Is Daenerys going to keep her word regarding Mago and Jhaqo?

Le Dragone

I believe the theory that Khal Jhaqo will capture Dany and take her to VD to join the Dosh Khaleen before getting killed by Drogon, but we have this from Dany,

It was a cruel fate, yet not so cruel as Mago's will be. I promise you that, by the old gods and the new, by the lamb god and the horse god and every god that lives. I swear by the Mother of Mountains and the Womb of the World. Before I am done with them, Mago and Ko Jhaqo will plead for the mercy they showed Eroeh.

This implies that she wants to torture them, getting killed by Drogon is not worse than Eroeh's fate, and they won't have time to plead for mercy.

Does this mean that she's going to take them captive? And maybe force the rest of the Khalasar on them?

Getting killed by Drogon would be pretty quick.

If she took them prisoner, then I think she'd work out something quite imaginative for the two of them.

Yes, I'm hoping for something like this. What I don't get are the people saying she will forgive him and he will join her.

Does this mean that she's going to take them captive? And maybe force the rest of the Khalasar on them?

The vision of Dany in the House of the Undying at Vaes Dothrak makes me think (in the immediate future at least), it will be Dany being taken captive. How else/why would she be off to Vaes Dothrak otherwise? I don't think she'd go willingly, and if Drogon killed M and J en route, I doubt she'd want to continue the journey there off her own steam.

But if i had to guess, I'd say M and J might be dragon food at some stage.

I so do hope so, that's the "prophecy" that hit me the most while reading it (a little like watching the revenge scene in "Millenium": it's not "moral" what she does, you put yourself as being as bad as your rapist is blablablah yet I was clapping behind my computer); what they did to Eroeh was so horrible Dany better make them pay! (plus the wording was really efficient and powerful. A "beautiful curse" almost.)

How will she capture her? she is with Drogon. And Dothraki, as fearless as they are, are scared the **** of Drogon.

You dont see Dothraki trying to get the ultimate prey in the Dany chapter, they are just as scared as their horses.

How will she capture her? she is with Drogon. And Dothraki, as fearless as they are, are scared the **** of Drogon.

You dont see Dothraki trying to get the ultimate prey in the Dany chapter, they are just as scared as their horses.

She has very little control over Drogon. He goes where he wants to go.

Dany can be ruthless against her enemies but not cruel, she's not Gregor or Ramsay, so i think she was just angry when she said that.

She crucified 163 people. She ordered torture of two innocent females who might have been children.

Given that she still thinks about Eroeh, I have little doubt that she still wants to BBQ Mago and Jhaqo.

She crucified 163 people. She ordered torture of two innocent females who might have been children.

Given that she still thinks about Eroeh, I have little doubt that she still wants to BBQ Mago and Jhaqo.

She acknowledged that torturing was bad, and crucifixion at this time was a common death punishment like beheading or hanging, nothing cruel. On the other hand, Ramsay and Gregor did cruel things to their victims like forced them to eat human parts or chasing them just for fun and flayed them after that. Dany is nowhere near that type of cruelty.

She acknowledged that torturing was bad, and crucifixion at this time was a common death punishment like beheading or hanging, nothing cruel. On the other hand, Ramsay and Gregor did cruel things to their victims like forced them to eat human parts or chasing them just for fun and flayed them after that. Dany is nowhere near that type of cruelty.

I didn't say that Dany was like Ramsay or Gregor, just that I don't have much doubt she wants revenge on Mago and Jhaqo. I really don't think I'm being unreasonable here. She seems haunted by what happened to Eroeh.

And the notion that crucifying isn't cruel is absurd.

Archived