Aegon is real

Chatty Duelist

I didn't say he found a baby with Targy blood, a boy with Valyrian features suffices.

And Mummer's Dragon?

Varys was a Mummer.

Aegon is a Dragon

Hence Mummer's Dragon!

"FEAR MY SUPERIOR LOGIC MORTAL AND DESPAIR!!!"

He was in his bed, she didnt go to him until she heard banging at the door.

Yes i have, and boy do they look alike(Privacy reasons i'm not going to elaborate) . Especially when they have the same blood in their veins.

?

Not of my own, but my youngest brother is a baby, and my younger brother (another one) looked exactly like him at his age.

Plus even if Elia went all:

"Come here sweetie, WAIT A SECOND! YOU'RE NOT MY BABY!, DAFUQ IS THIS? I'M GETTING OUT OF HERE! *The Mountain and Co enter the room* HO SHIT! DAFUQ! OMG OMG OMG!!!!!"

Yes i think i've illustrated my point.

Even if she realized that he was fake, it was too late.

So, you claim that your mother would have been unable to tell them apart? And why was Elia still holding onto that baby if it wasn't hers?

On a separate note:

let us not forget that whatever the mummer's dragon refers to tehre is still the matter of Dany's HotU vision: a cloth dragon on a pole shown to the cheering crowd. Cloth dragon. Not a real one. A fake dragon.

So, you claim that your mother would have been unable to tell them apart? And why was Elia still holding onto that baby if it wasn't hers?

On a separate note:

let us not forget that whatever the mummer's dragon refers to tehre is still the matter of Dany's HotU vision: a cloth dragon on a pole shown to the cheering crowd. Cloth dragon. Not a real one. A fake dragon.

Well she did, because they were born 10 years apart, but they did acutally look alike, but i didn't, which is odd BUT ANYWAYS!

THAT NEVER HAPPENED I NEVER SAID ANYTHING OF THE SORT!

Back to the subject.

Then again there's always the easy way, Elia could have consented to the switch if it would mean her boy would survive. Especially with the Lannisters inside the gates.

Well she did, because they were born 10 years apart, but they did acutally look alike, but i didn't, which is odd BUT ANYWAYS!

Back to the subject.

Then again there's always the easy way, Elia could have consented to the switch if it would mean her boy would survive.

Then there is still the problem that Elia wasn't saved....

I didn't claim you did. My point is that even if the children looked very similar, the mother would still be able to tell them apart.

On a separate note:

The cloth dragon is owned and being performed by mummer's. A "mummer's dragon". It doesn't necessarily mean 'fake dragon'. Only Qaaithe actually refers to 'dragons true and fake', but her advice has been dubious at best. Everything else is "mummer's dragon" which IMO is possessive, not descriptive. It's a dragon owned by a mummer, and who is a mummer? Varys. What dragon does he have? Aegon.

Wasn't part of the plan.

What plan? To save only the boy and not his mother? How is it more difficult to save both of them, then just him? Plus, as have already told Elia would be able to grant the support of Dorne, plus his legitimacy wouldn't be in question. I mean, the story is so ridiculous that it is completely nonsensical.

I didn't claim you did. My point is that even if the children looked very similar, the mother would still be able to tell them apart.

Elia could have been in on it, and probably was given what happened on the Trident.

Because they didn't have the time to do so? Sneaking a baby out is one thing, sneaking a whole family out is another thing entirely.

Rhaeny looked more normal than Aegon, so finding a pretender for her would be easier.

Wasn't part of the plan.

Why wouldn't he save her?

What plan? To save only the boy and not his mother? How is it more difficult to save both of them, then just him? Plus, as have already told Elia would be able to grant the support of Dorne, plus his legitimacy wouldn't be in question. I mean, the story is so ridiculous that it is completely nonsensical.

The plan to split the royal family apart so if a sack of the city happens they aren't all sitting ducks. It's pretty logical.

So is the Blackfyre story, Male Blackfyres all dead, Males are all that matter in Westeros, and yet still you are here.

Rhaeny looked more normal than Aegon, so finding a pretender for her would be easier.

Why wouldn't he save her?

Because she's useless? What's he going to do with an infertile Dornish lady? And some Targ girl?

Only Aegon had actual value. Real value.

The plan to split the royal family apart so if a sack of the city happens they aren't all sitting ducks. It's pretty logical.

The royal family was already split. Rhaella and Viserys were at Dragonstone.

So is the Blackfyre story, Male Blackfyres all dead, Males are all that matter in Westeros, and yet still you are here.

Because she's useless? What's he going to do with an infertile Dornish lady? And some Targ girl?

What he will do with Elia? IDK, ensure the support of Dorne, leave no doubt to his legitimacy... It is funny that we have to say this 10 times...

He is the son of a female Blackfire?

Elia could help proving Aegon's legitimacy.

I believe Varys knew about the wild fire plot, He expected Aegon to burn, but if he knew about wildfire plot why didn't he get all three out of dodge if he's a Targ loyalist.

I hadn't considered the wildfire plot. That puts a dent in my previous certainty; I am now officially willing to consider the possibility that he's real. I still consider fake more likely, though, in part because the "lie cooked up after the fact" version still has no holes.

Regarding Elia: if there was a baby switch, she HAD to have been in on it. Because really, a mother knows her own child, and Varys says he got the baby from Pisswater, which wouldn't have looked Valyrian. Elia and Rhaenys could not be smuggled out because Aerys would have noticed if they were replaced with fakes. But since Aerys doesn't seem like the type to take a close interest in a suckling babe, Aegon's swap-out could have escaped his notice. I consider it quite reasonable that Elia would have agreed to the switch in order to keep her son safe.

The fact that she clung to the baby boy instead of looking for Rhaenys, though? That does poke a hole in the baby-switch story. So I still consider fake more likely.

And she was clinging to the fake baby instead of looking for her own daughter?

I don't remember if the books specify the timing, but I have the feeling that Rheanys was butchered before Elia and the babe. If so, while the girl was stabbed here comes Varys out of a passageway and tells Elia: you're next but I can sneak Aegon out. She agrees but she clings to the fake babe out of maternal protective instinct towards an infant.

The royal family was already split. Rhaella and Viserys were at Dragonstone.

What he will do with Elia? IDK, ensure the support of Dorne, leave no doubt to his legitimacy... It is funny that we have to say this 10 times...

He is the son of a female Blackfire?

Rhaenys could help proving Aegon's legitimacy.

He's already got Dorne's support, being Elia's son'n'shit, and if that doesn't work there's always Arianne he could marry. It's not that hard.

And acutally Elia dying gave him more support than saving her. The Martells burn with hatred of the Lannisters, that's an easy ally right there.

Archived