A question about Brandon Stark

hardhome

I noticed something strange.

According to Lady Dustin Brandon said he loved her and didn't want to marry Catlyn.

According to Catlyn she and Brandon were in love with each other.

Brandon may have been playing both girls admittedly but someone was lying.

Lady Dustin had no reason lie (that we know of) and her speech would seem a waste of valuable page space if it were irrelevant.

But this does not compute, if Brandon really did want Dustin he had a way to keep her. When LF challenged him for Catlyn he could have lost on purpose unless Baelish was complete shit with a sword he might have made it convincing, and LF would be unlikely to kill him. So why didn't he? This puzzles me.

Yeah, I think Brandon was pleased with the match with Cat for both position and because Cat was a catch, but he was definitely a player. And he would have told Lady Dustin what he needed to get what he wanted. In fact her memory may have increased what was 'promised or said'--it's not like he's around to refute it and it's possible her pre-marriage deflowering caused her some grief--better to increase the benefit of having done that in her memory than think it was just her stupid giving in...

She seemed to indicate that her Father, the current Lord Ryswell, was ambitious and wanted her to seduce one of the Stark boys. Preferably Brandon if not Benjen or Eddard. She was doing her duty by having an affair with him. Who knows what he thought, he probaly did prefer Lady Dustion til he met Cat. Cat seemed to be considered an interesting woman/girl even Jaimie admits that when reminiscing so maybe Cat won him over. He could have killed Petyr in their duel if he wanted to aleinate her and maybe break up the marriage.

But this does not compute, if Brandon really did want Dustin he had a way to keep her. When LF challenged him for Catlyn he could have lost on purpose unless Baelish was complete shit with a sword he might have made it convincing, and LF would be unlikely to kill him. So why didn't he? This puzzles me.

First, losing to LF was just make him look like a weak putz as he would be finding himself defeated by a boy who was considerably younger then him(not to mention small for his age).

Secondly, even if LF magically won Hoster still wouldn't have broken the betrothal between Catelyn and Brandon.

Brandon has bastards this is confirmed by GRRM himself.He was like Robert but I am sure he wouldn't have acted like Robert after he was married because doing so would have stained the honor of their house.Brandon was charming he was the first son he was a catch.Think him like Theon.

Brandon has bastards this is confirmed by GRRM himself.He was like Robert but I am sure he wouldn't have acted like Robert after he was married because doing so would have stained the honor of their house.Brandon was charming he was the first son he was a catch.Think him like Theon.

wait, what? Where was this confirmation? There's a SECRET STARK!!! Ok everyone, let's start figuring out who it is!

No there is a snow not a Stark.And GRRM probably won't even introduce Brandons bastards into the story.And think those bastards as Roberts bastards they are born to lowborn mothers and probably after Brandons death noone had any idea who they were.If Ned knew he would have taken care of them.

wait, what? Where was this confirmation? There's a SECRET STARK!!! Ok everyone, let's start figuring out who it is!

In A Dance with Dragons, we learn more about Brandon Stark and his interest in women, similar to Robert's. Did Brandon have any bastards as well?

It'd be an exaggeration to say that Brandon died before he could have children. It's established in the books that he was no virgin. He could very well have left behind some little Snows in the various places he visited. But what's absolutely clear is that he had no legitimate children.

SSM Here

About halfway down

*Sorry no new Starks

Well, if R+L=J is true, Jon is still a Snow, but people call him both Stark and Targ.

Also, if Aerys is any of the Lannister's father they are also not Targs, but badtards, yet people label them Targs.

Brandon's bastards are Starks because they contain Stark blood.

And I want to know who they are!!!

As a little something, there may be a hint about Benjen having bastards. When Jon told him that he wanted to join the Night's Watch, Benjen refused, one of his arguments being that they didn't have neither wives or childrens. And when Jon said he didn't care, Benjen gave excesive detail on how it felt to hold your son. Or something like that, I haven't re read GoT in a while.

There is a theory that Allyria Dayne is actually that supposedly stillborn child of Ashara's, by Brandon, and passed away as Ashara's sister. - Based on the estimate that if she is only betrothed to Berric Dondarrion, she must be quite young.

It's an age old story: Guy lies to girl in order to bang her; guy then leaves girl for other girl he wanted all along; before guy can marry girl he wanted all along his sister runs off with dreamy prince causing guy to go to Court and threaten to kill said prince; guy is then arrested by batshit crazy king for threatening to murder dreamy prince; batshit crazy king then orders guy's father to Court to answer for his son; batshit crazy king then executes guy and his father in brutally sadistic fashion.

Girl guy lied to carries torch/grudge against guy and his family for the rest of her life.

Like I said, it's an age old story . . .

Archived