If it was up to you.... Who ends up on the Thone?

Jose Stark

Why is everyone so certain that there won't be an Iron Throne at the end?

Because split kingdoms are the actual "natural" order of things. Unification has lasted for 300 years but that's a blip in the grand scheme of things. When you have Dorne doing its own thing, the North and Riverlands and maybe the Vale looking to form a bloc of sorts, the Iron Islands making trouble for the Reach and Aegon and Dany likely fighting against each other, I'd be shocked if at the end of this, everyone just calmed down and went back to the political and social system that existed at the beginning of the story.

Not Dany, she hasn't done shit to earn the right to sit on it and her only other source of right, Targaryen succession line, was ended by Robert Baratheon. I say anybody, important or not, sits it before it gets destroyed somehow. She sucks at ruling, she has three huge dragons which nobody can control yet, etc etc. She has nobody in Westeros apart from Dorne who loves the Targaryens the way Northmen love the Starks, or the Vale the Arryns.

I actually rather have Stannis Baratheon realize, as the Others invasion gets intense, that he must fight them and hence he says fuck the Iron Throne. Still want him to attack King's Landing though, because there's nothing more badass than Stannis attacking a city.

Not Dany, she hasn't done shit to earn the right to sit on it and her only other source of right, Targaryen succession line, was ended by Robert Baratheon. I say anybody, important or not, sits it before it gets destroyed somehow. She sucks at ruling, she has three huge dragons which nobody can control yet, etc etc. She has nobody in Westeros apart from Dorne who loves the Targaryens the way Northmen love the Starks, or the Vale the Arryns.

I actually rather have Stannis Baratheon realize, as the Others invasion gets intense, that he must fight them and hence he says fuck the Iron Throne. Still want him to attack King's Landing though, because there's nothing more badass than Stannis attacking a city.

What do you mean she hasnt done anything to earn it? Name a claimant who earned the throne, the closest would be Stannis for his helping the Nights Watch but other than that none of them hae done anything to earn it.

Oh yeah rememer when Aegon the Conquerer first landed? He didnt have any backing in the Seven Kingdoms but you know what he did have that changes the game entirely that Dany also has? Dragons, man, Dragons.

Once she lands with her dragons people from all over the Seven Kingdoms will bow to her. You dont need love to take a kingdom, all you need is power and fear. Now Dany will need to make the people love her if she wants to keep the throne and i think this is where she will fall most likely or go through another rebirth.

What do you mean she hasnt done anything to earn it? Name a claimant who earned the throne, the closest would be Stannis for his helping the Nights Watch but other than that none of them hae done anything to earn it.

Oh yeah rememer when Aegon the Conquerer first landed? He didnt have any backing in the Seven Kingdoms but you know what he did have that changes the game entirely that Dany also has? Dragons, man, Dragons.

Once she lands with her dragons people from all over the Seven Kingdoms will bow to her. You dont need love to take a kingdom, all you need is power and fear. Now Dany will need to make the people love her if she wants to keep the throne and i think this is where she will fall most likely or go through another rebirth.

She doesn't know shit about Westeros, is too ignorant and stubborn to learn (recall her convo with Barristan) and her coming would pretty much bring only sure death for the smallfolk, worse than any other King would bring them.

She hasn't even been to Westeros, she still thinks its people all want her back. She is naive, narrow minded and an incompetent ruler who cannot handle the treachery of court politics (she couldn't tell Hizdahr and the Green Grace were both shady characters, like really Dany?). But again, she hasn't freakin been to Westeros. Her family consisted of a nutcase brother (who I feel for), a nutcase crazy father who was rightfully rebelled against and a romanticized brother who tossed the realm into war by creating inter House tensions just by doing something as reckless as eloping, and why? Prophecy!

So she can't say its in her genes to rule well :P She hasnt helped the Westerosi in any way whatsoever. And LOL bro Aegon's dragons were under his control, Dany can't control hers at all. And she isn't any Aegon.

And having dragons gives you right? The heck? It doesn't, it just gives you strength. And since I am indeed talking about rights this little bit of info doesn't mean anything.

