Of the 3 (or 4?) remaining Starks.... Who would you give Winterfell to?

Jose Stark

But we have seen what happened when Jaime was released. Only Karstarks abandoned him. He could have found the way out of it. And that's his excuse. Robb has no legitimate proof of what he says. I doubt anyone would leave him if he did it. He already established authority over Northern lords, and Riverlords didn't have much choice...

We agree... Hallelujah once more :)

And back to disagreement. Remember what Aemon said. Fire consumes, ice perserves. I doubt we'll see Jon being resurrected as Cat, especially with Mel's vision, and ravens in Theon's chapter in TWOW. So, I doubt we'll see some version of UnJon... And GRRM said that for those resurrected by R'hllor priests...

Now you go too far... I am talking about current situation. I doubt we'll see sons, grandons and others playing any Game. Story will end with this generation.

see i said why they stayed (because of the ton of victories that gave them confidence in him had he traded jamie it would've been before this ton)

anyway even if not all would leave a lot more will in this case and that is pretty much the same thing because he would loose too many men and have disputes to his rule when he goes back north (rivalries and bloodbaths have been started over way less)

and as for jon you repeated what i said that we won't see the story go that far so we agree on this i was just explaining where cat's thoughts where

If i could choose it would be Jon because he most likely is Robbs heir however im pretty sure Jons probably gonna leave Winterfell to fight the Others but before that hes gonna bring back Bran to be The Stark in Winterfell while feeding Jon iinformation from the godswood in Winterfell..

Bran has proven hes capable of lordly duties and thats at a young at that. I wouldnt mind him as my lord especially knowing he can get a one up on everyone else through the Weirwood net.

I also just really dont want one of my favorite characters to be stuck to a tree the rest of his life but GRRM just might do it, really hope not though.

She and Ned put Robb in a pretty terrible position. At the end of AGOT, basically she tells Robb sorry about the mess me and Ned put you in. However basically all you have to do is now go defeat Tywin and Jaime Lannister in battle. By the way they also outnumber your forces.

I won't argue that she and Ned made some stupid decisions in AGOT. But she didn't marry Jeyne Westerling, or send Theon to Pyke, or leave Edmure out of the plan, or force the Riverlands to join a new Northern "kingdom" - these are the things that doomed Robb. She was actually his best advisor

Well, he used Arya in negotiations with Freys, so he could have used her in different way, as Tywin said he could have done.

Not about loving or hating a character. It's about acknowledging what's written in the text.

And in the text she spends her time taking care of Robert while LT controls the vale..... Is LT teaching her yes.... Could she be a player in thh future yes..... But right now shes just a way to show what LF is doing

I won't argue that she and Ned made some stupid decisions in AGOT. But she didn't marry Jeyne Westerling, or send Theon to Pyke, or leave Edmure out of the plan, or force the Riverlands to join a new Northern "kingdom" - these are the things that doomed Robb. She was actually his best advisor

Robb doomed himself after he had got himself out of the mess they were in. However, this does not change that they left Robb in a huge hole, which he proceeded to dig himself out of. Once out of the hole he then jumped into another one.

Reading back on things, I don't think Catelyn was as wise as she likes to believe. She gave Robb a lot of good advise, but then a lot of bad advise too, handled the negotiations with Renly badly.

Cat had no hope with Renly or Stannis. What was she offering to Renly? Hey we're stealing more than half the kingdom and in return we give you... Nothing. Why would Renly even listen to her? It was Robb's mistake to accept the crown.

She does not start referring to him as your grace until she is desperate. Offends all of his major generals and generally looks down upon the camp. It's really only after Stannis scares her about coming after Robb that she decides to actually try and negotiate properly with Renly.

Well if I rule out Jon, for the sake of the discussion, I would prefer Sansa as the ruler (Lady) of Winterfell. And I wouldn't mind seeing her as the Queen in the North either, hoping she would do better then Robb.

Well if I rule out Jon, for the sake of the discussion, I would prefer Sansa as the ruler (Lady) of Winterfell. And I wouldn't mind seeing her as the Queen in the North either, hoping she would do better then Robb.

But Bran and Rickon are the next in the queue. Sansa would need a regent... for the rest of her life.

Line of succession is quite clear Bran > Rickon > Sansa > Arya > Jon (if he is a stark bastard and not dead). I would like Bran to be kitN/Lord because he is the most powerful man in westeros. But for some reason he is not available then Rickon will be lord of winterfel. Sansa and Jon can be his advisors since both of them have no claim to winterfell

Robb legitimized Jon and named him his heir. It's a done deal.

Jon in no way has to accept, especially if he is still part of the Night's Watch. It would actually be very fitting if he followed the precedent of one of his mentors, Aemon Targaryen, and refused a crown in favor of his younger brother (well, cousin, but I doubt he'll know that little fact at the time of the offer). That is of course assuming he knows either Bran or Rickon are still alive at the time.

As things stand right now I'd give Winterfell to Rickon, with a strong regent in place (Blackfish would be my choice, but should his duties to the NW truly come to an end Jon works as well).

I'd give it to Bran, but I truly think he's going to live out his life as a tree and is never coming back. So that's why I chose Rickon. Then Sansa, then Arya. Then Benjen if he is still alive and human (very unlikely at this point, I fear). Then Jon, as that would be his legal point in the succession as Lyanna's son. For the last two, I suppose if it came down to no child of Eddard being left alive that would be a dire enough circumstance to find a way to get one of them out of their NW vows to continue the Stark line.

Jon in no way has to accept, especially if he is still part of the Night's Watch. It would actually be very fitting if he followed the precedent of one of his mentors, Aemon Targaryen, and refused a crown in favor of his younger brother (well, cousin, but I doubt he'll know that little fact at the time of the offer). That is of course assuming he knows either Bran or Rickon are still alive at the time.

As things stand right now I'd give Winterfell to Rickon, with a strong regent in place (Blackfish would be my choice, but should his duties to the NW truly come to an end Jon works as well).

I'd give it to Bran, but I truly think he's going to live out his life as a tree and is never coming back. So that's why I chose Rickon. Then Sansa, then Arya. Then Benjen if he is still alive and human (very unlikely at this point, I fear). Then Jon, as that would be his legal point in the succession as Lyanna's son, and only if he owes no more duty to the Night's Watch.

Thing is we don't know in what condition NW will be after Jon's stabbing. I see it completely chaotic, as I also see Jon uniting Northerners, wildings and what's left of NW to fight the Others...

As it stands now, Rickon.

Jon is still just a Stark bastard in people's eyes (despite R+L=J), whatever Robb's will says. He's also a member of the NW, or dead. So he's right out.

Next is Bran, he's not going anywhere soon, as he's turning into a half-tree thingie. So he'd out too.

The only remaining male heir then is Rickon, who should go before any of the female claimants.

Archived