could qyburn give jamie a new hand?

ser piggy of horn hill

I think the main reason that Jaime couldn't get a hand from Qyburn is because Jaime wouldn't want it that way. I think it's Jaime's own hand he would like to have back (one that just does it's thing, that is what he misses), plus I don't see Jaime being the type to want a hand by Qyburn's methods. There's a reason Jaime warned Cersei against Qyburn regardless of his 'usefulness.' He was already uncomfortable with the things he knew and the things he suspected with Qyburn having ridden with The Bloody Mummers, IMO, anyway.

I agree with Lady Fevre Dreams post.

But do I think that there is a possibility that Jaime will regain his hand? Yes.

I think that will come through Thoros, not Qyburn.

Oh, I hadn't thought of the Thoros idea. I worry about the burning and sizzling of Victarion's hand courtesy of the other red priest (can't think how to spell his name off the top of my head) so I'd have to ask...........do you think it would be a good thing if Thoros could do such a thing for Jaime?

Allow me to expand...Jaime, if offered a new hand by Qyburn/Cersei would refuse.

Jaime, seeing UnCat, would accept any assistance that the drunken, yet idealistic Thoros would offer him to save Brienne.

At some point, we need some magic...something more than zombies, something more than hatching eggs, something more than the WWN.

Allow me to expand...Jaime, if offered a new hand by Qyburn/Cersei would refuse.

Jaime, seeing UnCat, would accept any assistance that the drunken, yet idealistic Thoros would offer him to save Brienne.

hmm I dunno. When we last saw Jaime, I think he'd kill to get a new hand. Of course that could all change....

At some point, we need some magic...something more than zombies, something more than hatching eggs, something more than the WWN.

LOL, I do like Thoros. I just don't think anything reanimated, sizzling or not, seems to work out well. That's my concern about it, even with Thoros. Granted, if a good-natured drunken red priest like Thoros had been around when Jaime's hand was cut off and tried to heal him right then........maybe, maybe it might work. At this point, it would have to be someone else's hand for Jaime, and I'm not sure if it'd even be useful to him. I agree, though, it would be nice to see some magic totally do some good in the long run for a change. I'm one who suspects it might be Brienne who fights for Jaime in a trial by combat, maybe?

Hmm... I think it would probably cheapen Jaime's character arc if he got his hand back, unless it came at some kind of terrible price. GRRM is very good about not allowing characters easy ways out and not chickening out of making characters suffer the full consequences of their choices, even when those consequences were unpredictable or unfair. Forcing Jaime to live with his handicap and find new ways of dealing with problems is one of the things that makes his character more interesting.

In a sense Qyburn gave Jaime a hand when he pretty much saved Jaime's life (or was that only on the TV show? It's so confusing!). By now, Jaime seems pretty pleased with having grown a conscience since losing his hand and confessing to Brienne. And he is also rather chuffed about the way he's fighting after all his disciplined practice with Ser Ilyn. He's a pretty good fighter as a result and will have the element of surprise in certain situations. So even if Qyburn or someone else could supply a real hand, IMO Jaime would probably not pursue the offer.

Archived