Grey Wind is alive!

If your serious, your nuts. If you are not then good job.

Tsk tsk, such skepticism in a world where a headless man walks around as a Kingsguard champion, a dead man returns to life multiple times, men are absorbed into trees and can see thousands of years into the past, and having a three pronged blue beard is the epitome of sexiness.

Obviously, it all fits together...R+L = GW!

That's all I'm saying!

Something up thread gave me a further insight. If worm=wyrm which means snake, Grey Worm=Grey Snake. However, the Grey Direwolf is the Stark Sigil. Grey signifies wolf and worm signifies dragon. So 'Grey Worm' is 'Wolf Dragon'. Besides being a subtle hint at R+L=J, it is interesting that while he currently walks about with a 'human' head, his names mention the other two heads. My take on this is that he actually regrows different heads. This is confirmed beyond any and every possible doubt by the fact that 'Grey Worm' is also an anagram for 'Regrow my', as in my head. I also think that his brown hair is not dyed, but rather a wig. This is PROVED by the fact that 'Grey Wind' is an anagram for 'Nerdy Wig'.

As would be true in any case, the longer we think about it, the more stuff coheres with this theory. Clearly it is unassailable now.

You know, it really takes a fresh pair of eyes to help put it all together. I don't think I would've realized just how important Grey Wind is without your help, Hajk. :cheers: But if it goes this far, what else will it prove? Aegon is fake? Sandor is the Gravedigger? Lady/Missandei is a Faceless Man? I mean, clearly GW is the valonqar. GW=GW is the key to everything!

And BTW...I have evidence that Lady was able to reverse-warg into someone at the moment of her death at Ned's hand. She now wanders the eastern marches as Dog, friend to Septon Maribold. And as she was Sansa's wolf of course, her ultimate aim is to ... oh, look, shiny thing!

So... Lyanna was the mother direwolf at the beginning of aGoT? Who was killed by a stag...

ironic, huh?

"Oh, I don't want to marry Robert. He'll never change and he'll beat his wife." -Lyanna

Judge not lest ye be judged, Lyanna. That'll teach you. :angry:

And BTW...I have evidence that Lady was able to reverse-warg into someone at the moment of her death at Ned's hand. She now wanders the eastern marches as Dog, friend to Septon Maribold. And as she was Sansa's wolf of course, her ultimate aim is to ... oh, look, shiny thing!

Lady reverse-warged into the High Sparrow. He wasn't even a septon, which is why no one knows his true identity. She warged into the closest person and is now getting her revenge on Cersei. Cersei wanted Lady's skin; instead, Lady got Cersei's.

how was this not locked when it started

I guess if you want to break the fourth wall then this can be defended as legitimate satire relating to the theoretical devices as well the attitudes and rhetorics of certainty that are employed quite often in various threads of the forum, with the advocated positions often defended with a tenacity that the underlying evidence may not be sufficient to justify. Like any satire, it must have a comedic element to it that would detract from it being taken seriously, but would also contain much that overlaps with stuff that people actually do take seriously. That would be the point of the whole venture. Frankly I was planning to create a "Tommen hate" thread along the same line as two recent Dany hate threads, for a similar purpose before this came along.

Back within the three walls:

Stop being a spoil sport. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Just because you do not agree with an opinion does not mean that you should invoke censorship of another person's opinion. You don't understand the beauty of the theory and just make snide remarks. Clearly you are just another troll.

• 1 year later...

Perusing these forums, I've seen a lot of "so-and-so is actually so-and-so" theories. I have to say, many of them are fairly sound, but I'm really surprised that I've never seen the most obvious of all the hidden identities.

Grey Wind, direwolf of Robb Stark, is actually Grey Worm of the Unsullied!

First, look at the names. Upon close inspection, you can see that both begin with the word "Grey." Coincidence? Then there's the second part. Obviously, Grey Wind can't use his old name exactly, but he makes it pretty close. The "W" is the same, but then take the "ind" and "orm" parts. Move the "n" over one space and add another hump to it causes "Wind" to become "Widm." "I" and "O" are both vowels, so they're interchangeable, which makes "Wodm." But Grey Wind knew that "Wodm" wasn't a word, so he just picked the realest word closest to it, which would be "Worm." Thus, Grey Wind=Grey Worm.

Next, look at the characters themselves. Very similar personalities. Both are brave and serious. Both are very quiet (did Grey Wind even have any lines?). Grey Worm is the leader of the Unsullied, but where did he get all that experience? Clearly it was from being King Robb's right hand wolf! Grey Worm is described as being largely hairless, which makes sense when you consider Grey Wind would have to shave so no one would suspect he was a wolf. GRRM has said Grey Worm's head hair is brown, but obviously Grey Wind would have to dye his hair to hide his identity, a la Aegon. Why brown, you ask? Why, to honor Raynald Westerling, the man who saved him! Why would GRRM describe Raynald's hair color if not as a clue for Grey Wind's secret identity later on?

"Ok, PancakeMountain," you say, "but they sewed Grey Wind's head onto Robb's body, right?" Don't you remember all those times GRRM brought up the wolf attacks in the area? Why do that if not to show us that the Freys could have gotten any ol' wolf's head to sew on!

"But, PancakeMountain," you say again, although at this point you know the evidence to be irrefutable, "Grey Worm shows up before Grey Wind dies." Ah, but GRRM has said many times he doesn't like his readers to be caught up in the timing of things, and things in different areas don't necessary take place where they fall in relation to other chapters. So why does he introduce Grey Worm before killing Grey Wind? Well, obviously it's to throw us off the trail, since with all the other evidence we would've figured it out immediately.

But that brings up the question of motivation. Why is Grey Wind with Dany? Is it to spy on the dragons? Is it because she's the only potential leader left who hasn't directly wronged his family? (Stannis hasn't, but Grey Wind's close friend the Greatjon didn't like him based on the "King in the North" speech, so Grey Wind wouldn't care to join him). Is he planning to rule through her? Unfortunately, we don't have his POV, so we won't know until later in the books.

man.. I am stunned. I dont know what to say..Feels like this theory is a product of Asoiaf brainstorming + bunch of space cakes.

Archived