Of the 3 (or 4?) remaining Starks.... Who would you give Winterfell to?

Jose Stark

he would loose his bannermens respect and support (the greatjon defied him in his own hall about a minor issue "the vanguard" they would abandon him thinking he's weak trading the "kingslayer" for two girls to him those two girls are the world but to them they're just two girls )

and how do you think he will feel when tywin burns his uncles lands and kills him while he's hiding in the north

Trying to claim the Riverlands was always a mistake. There was no way he could defend it. Robb should have made a truce whilst he was on top.

He would lose respect depending on how it was done. An independent North along with his sisters back is more than enough to declare a victory.

Bran then Rickon then Sansa and then Arya. If Jon was legitimized you can put him in one place, but I don't know where (I guess that he would come after all non-natural children). You can't jump a child from the succession line (Lord Tarly had to threaten Samwell to go to the Wall)

I get that, and I know she does too, but he did leave his sister to the mercy of Lannisters, and the fact he was unable to see how she can be useful, was one of the most tragic mistakes he made...

Not anymore than she did. What was he supposed to do? Storm King's Landing?

I hear that Robb had this valuable hostage that he could have traded his sisters for but didn't.

She abandoned Robb??? He knew what he was supposed to do, and he didn't. I don't blame him, but it was a mistake

On the Robb and Sansa discussion, Catelyn was right as she so often is. Robb was fighting a war for vengeance, fighting for the dead rather than the living. It wasn't going to bring back Ned or Karstark's dead sons. He left Sansa to her fate.

Wow wow wow.... Im gonna stop this before it turns into ana rgument.... You like sansa and think shes going to a big player in the game .... Thats fine if it happens good for u..... Me mysef dont like her and i thought she is laaargely overrated by her fans specially in AFFC.... But this is not about if we like sansa or not.... The thread is about who gets Winterfell and the North.....it is Known

I really don't care whether you like her or not, doesn't impact me either way. But, you did interrupt a conversation to make negative comments on her character when there is textual evidence that show the opposite. Since this is a public discussion forum, I responded.

Trying to claim the Riverlands was always a mistake. There was no way he could defend it. Robb should have made a truce whilst he was on top.

He would lose respect depending on how it was done. An independent North along with his sisters back is more than enough to declare a victory.

he never tried to claim it they declared him their king what was he to do just say no then why would they fight for him ?

the lanisters wouldn't just quit

and loosing respect is bigger than you think it invites civil war

At the time Cat negotiated with Freys, yes. But, one of the first peace conditions Robb sent to Joffrey was that engagements would be broken, and if he did exchange Jaime for Sansa, he could have used her to negotiate with some other House...

if robb negotiated any marriage for Sansa what is to stop tywin from actually marring her off

the fact is that the moment robb did this tywin would marry her off because he can and robb can't

` She abandoned Ned. I will never forgive her (only half-joking).

Seriously though, Robb was in a tough position. And we don't know what he would have ultimately done with Jaime as he had two individuals obsessed with either killing Jaime or releasing him on his own recognizance.

Heck, at the rate he was going it looked like he was going to defeat the Lannisters and get his sister back.

he never tried to claim it they declared him their king what was he to do just say no then why would they fight for him ?

the lanisters wouldn't just quit

and loosing respect is bigger than you think it invites civil war

Yes he should have said no. I am sorry, but where does this notion come from if you are declared king you have to accept? It's not hard to say you will accept after the war is won. Taking the crown was just a bad political move. You delay your decision and the Riverlands will fight for him, because they need to. There is no way they could face the Lannisters by themselves.

Yes he should have said no. I am sorry, but where does this notion come from if you are declared king you have to accept? It's not hard to say you will accept after the war is won. Taking the crown was just a bad political move. You delay your decision and the Riverlands will fight for him, because they need to. There is no way they could face the Lannisters by themselves.

do you think this will work ?

not bloody likely

if robb negotiated any marriage for Sansa what is to stop tywin from actually marring her off

the fact is that the moment robb did this tywin would marry her off because he can and robb can't

Well, negotiations are not public. I mean, if Robb exchanged Jaime for Sansa at beginning, he could have used her. Remember, Tywin wasn't the first one to think of marrying Sansa, Tyrells did. So, Sansa could have been useful to Robb, if he gave Jaime for her. And he even admits that when it's too late, unfortunately...

do you think this will work ?

not bloody likely

Why not? It's not hard to say we will leave the celebrations and the crowning until after the war to keep your options open. Nor is it hard to make the war all about rescuing the Stark girls. What exactly are the Mountain clans marching to do now? Turn the war from rescuing Ned to saving his girls from the clutches of the Lannisters. That was basically the propaganda line Robert used and it worked a treat for him.

Why not? It's not hard to say we will leave the celebrations and the crowning until after the war to keep your options open. Nor is it hard to make the war all about rescuing the Stark girls. What exactly are the Mountain clans marching to do now? Turn the war from rescuing Ned to saving his girls from the clutches of the Lannisters. That was basically the propaganda line Robert used and it worked a treat for him.

it's not robb he's not the kind to use people and when he has what he wants just says ok now i'm going home and leaving you to your fate

it's not robb he's not the kind to use people and when he has what he wants just says ok now i'm going home and leaving you to your fate

Then he was going to lose the war. Thinking he could hold the Riverlands was stupid. How is he ever going to defend it? How often are his Northeners going to march south to defend the Riverlands? He should have at best tried to get them accepted back into the fold of the king.

Well, negotiations are not public. I mean, if Robb exchanged Jaime for Sansa at beginning, he could have used her. Remember, Tywin wasn't the first one to think of marrying Sansa, Tyrells did. So, Sansa could have been useful to Robb, if he gave Jaime for her. And he even admits that when it's too late, unfortunately...

i already argued that he couldn't have done it without some serious consequences

he would loose his bannermens respect and support (the greatjon defied him in his own hall about a minor issue "the vanguard" they would abandon him thinking he's weak trading the "kingslayer" for two girls to him those two girls are the world but to them they're just two girls )

and how do you think he will feel when tywin burns his uncles lands and kills him while he's hiding in the north

and it's hard to convince a house to join you without any guarantee but a deal that was made under the table and could be forgotten like it never happened

but i agree it's a shame robb couldn't do that i blame his bannermen

Then he was going to lose the war. Thinking he could hold the Riverlands was stupid. How is he ever going to defend it? How often are his Northeners going to march south to defend the Riverlands? He should have at best tried to get them accepted back into the fold of the king.

it was a bad situation i know but how do you suggest he gets them back into the fold they were already attacked by the fold before robb even marched and remember that it was Joff sitting the throne he would want blood (tywin might quell that but he might fail )

Archived