Does the Golden Company has Edric Storm and his guardians? Make your own crackpot!

Señor de la Tormenta

And old thread with a guy whose name I dont remember, and a re read, make me put an eye on this unnoticed facts:

The Golden Company mustered their ships in Lys. Thats were the invasion of the Storm Lands was mostly planned in details. We learn that from Doran Martell last pov.

Edric Storm, and his guardians are also living in Lys. They are all knights and might be short of money at this moment. Andrew Estermont is the man in charge of the group.

The Estermonts keep, Greenstone, held by Andrews uncle was one of the targets in the first attack.

Main goal now is taking Storms End, were Andrews dad, Ser Lormas is second in command.

Those are facts. Now its time for you to make your own crackpot. Did Edric guardians joined the company? and are helping Aegon in his attack? Does the Andrew-Lormas connection has something to do with Connigntons plan to take Storms End? Does the GC has Edric now?

Or did Andrew lern about the attack, remainded loyal to Stannis and he might try to warn his dad??? Even by sneaking into the company? Or unlist managed to keep Edric hide or run away from those 10k GC roaming Lys???

But how you hide 5 westerosi knights and a young boy in a city full of GC men, and would all the group stay loyal? Wont some of them try to turn cloaks and handle the boy? They might be broke by now, I hardly belive Davos could gave them big money.

Now its turn!! Enjoy!!

No one knows Edric's in Lys except those protecting him. Chances are, his guardians kept their heads down while the GC was in Lys. Their main task is to keep him secret and safe. None of them would risk blowing their cover by sending warnings to anyone in the Stormlands if they found out about it. At least, that's what I think.

Well since Gilbert is in command, what is the importance of Lomas? Why should Gilbert listen to Lomas? How is Gilbert benefited in this deal?

He is betrayed by his second in command, who open the gates or something, or gets a helpful warning of the inminent attack. Remember the plan to take the castle includes some kind of scheme.

He is betrayed by his second in command, who open the gates or something, or gets a helpful warning oc the inminent attack. Remember the plan to take the castle includes some kibd of scheme.

Nah i still don't think Estermont will betray farring. They are both loyal Stannis men.

No one knows Edric's in Lys except those protecting him. Chances are, his guardians kept their heads down while the GC was in Lys. Their main task is to keep him secret and safe. None of them would risk blowing their cover by sending warnings to anyone in the Stormlands if they found out about it. At least, that's what I think.

And whats the point for them? Hide Edric for all their lifes? Some of them are Sunglass men, not so happy with the burning of their lord!

They are not well founded. How are they making a living??? And suddenly the GC arrives in your backyard, full of oportunities for exiled knights as them!

And whats the point for them? Hide Edric for all their lifes? Some of them are Sunglass men, not so happy with the burning of their lord!

They are not well founded. How are they making a living??? And suddenly the GC arrives in your backyard, full of oportunities for exiled knights as them!

I imagine they'll keep hidden until a day comes when its safe to return to Westeros.

Protecting him is Andrew Estermont (the King's cousin, and a man who was loyal to Stannis from day 1), Gerald Gower, Ser Triston of Tally Hill, Lewys the Fishwife and Omer Blackberry. I dont recall any of them being Sunglass men. They are all King's Men, and serve Stannis above all else. Given that some of them are knights, and two are from noble Stormland houses, I'd imagine they have enough wealth to sustain them for a while.

I imagine they'll keep hidden until a day comes when its safe to return to Westeros.

Protecting him is Andrew Estermont (the King's cousin, and a man who was loyal to Stannis from day 1), Gerald Gower, Ser Triston of Tally Hill, Lewys the Fishwife and Omer Blackberry. I dont recall any of them being Sunglass men. They are all King's Men, and serve Stannis above all else. Given that some of them are knights, and two are from noble Stormland houses, I'd imagine they have enough wealth to sustain them for a while.

Ser Triston was sworn to Lord Sunglass.

Well I can't say how loyal the men were to Stannis as they left under orders by Davos and new Stannis wanted Edric. Even though it is a good thing and Stannis is glad Edric is gone they still betrayed him. So probably going to lose some fingers. More than likely Edric is at the very wealthy Salladhors place as he is from Lys.

Well I can't say how loyal the men were to Stannis as they left under orders by Davos and new Stannis wanted Edric. Even though it is a good thing and Stannis is glad Edric is gone they still betrayed him. So probably going to lose some fingers. More than likely Edric is at the very wealthy Salladhors place as he is from Lys.

Nah, Rolland Storm was part of the group and Stannis did nothing to him. In fact, he got promoted.

Cool idea.

I like it.

Going even farther out on the limb and tying it in with GOT (where Edric doesn't exist). Gendry (Edric's alter ego or whatever) is with the BwoB. There are some signs (at least to me) they might join Aegon. If the plan in the books is for both to join up with the GC / Aegon, then in the TV show it made sense to combine them...

I think that if Andrews group is still loyal, their duty is to warn DS and Stoms End that the GC is lunching a full invasion with a Targaryen pretender. So either they were captured, joined them or escaped.

You believe 5 knights and a boy would be unnoticed in Lys? that nobody among the 10k men of the GC would heard of them?? Specially when they have lost Saaladars protection, who by the way is a pirat and would be happy to sell the information to the GC ??? How much time has passed since Saalador abandoned Stannis?

I think that if Andrews group is still loyal, their duty is to warn DS and Stoms End that the GC is lunching a full invasion with a Targaryen pretender. So either they were captured, joined them or escaped.

Their duty is to protect Edric. They were ordered by the King's Hand to do so.

You believe 5 knights and a boy would be unnoticed in Lys? that nobody among the 10k men of the GC would heard of them?? Specially when they have lost Saaladars protection, who by the way is a pirat and would be happy to sell the information to the GC ??? How much time has passed since Saalador abandoned Stannis?

We don't know the specifics of how they got to Lys, or how they're living. But if I had to guess, I'd say that 5 men and a boy could go unnoticed in a city that likely has hundreds of thousands of people.

Regarding Salladhor, while he is an opportunist, he has a friendship with Davos, and likely wouldn't sell out his cause, even if he wasn't working for him.

Archived