characters. Jon, Tyrion, Dany.. They have a lot of attention from fanbase. That's why such a cool character as Vic is forgotten. And it's really sad.

Vic is my third fav character after Jaime and Davos. He is stupid, but he such a badass warrior. I really hope that he will get one of the dragons with his horn. That will be unexpected move from GRRM.

So do you like him? do you like House Greyjoy?

"Come!" he roared back. "Come kill me, if you can."

The psychopath who beat his own wife to death, murders women randomly as sacrifices etc?

And the worst is not that, but the fact that he's simply plain and boring. He's as dumb as Balon. Compare him to Jaime, who is a complex character, a great POV because he offers interesting insight. What does Vic think? "Me hates Euron. Me steals Euron pretty bride. Me gains cool new arm and dragons. Yay!"

He's like an ironborn version of Dany. I hope they get married and spend the rest of their POVs in Old Valyria running in circles trying to find a way out. This way I can just jump over their chapters.

Victarion is pretty awesome. Dumb as a rock, but still a freakin' force of natural. However, his bad-assery will not stop me from laughing when he falls off a dragon and drowns in his platemail in the middle of Slaver's Bay.

I'm ultimately meh about him. I'd take him over Dany simply because he's Ironborn, and I think it'd be hilarious to see an Ironborn try to keep control over the Lords of Westeros. They aren't of the correct mindset to properly manage it, so I can just see a "comedy of errs" coming out of an Ironborn Administration over Westeros.

I prefer Euron who is a much more fascinating character, but Vicky has his own quaint charm. I will always remember his first introduction when he lands on a ships deck... in full armour.

I prefer Euron who is a much more fascinating character, but Vicky has his own quaint charm. I will always remember his first introduction when he lands on a ships deck... in full armour.

Classic Vic.

As far as entertainment is concerned he is seconded to probably only big king rob.

Victarion should be a stand up comedian and regale the audience about anecdotes from his life. Too bad he'll be the only one not in on the comedy.

Idea: We can have an entire comedy tour with Vic, Stannis, and Dolorus Edd. We'd make millions...

I really don't see the appeal. Yeah he is a BAMF but he isn't that interesting and more often than not he isn't even the best character in his own POVs.

I like his chapters. Stuff actually happens.

He makes "hiding behind his red womans' skirts" Stannis look like a wimp, but I don't feel any love for him. I find reading Victarion hilarious/ridiculous in terms of barefaced awfulness when dealing with "the perfumed boys". He was actually happy to drown innocent slaves!!! I think the series will feel a lot better when cleansed of his presence, but not before he cleanses us of Meereen's presence, and the Yunkaii'. They can all go down to hell together.

That's not to say having him as a goddamn awful wreckingball in everyone's plans- Dany/Tyrion/Euron/Varys etc doesn;t have it's appeal. The thought that Varys has been planning something brilliantly his whole life just to see Victarion mess it all up through blind luck and brutality is utterly hilarious.

The psychopath who beat his own wife to death, murders women randomly as sacrifices etc?

And the worst is not that, but the fact that he's simply plain and boring. He's as dumb as Balon. Compare him to Jaime, who is a complex character, a great POV because he offers interesting insight. What does Vic think? "Me hates Euron. Me steals Euron pretty bride. Me gains cool new arm and dragons. Yay!"

He's like an ironborn version of Dany. I hope they get married and spend the rest of their POVs in Old Valyria running in circles trying to find a way out. This way I can just jump over their chapters.

lol

:agree:

Archived