Roose Bolten a Vampire?

Tyler Stark

Exactly. Myths evolve: Cinderella had fur slippers originally, but that doesn't make the glass slippers version the lesser one - it's just another alternative.

Good example. It was a mistranslation. After all, who would wear glass? :P

• 3 weeks later...

The Lord of the Dreadfort did not have a strong likeness to his bastard son. His face was clean-shaved , smooth-skinned, ordinary, not handsome but not quite plain . Though Roose had been in battles, he bore no scars. Though well past forty, he was as yet unwrinkled, with scarce a line to tell of the passage of time. His lips were so thin that when he pressed them together they seemed to vanish altogether. There was an agelessness about him, a stillness; on Roose Bolton’s face, rage and joy looked much the same. All he and Ramsay had in common were their eyes. His eyes are ice. Reek wondered if Roose Bolton ever cried. If so, do the tears feel cold upon his cheeks?

A quote from the book.

Roose Bolton as a vampire seems a little far fetched, especially when he is eating food at Winterfell while being acutely concerned about poisons. He has two known offspring and a third on the way with the previous two mothers surviving the childbirth (most dhampir mothers do not). Bolton might be using creams or paints to make himself look older, he also has fought in battles but how often is he really in the thick of the fighting? I think the man is a sociopath with a serious cruel streak who probably has either some practice in darker mystic arts or maybe is part Other somehow but probably not a vampire.

He isn't a literal vampire, but I think you can make the case that symbolically, he's meant to represent something like a vampire. It's pretty obvious actually. He's the closest thing we have in this series to pure evil, I believe.

I somehow crackpot out that there is only one Bolton.
When his body is getting older, he takes a child of his, he skins him out and takes his face, as the Faceless Men do, as the Boltons of old did with Starks to "wear the skin of the wolf".
Wouldn't it be scary if that was like that?

Actually I think Roose would be less hard as a figure, if he is an unhuman creature. The cold betrayal of a vassal is less scary if he is some kind of "monster". It is far more terrible if he is a man, somebody who could have been a rational, self preserving neighbour of yours....

I somehow crackpot out that there is only one Bolton.

When his body is getting older, he takes a child of his, he skins him out and takes his face, as the Faceless Men do, as the Boltons of old did with Starks to "wear the skin of the wolf".

Wouldn't it be scary if that was like that?

Actually I think Roose would be less hard as a figure, if he is an unhuman creature. The cold betrayal of a vassal is less scary if he is some kind of "monster". It is far more terrible if he is a man, somebody who could have been a rational, self preserving neighbour of yours....

I found his betrayal and the way he used to be very logical.

But there is also a theory like yours about Bolton being able to take over his sons bodies.

-Cold blue eyes, white skins, Leeching the bad blood--> Using some wight/CH magic-like power on his own body?

-A flayed man sigil: could their skin be of none importance for the bolton? as in swaping body to outlive your body

-Roose keep Ramsay alive even though he knows his bastard will probably destroy his house. (right now he is his only vessel :)

-Icy eyes (reek's description of roose)

-Ramsay already used the swap body trick (Reek-Ramsay)and his wife Jeyne Poole pretending to be Arya, Maybe forshadowing a Ramsay-Roose swaping

-0 mention of Roose's ancestries

-We almost know that spirits can live outside ones body for some time at least (Ned in the crypt)

crackpot but funny

Archived