Children of the Forest Appreciation?

WTFSalami

Of all the theories put forth by the internet, "Jojen paste" is one of the dumber ones I've ever read.

Even if they didn't kill him, they have yet to be exceptionally useful to the world at large. They saved Bran so they rank a bit higher than Doran Martel who never does anything, but when is that going to pay off beyond him sitting in a tree and watching through weirwoods?

Of all the theories put forth by the internet, "Jojen paste" is one of the dumber ones I've ever read.

Just because you don't agree with it, that doesn't mean its dumb.

I am a supporter of that theory and I don't think its dumb I see it very possible due to the price of magic in this series

I don't know the aim of the CotF, the usual notion is that they are just trying to help fight the others which I agree is plausible.

However there are some interesting ones that they could be against mankind, since mankind didn't stay true to the pact.

Just because you don't agree with it, that doesn't mean its dumb.

I am a supporter of that theory and I don't think its dumb I see it very possible due to the price of magic in this series

Yeah, I agree.

In ASoIaF, magic always comes at a cost. In the context of that universe, it's very unlikely that you can just eat some magic woodpaste in order to awaken your greenseer abilities...

Besides that, there's a big amount of foreshadowing for Jojen being sacrificed. I really hope that we'll get TWoW soon, so that all those people who just dismiss this theory as stupid can eat their words...

I'm not saying that you have to believe in it, but out of all the unconfirmed theories out there, this one is one of the more solid ones with more-than-average textual support.

I loved the CotF. First off, I love all the chapters north of the Wall. I read these more for the fantasy aspects than the politics and the early history of Westeros, specifically the colonization by the First Men, the Long Night and the War for the Dawn fascinate me.

Bran's interactions with Leaf made me see things in a new way. I had always imagined the invasion of the First Men as the beginning of a story, but Leaf made me realize that it was also the ending of another story. And yes I'm aware of how obvious that is. But the conversations with her broadened the epicness of the series for me in a way that I cannot verbalize.

Yeah, I agree.

In ASoIaF, magic always comes at a cost. In the context of that universe, it's very unlikely that you can just eat some magic woodpaste in order to awaken your greenseer abilities...

Besides that, there's a big amount of foreshadowing for Jojen being sacrificed. I really hope that we'll get TWoW soon, so that all those people who just dismiss this theory as stupid can eat their words...

I'm not saying that you have to believe in it, but out of all the unconfirmed theories out there, this one is one of the more solid ones with more-than-average textual support.

:agree:

Yeah, I agree.

I don't consider 'Jojen doesn't appear for the 1/4 chapter after Bran eats it!!' As text evidence...

I don't consider 'Jojen doesn't appear for the 1/4 chapter after Bran eats it!!' As text evidence...

There is more than that.

After Bran's vision he said he tasted blood in his mouth.

When he initially saw it he said it looks like blood.

Plot wise it makes sense for a sacrifice needed to awaken his powers rather than weirwood paste that anyone can pick up and eat.

All the magical events that have been performed in the story have had a price paid, it makes a lot of sense for Jojen to be sacrificed in addition to his death he has been expecting.

There's also the point that Jojen is a bit more morose than usual, staring out into the forest and faily withdrawn. He knows when his death is to happen, so maybe he knows it's right at that point? Meera is also upset, too. Maybe she knows due to Jojen telling her or suspects that Jojen knows he's to die very soon due to the way he's acting?

I'm not saying that I believe it's what happened, for I'm uncertain, but I would hardly dismiss the theory as being stupid. It does sort of fit quite nicely, even if it might turn out to not be the case. A theory might turn out to be wrong, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't credible at the time. This one is fairly credible, in my opinion.

As for the Children/Singers, I'm quite intrigued about them, but they haven't done too much for me to appreciate them that much. If the theory mentioned above is true, then it does sort of muddy the waters a bit... or bloody them.

Archived