She doesn't know shit about Westeros, is too ignorant and stubborn to learn (recall her convo with Barristan) and her coming would pretty much bring only sure death for the smallfolk, worse than any other King would bring them.

She hasn't even been to Westeros, she still thinks its people all want her back. She is naive, narrow minded and an incompetent ruler who cannot handle the treachery of court politics (she couldn't tell Hizdahr and the Green Grace were both shady characters, like really Dany?). But again, she hasn't freakin been to Westeros. Her family consisted of a nutcase brother (who I feel for), a nutcase crazy father who was rightfully rebelled against and a romanticized brother who tossed the realm into war by creating inter House tensions just by doing something as reckless as eloping, and why? Prophecy!

So she can't say its in her genes to rule well :P She hasnt helped the Westerosi in any way whatsoever. And LOL bro Aegon's dragons were under his control, Dany can't control hers at all. And she isn't any Aegon.

And having dragons gives you right? The heck? It doesn't, it just gives you strength. And since I am indeed talking about rights this little bit of info doesn't mean anything.

Im not defending her as a ruler, i agree at the moment she has not been a good ruler but shes still young and learning. She may grow into the ruler we all thought she would be before Meeren.

Also because you brought up rights. The only RIGHT to the throne is Conquest IMO, Aegon set that precedent. So if Dany does take the throne it is hers by right. Those dragons most likely are going to be in control by the end of Winds. Power is right in the ASOIAF.

Im not defending her as a ruler, i agree at the moment she has not been a good ruler but shes still young and learning. She may grow into the ruler we all thought she would be before Meeren.

Also because you brought up rights. The only RIGHT to the throne is Conquest IMO, Aegon set that precedent. So if Dany does take the throne it is hers by right. Those dragons most likely are going to be in control by the end of Winds. Power is right in the ASOIAF.

Aegon took the Throne by force, then his family lost it by force as well. Over and done with, move on.

'She's still young' oh dear, that horrible logic rears its ugly head again :P Dude, her youth is certainly a legit excuse for her sucking at ruling. It is, I know that. But it doesn't change the fact she does suck. I once gave an example to prove that this logic is not right. What if I ask my friend to let my 6 year old son drive his car (the son symbolizes Dany and the car symbolizes rule of Westeros) and my friend says wtf no he'll crash it and I say but he's just a kid you can't expect him not to make mistakes!

Get it now? I'm not blaming her for sucking, but she sucks.

With a King by her side or is she ruling on her own? Dany atm isnt the best candidate for rule IMO but i think shes blossoming into it. Winds of Winter will shape her into the queen we all thought she would be before Meeren.

Not sure who her king would be if she does get the throne. I believe she will go up against Aegon, so he's out. I don't see Victarion or Euron as likely husbands, but you never know. Maybe after Myrcella dies, she can become betrothed to Trystane, to mend relations with Dorne

Aegon took the Throne by force, then his family lost it by force as well. Over and done with, move on.

Not over and done. There is still a Targaryen heir in play. Why would she quit now. Did Stannis quit just because the Lannisters/Tyrells defeated him at Blackwater? As long as people with royal bloodlines are alive, nothing is settled.

@Toxspecific

So by your logic just because the Targs lost the Iron Throne by right of conquest that means right of conquest is over and done with? Thats freaking preposterous! If Dany takes the throne it would be by Conquest and through that it would be hers by RIGHT.

Ummm i got it from the begining that she sucks no need to repeat yourself and i already said she sucks. However her being young is a legitimate excuse because she can still progress as a ruler. Atm she hasnt impressed me much since she got to Meeren. However i believe she will develop an advance into a better ruler through Winds.

Stannis I guess he is the rightful heir even if he is a tool would love to see one of the Basdards take it be it Gendry (with a reforge Ice would be pimp) or Edric as long a Dany LF or A Laninister is not on the throne I am good

Hate the targs I am blood of the Dragon my throne was stole from me last I check Aegon took the throne by force so did Robert so Screw the Targs

Archived