Selyse in KL as Queen...some day even as Regent

Señor de la Tormenta 2

She advised Stannis against Cressen's advice of trying to seek common cause with Robb Stark and attempt an alliance with the Vale. She speaks against those plans with no plan of her own about how to gather allies for Stannis. She also decides to make Gerrick Kingsblood the King of the Wildlings when she has no clue about of the dynamics of wildling politics, and thinks the wildlings will just accept him.

The second point I concede. I'm in the re-read and haven't made it to Stannis coming North yet.

But as far as advising against Cressen, isn't Selyse just parroting exactly what Stannis himself would say? He believes he is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne and the Seven Kingdoms. He calls Robb Stark a usurper, even though Robb has no interest in the stabby chair or the south. Selyse basically vehemently expresses Stannis's own position on the fact that he should be ruling all of Westeros.

The second point I concede. I'm in the re-read and haven't made it to Stannis coming North yet.

But as far as advising against Cressen, isn't Selyse just parroting exactly what Stannis himself would say? He believes he is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne and the Seven Kingdoms. He calls Robb Stark a usurper, even though Robb has no interest in the stabby chair or the south. Selyse basically vehemently expresses Stannis's own position on the fact that he should be ruling all of Westeros.

Parrot what Stannis himself would say? That makes it sound as if Stannis wasn't there to listen, but he was and he seemed to be considering what Cressen was saying.

Parrot what Stannis himself would say? That makes it sound as if Stannis wasn't there to listen, but he was and he seemed to be considering what Cressen was saying.

Probably just my opinion, but based on Stannis's entire outlook to his standing as king and that all of Westeros would be under his rule, I seriously doubt he would have heeded Cressen's advice.

She would do whatever Melisandre tells her to do...

He calls Robb Stark a usurper, even though Robb has no interest in the stabby chair or the south. Selyse basically vehemently expresses Stannis's own position on the fact that he should be ruling all of Westeros.

Robb was in fact usurping 1 of Staniss kingdoms!

She would do whatever Melisandre tells her to do...

Robb was in fact usurping 1 of Staniss kingdoms!

This was kind of my point...Robb has no interest in sitting the Iron Throne, yet Stannis wouldn't want to form an alliance with him because Robb (and forthcoming Starks) would still hold the title "King in the North." Stannis wants to rule the Seven Kingdoms from the Iron Throne, not sit the Iron Throne and rule whatever Robb doesn't want.

Yes I did read it and my point is not invalid. Did you read my post? If she managed to get into power she probably wouldn't last long because she'd spark a holy war against a growing number of fanatics for the Seven. Even the Targs who had dragons had to adopt the gods of their subjects to solidify their rule (which is something Selyse would never do). Go read it again.

No no Boss, I meant to put something under yours too but my phone was messing up and refusing to let me. Anyway I forgot every I was going to say except I agree on the high sparrow but I still see him as a fanatic

This was kind of my point...Robb has no interest in sitting the Iron Throne, yet Stannis wouldn't want to form an alliance with him because Robb (and forthcoming Starks) would still hold the title "King in the North." Stannis wants to rule the Seven Kingdoms from the Iron Throne, not sit the Iron Throne and rule whatever Robb doesn't want.

then misread your position about it :)

North.... River Lands....The crabb....

North.... River Lands....The crabb....

Crabb?? The Crabbs are part of the Crownlands, and they were sworn directly to the Iron Throne (with no other lords over them). Robb never claimed them as part of his kingdom and according to Nimble Dick the people of Crackclaw Point weren't interested in kneeling anyone other than the Targaryens.

Archived