Thoughts on my theories? (spoiler alert)

Daendrew

He is the riddle, as he is the third dragon, the third rider, and the missing piece to restore peace to the kingdom.

there is a prophesy of dragons old and new, true and false. I think Young Griff is a Targ in that he is a Blackfyre but Tyrion is the answer to the riddle of the story. Not the riddler, or joke teller.

That's what most people on this forum believe.

That's what most people on this forum believe.

I'm not saying that it couldn't be correct, afterall........a sphinx is a lion with a human face, and in Egypt, a missing nose, I can see how that could be possible. I just didn't think we were beat over the head with the riddle and the sphinx as much as we were with other prophecies, riddles, etc. That's why it's one I don't think about, much.

I'm not saying that it couldn't be correct, afterall........a sphinx is a lion with a human face, and in Egypt, a missing nose, I can see how that could be possible. I just didn't think we were beat over the head with the riddle and the sphinx as much as we were with other prophecies, riddles, etc. That's why it's one I don't think about, much.

I was talking about the Blackfire thing.

I was talking about the Blackfire thing.

LOL, I realized that after typing, but........figured I'd leave the post anyway as it was just my thoughts on The Sphinx and the Riddle, but I must admit, I did wonder if you meant many thought that both the Blackfyre and Tyrion/Sphinx were true. I hadn't noticed much that would lead to my thinking that the Tyrion and Sphinx angle was believed by alot of posters?

This week I was dreading the thought of GRRM dying before he finishes.

Now that I reread ADWD and see he gives plants the seed of greyscale in Tyrion and I'm like, let him die.

Do even my favorite fictional characters have to die of neurodegenerative disease?!?!

Sphinxes are often winged. http://www.britishmuseum.org/images/ps098822_m.jpg

They are half man.

They are part lion. They are part winged dragon.

Tyrion has more chapters than anyone else. He is going to see Danerys. I have no doubt he is the Sphinx.

Sphinxes are winged creatures, but they don't have dragon wings, but the wings of a bird.

This week I was dreading the thought of GRRM dying before he finishes.

Now that I reread ADWD and see he gives plants the seed of greyscale in Tyrion and I'm like, let him die.

Do even my favorite fictional characters have to die of neurodegenerative disease?!?!

Careful there. As a community, we discourage the talk about GRRM's health and ideas of him not fishing the books.

I was kidding. I love the guy Ladys Ghost.

I was having one of these reactions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78juOpTM3tE

I needed a moment to figure out who is the Lady's Ghost :)... The username is Mladen... :)

We just don't like to talk about it and it would be best not to mention it...

Ladys Ghost, bird wings cannot lift a huge beast.

I am not speaking what can or can't be lifted. Sphinx' wings are not dragon wings.

But I have listened to the whole series on audio by Roy Dotrice and he is just the master. But Dotrice is already 90 years old with two more books to go :-(

I couldn't listen to the audiobook of the other narrator.

Dotrice creates a gripping performance in my minds eye.

Ice and fire as in song of ice in fire doesn't represent stark and Targaryen unless you support one particular theory. It clearly means something else because if you substitute the words, song of stark and Targaryen doesn't make any sense and is of no importance, or not enough to name your series after it. Unless you are one who thinks this refers to Jon being some kind of ptwp and this being representative of that.

I personally think people over think details in the books far too much. Sure it's all in good fun and passes the time, but people look too hard. Not every prophecy (or any) will turn out true, not every little detail means something else or is a clue to a hidden riddle, not every character or event has a hidden meaning or identity.

When TWOW and finally ADOS come out, you will see 99% of the theories on this board crumble to ash with its supporters claiming the 'facts' they already 'knew' are better than what GRRM has written and what should have been.

Ice and fire is not explicitly Targ vs Stark.

It is good vs evil. It is like the light side of the force vs the dark side. It is the eternal battle dance between the sun and the moon for hegemony. it is a metaphor which can be interpreted in many ways.

Can be embodied in Targ and Stark as they are embodied in Dragonfire and Winter.

The Tyrion idea is interesting...the Great Sphinx is missing its' nose and has a crack down the center that could be seen as looking like Tyrion's scar. A Sphinx is not necessarily half man, it has the body of a lion (which could be Lannister), wings of a bird (while it could be Targaryen, it would be more literal if it was actual Arryn), and the face of a female. It could be that the Alleras/Sarella theory is what Maester Aemon is refering to, but is that something that he would know? It has been pointed out that he probably would not be aware of Alleras.

Archived