Why don't Kingsguard have to wear chastity belts ?

Gneisenau

Castration can lead to complications including death by infection. Not something you wanna do to the greatest and most loyal knights in the realm. I think the bigger issue is prohibiting them from having a woman (or man i guess) or child that could compromise their emotion or ability to do their job. Similar to the Night's Watch, some of them screw around but emotional attachments are the dangerous part.

A vow isn't worth much if you physically are incapable of breaking it. It'd be like a mute swearing never to tell a secret. Not really worth all that much, since he can't!

In order to demonstrate their devotion to the King, they are supposed to be abstinent. If they're eunuchs, they pretty much have to be, so why make the vow at all ?

Before Robert's Rebellion, the KG were reputed to be shining bastions of righteousness, so no chastity belt needed.

If it was ever brought up after Robert took over, I'm pretty sure the conversation would have gone something like this:

Ser Random Dude: We should totally make the Kingsguard wear chastity belts!

Cersei: No.

Before Robert's Rebellion, the KG were reputed to be shining bastions of righteousness, so no chastity belt needed.

If it was ever brought up after Robert took over, I'm pretty sure the conversation would have gone something like this:

I dunno, Cersei might like it if she got to hold the keys...

The current crop of KG is hardly a shining example of knightliness. Though it would be interesting to know if the current knights are uncommonly corrupt or if previous squads were overly lionized and their misdeeds didn't make it into the White Book.

Cuz if Arthur Dayne had one his dick would pick the lock instinctually from his pure awesomeness.

"Celibacy is a hands-on job." ;)

Game Over we have a tie for winning post. :D

Doesn't cutting off a man's make him weaker?

So how badass would Belwas be if he did have one?

Sorry if this was supposed to be a serious topic, but I wasn't the first to go there. :)

Archived