5 most intelligent and stupid characters in asoiaf

space

Sorry. I meant the Red Keep. Syrio helped of course but she kept her shit together and evaded capture. Then she survived for a long time in Flea Bottom on her own despite being a rich kid who had never had to worry about basic survival before. She's got a ways to go yet, but she is a child still. I was going on potential and raw intelligence as well as previous actions.

Arya is certainly smart, very impressive considering her current age but I think her early intelligence came more as a survivalist. It's only in Braavos that she finally develops other ways of intellectuality besides survival. Of the Stark kids, I'd put Arya intelligence right after Bran's on top.

Maybe you should actually spell your word correctly as that would be Husn not Huson.

Being able to understand a map is part of a navigator's job, while mathematicians don't perform medicine.

Also, George has said he is Dumb as a Stump thus there is that.

that's how it's spelled on my map

and did vic have a map of essos

and ya he's dumb i'm just arguing for the sake of arguing (kinda bored sorry)

I'd call Ned naive before I'd call him dumb.

Without thinking too hard, and off the top of my head...

A few of the dumbest would have to be Viserys, Joffrey, and Cersei.

The smart ones are Varys, Mance, and in his own way, Davos.

The list of 5 is harder to make than I thought it would be-- a lot of characters are smart with a few dumb decisions (Tywin, with his mistreating of his children, mostly Tyrion, his entire life and not assuming that could backfire), or dumb with a few smart decisions (Robb Stark, gods rest his soul)

that's how it's spelled on my map

and did vic have a map of essos

and ya he's dumb i'm just arguing for the sake of arguing (kinda bored sorry)

Normally, it is considered smart navigating to have a map of the area you are sailing to in my opinion.

Normally, it is considered smart navigating to have a map of the area you are sailing to in my opinion.

well he was sailing to meereen then had to take this detour so he ought to have the maps to meereen not the dothraki sea

also the spelling is wrong wherever you got it from that's how it's spelled on the towns sign (i've been there on a visit )

Smartest:

Littlefinger

Tyrion

Tywin

Lord Varys

Melisandre(Yes, she's manipulative. But she knows what she's doing.)

Dumbest:

Daenerys(her downfall was trying to be the "liberator. Cute but tactless)

Cersei(her POVs have verified that)

Arianne Martell

Stannis(HAHAHAHA HE ACTUALLY THINKS HE WILL SIT THE RIGHTFUL THRONE

Catelyn(even though she died...i think she was incredibly smart in her decisions but her decisions depended too much on other people fulfilling their side of the bargain which...was dumb)

Smart:

Littlefinger

Doran

Varys

Tyrion

Davos

Dumb:

Cersei

Jaime

Dany

Darkstar

Gendry

Agree with all of this. I have to ask why Davos though? Hes a good man and all but do we have proof of his intelligence? He learned to read at his age which is impressive but other than that i cant see much else.

Please enlighten me.

Agree with all of this. I have to ask why Davos though? Hes a good man and all but do we have proof of his intelligence? He learned to read at his age which is impressive but other than that i cant see much else.

Please enlighten me.

Davos understood that sword isn't Lightbringer, he sensed Tyrion;s trap and even counseled Imry Florent caution. He proved himself quite capable and resourceful when needed.

Please enlighten me.

Being a smuggler takes brains and he was the best there was and he also gives Davos the best advice we have actually seen in the books,He's by far the best Hand to be seen in ASoIaF.

and also all of this.

Davos understood that sword isn't Lightbringer, he sensed Tyrion;s trap and even counseled Imry Florent caution. He proved himself quite capable and resourceful when needed.

Well, since I count the gathering of information as part of intelligence, there is only one logical answer and I'm astonished he has not been named once so far.

Most intelligent:

1. Bloodraven (he has an unlimited amount of information)

2. Varys

3. LF

4. Tywin

5. Doran

most stupid:

1. any Dothraki (ignorant savages... it is known)

2. Janos Slynt ("Edd. Fetch me a block.")

3. Grenn

4. Brienne

5. Dany

Why would having the most amount of information make you the most intelligent?

It's what you do with the information - any fool can gather data, but acting wisely on it is a different matter. The NSA probably has the biggest database in the world, does that make them intelligent?

Not saying Bloodraven is stupid, but if we want to measure intelligence, we have to study what the characters do with the information they have.

So I agree that Davos is pretty intelligent since he has never made a bad call.

And Victarion is not stupid because he doesn't know that the Dothraki Sea is not a sea. Ignorant, yes, stupid, no. This is not the same thing. Education is no substitute for intelligence, educated people can be stupid too!

Sensing Tyrions trap and cautioning Imry were both from being a military mind. Just because someone has talent for military duties doesnt mean their that intelligent.

No ones calling Ned, Bob, Robb, Stannis, or many other military minds as most intelligent. For Lightbringer im not so sure, how did Davos come to that conclusion that it wasnt real? Been months since my last re-read.

Let me also make this clear im not saying he isn't intelligent i just don't know if its enough to be in the top five most intelligent

Thing is, Vic isn't sailing to the Dothraki sea. For obvious reasons. Him having a map to the Slaver's bay is no assurance that that map also shows inland geography.

If you're saying most intelligent not smart than:

1- Tyrion

2- maester Aemon

3- LF

4- Tywin

5- Doran

Stupid

1- Sansa

2- Joffrey

3- Robert Baratheon

4- Jon Arryn

5- lysa fw tully

sansa is not stupid

she's extremely intelligent and will have the last laugh when she takes pedofinger out

Sensing Tyrions trap and cautioning Imry were both from being a military mind. Just because someone has talent for military duties doesnt mean their that intelligent.

No ones calling Ned, Bob, Robb, Stannis, or many other military minds as most intelligent. For Lightbringer im not so sure, how did Davos come to that conclusion that it wasnt real? Been months since my last re-read.

Let me also make this clear im not saying he isn't intelligent i just don't know if its enough to be in the top five most intelligent

My reasons were based more on his days a Smuggler and his counsel as Hand.

Archived