Viserys

CassBlackfyre

I understand that all of that is a contributing factor to the man he has turned out to be. But there is more to it than that. He clearly has the madness in him that Aerys, and many before him had. He's more than just sour and slighted. He is vindictive and cruel.

Yeah I agree that he is a cruel man, but as I mentioned earlier in another post, Aerys was actually decent guy with a hot temper before Duskendale. Clearly there is parallel between him and Vissie T, as both of them seem to gain madness from suffering, which I think must be a trait. Again I am not defending his disgusting behaviour towards his sister. I just don't think it is fair to compare them two. IMHO Viserys would have probably turned out to be an okay dude if Elia and Rhaella had survived had managed to join both Vissie and Dany in exile.

I don't feel anything rather than disgust for Viserys. I don't care how much in pain you are you don't sexualt assault your sister and then threaten her that you will have 40000 men and horses rape her. You simply don't.

like i said i cant justify his violence towards Dany, especially not sexual violence, i said so in my OP, but it doesn't stop me pitying Viserys and his life

Harry Lloyd was amazing as Viserys. I almost wish he'd played another character, so he could stay around longer.

I'd heard that he auditioned for Jon Snow, can you imagine? It would definitely have made JS Hotter, but i dont think he could pull of the "gormless stare into nowhere" in the same Kit harrington can

I'd heard that he auditioned for Jon Snow, can you imagine? It would definitely have made JS Hotter, but i dont think he could pull of the "gormless stare into nowhere" in the same Kit harrington can

Damn, I've never heard that. I think Lloyd is a way better actor than Harrington.

like i said i cant justify his violence towards Dany, especially not sexual violence, i said so in my OP, but it doesn't stop me pitying Viserys and his life

I am sorry but I can't pity him. Yes he sold his mother crown but they were guests mostly guests to rich houses and that's it. They were never hunted down, like he claimed.

I am sorry but I can't pity him. Yes he sold his mother crown but they were guests mostly guests to rich houses and that's it. They were never hunted down, like he claimed.

unwelcomed guests, otherwise he wouldn't have been forced to sell the crown

If they were unwelcomed they wouldn't been guests would they? I mean, if you don't want to have someone to your house, meaning that he is unwelcomed, then why to take him at all?

In Islam, if your arch nemesis is a guest at your home, you still have to treat them with total respect, feed and water and provide them shelter. (source ; my friend who did 3 tours in Afghanistan)

In Islam, if your arch nemesis is a guest at your home, you still have to treat them with total respect, feed and water and provide them shelter. (source ; my friend who did 3 tours in Afghanistan)

My question is, how someone can be a guest when you haven't invited him?

Do we know that they were never hunted down? I'm not convinced that Robert was hunting them but I can see Varys deliberately setting them up to feel like they were being hunted by assassins so that they could never settle down. There was always a risk that if Viserys and Dany could make a good, happy life for themselves in Essos they may never try to return to Westeros. Dany especially would have been susceptible to this because she does not remember Westeros (her happiest memories were of Braavos and the house with the red door; we never hear her think back about her week or so spent in Dragonstone).

Making them think that Robert was relentlessly hunting them down and trying to kill them probably helped keep them focused because they would believe that the only way they could be safe is if Robert was overthrown.

I don't have any real proof for this but it does feel like something Varys or Illyrio might do.

Archived