Of the 3 (or 4?) remaining Starks.... Who would you give Winterfell to?

Jose Stark

Howland is Chekhov's gun... He will be used when it's needed...

i know and understand the concept but that gun has been hanging on that wall for a long time

a little fun fact : Chekhov's gun was a rifle not a gun but it was dubbed a gun (sorry for wasting your time if you knew that)

Bran if he returns as he is the lawful ruler or if he stays beyond the wall then Rickon for the same reason. If Jon takes Winterfell from any of his siblings then I would lose respect for him.

I think Sansa should get it. Or Rickon with Sansa as regent.

This is why I grow to like you in such short time :)... Sansa will rebuild Winterfell, but I doubt she will rule it...

i know and understand the concept but that gun has been hanging on that wall for a long time

a little fun fact : Chekhov's gun was a rifle not a gun but it was dubbed a gun (sorry for wasting your time if you knew that)

Yes, that;s why once he makes appearence we will all read every written word, and creating wildest theories over everything he said :)

I didn't know that fact. Thanks for sharing. My teacher used nail and hanging analogy...

His will hasn't been ratified and its content isn't public knowledge the last i heard....

The will is with Howland Reed and there is probable doubt to believe that the word was spread around the North. See GNC - Great Northern Conspiracy.

Yes and on the public knowledge it seems Alysane has had contact with her mother Maege, who holds Robb's will, so Alysane may already know and others might as well.

Ummm no..... sansa was a nurse/nanny while LT was out being cunning......

You have missed great deal in which she demonstartes her intelligence, deduction skill and generally good leading capabilities... And while LF is openly cunning, there is a lot boiling in that girl. If I don't hate :F that much, I would pity him once she screws him royally...

Jon could never be lord of Winterfell, especially if he knows his brothers are alive. I think Sansa and Bran are both being groomed for lordship to some extent. Sansa is learning the game of thrones at the foot of a master, and Bran has access to the wisdom of the past lords of Winterfell. Rickon and Arya, on the other hand, are not. One is behaving like a wild animal (and is a small, emotional child), and the other is becoming a cold blooded killer. Not like I'm rooting against them, they just don't strike me as the lordly type.

Sansa should get it by birth and Jon through marriage. They would do a great job restoring it to what it used to be.

Rickon who?

Both Jon and Sansa could just be regents for Rickon, but saying that Sansa looks like Catelyn and Jon looks like Ned that would probably confuse the heck out of poor Rickon.

I think Sansa should get it. Or Rickon with Sansa as regent.

Pretty much this.

This is why I grow to like you in such short time :)... Sansa will rebuild Winterfell, but I doubt she will rule it...

Yeah, I'm an E-Ro fan.

Sansa should get it by birth and Jon through marriage. They would do a great job restoring it to what it used to be.

Rickon who?

I thought there was a chance I'd see you in this thread. :)

Ummm no..... sansa was a nurse/nanny while LT was out being cunning......

You must have missed her chapters in Feast. It happens sometimes, I know. You should check it out though, fourth book in the series. Good read!

` Bran deserves it as the rightful heir. He would have Jon as his regent and Rickon, when he's old enough, would be Bran's enforcer. And Rickon's children will inherit after Bran. If Bran doesn't return (I hope he does) then Rickon as the rightful heir. And Robb's will doesn't matter as it was written with the thought that his heirs were dead.

If we're talking about who would be best for the job then it would be Jon Snow. But not as lord or King in the North, but rather as a regent and mentor for Bran or Rickon.

Sansa comes in a distant fourth, especially since she's a Lannister and we can't have that.

Yes, that;s why once he makes appearence we will all read every written word, and creating wildest theories over everything he said :)

I didn't know that fact. Thanks for sharing. My teacher used nail and hanging analogy...

how much are you betting one theory would claim he's a secret Targeryan ?

I think Bran would make the best lord by far, so him, as I really liked what I saw from him in ACoK. However, he didn't seem quite as proficient in things militaristic, so I would appoint Jon as his general or whatever.

Sansa wouldn't be a bad option either, but she hasn't exactly been groomed for leading people like the boys have, so I'd be hesitant to go in that direction until she at least gets more experience.

His teacher is a secret Targaryen?

No, I doubt that people will go that crazy... On the other hand, I am always stunned by some craziness I read around here...

Robb legitimized Jon and named him his heir. It's a done deal.

Sansa was only disinherited because she's now a Lannister, but if the marriage is annulled, I think she could make a claim. That being said, I prefer Sansa as Lady Stark of Winterfell in her own right.

Archived