Black or Green? (Possible PATQ SPOILERS)

Roddy the Ruin

Slights aren´t petty, people who constantly worry about them, no matter their gravitas, are. A slight is an insult, either intended or not.

Cersei takes it as an insult that a Stokeworth would name their son Tywin, when it is meant as an way to honor the man. That is both petty and haughty. But the slight is only perceived by Cersei, it is neither intended nor perceived by Falyse.

So the whole Ned disliking Lannisters thing isn't because of a slight at all right?

So the whole Ned disliking Lannisters thing isn't because of a slight at all right?

Ned doesn´t like Lannisters because he doesn´t think they have honor. Ned doesn´t like Lannisters because he doesn´t think they can be trusted or depended on. Is pushing his son out of a window a slight? I don't think that is on the same grade as an insult, just like Arya's list is made up of the people that killed her family and friends and destroyed her life, not people that called her 'Arya Longface',

But Ned dislikes and distrusts them long before he has any idea they could be involved in that or the attempt on Bran's life later. Mostly because of what Jaimie and Tywin did in Robert's Rebellion, neither of which were actions against him, but gave him plenty of cause to be wary of Lannisters.

• 6 months later...

She fed Vaemond, who had a right to complain about his lands being taken by bastards, to her dragon.

His lands? You mean, Corlys' lands that should have been inherited by his own line of which there were Baela and Rhaena - his undisputed granddaughters?

Vaemond tried to rob the girls in the stupidest way possible. Actually, I think it was a Green machination that had convinced him in Viserys' change of heart towards Rhaenyra. He couldn't have been this stupid to try otherwise. He lived long enough to marry, have children and so on. Uncompatible with this level of stupidity if he believed that he could pull such a trick on his future queen who was supported by his current king.

Yet the King with her later actions, proved that she was right so she basically protected herself.

How did he prove her right? He moved the tongues of Vaemond's kin and children for speaking the truth.

His lands? You mean, Corlys' lands that should have been inherited by his own line of which there were Baela and Rhaena - his undisputed granddaughters?

Vaemond tried to rob the girls in the stupidest way possible. Actually, I think it was a Green machination that had convinced him in Viserys' change of heart towards Rhaenyra. He couldn't have been this stupid to try otherwise. He lived long enough to marry, have children and so on. Uncompatible with this level of stupidity if he believed that he could pull such a trick on his future queen who was supported by his current king.

Rhaenyra didn't ask for the lands for them, but for her son Lucerys.

Vaemond was trying to keep his lands from the hands of a bastard. That is right, blame it all on the Greens, some seeing the BS Rhaeynra was trying to fed the world had to be one of them.

I am so :bang: this is so obviously true!

How did he prove her right? He moved the tongues of Vaemond's kin and children for speaking the truth.

Or for spreading lies. However Anath is right the Velaryon lands were never his; Baela and Rhaela were before him in any case.

Or for spreading lies. However Anath is right the Velaryon lands were never his; Baela and Rhaela were before him in any case.

For speaking the obvious truth he was blind too. Of which Rhaenyra was not pushing to give the lands to, but her Strong son.

For speaking the obvious truth he was blind too. Of which Rhaenyra was not pushing to give the lands to, but her Strong son.

Yet Laenor who could see the difference said nothing. The fact that he knew and acknowledge the boys as his means more that their DNA.

But yet again the land was never his, Baela and Rhaena come before himself. The same Rhaena who was bethrothed with Lucerys.

Yet Laenor who could see the difference said nothing. The fact that he knew and acknowledge the boys as his means more that their DNA.

But yet again the land was never his, Baela and Rhaena come before himself. The same Rhaena who was bethrothed with Lucerys.

Yet Laenor saw his wife favoring Strong, and what did he did? He gave a favor to his own lover. He was fine being cuckolded, so long as he cuckolded her. And seeeing how Colys gave his lands to his bastards vefore hers should tell you something.

And yet again, Rhaenyra was not giving or pushing the lands to them, she was pushing to have it given to son, a boy with no claim to what is the Masters of tides. Vaemond had more aright to Driftmark then he Lucerys ever did, if Rhaenyra pushed for Baela, that is ground to stand on, but she had none for her son.

Rhaenyra didn't ask for the lands for them, but for her son Lucerys.

Vaemond was trying to keep his lands from the hands of a bastard. That is right, blame it all on the Greens, some seeing the BS Rhaeynra was trying to fed the world had to be one of them.

His lands again. *sigh*

You've been so busy proving that Vaemond was better than Rhaenyra. So she asked for her son to inherit, having betrothed him to Rhaena. This would make Rhaena wife of the Lord of Driftmark. Vaemond was just ready to throw her out in the cold altogether. Yeah, he was so much better.

Since I have quite the high opinion of Corlys, I cannot help but think that his kin were probably not worth much if he became as desperate as seeking bastards to succeed him instead of leaving his closest kin to inherit.

Yet Laenor saw his wife favoring Strong, and what did he did? He gave a favor to his own lover. He was fine being cuckolded, so long as he cuckolded her. And seeeing how Colys gave his lands to his bastards vefore hers should tell you something.

And yet again, Rhaenyra was not giving or pushing the lands to them, she was pushing to have it given to son, a boy with no claim to what is the Masters of tides. Vaemond had more aright to Driftmark then he Lucerys ever did, if Rhaenyra pushed for Baela, that is ground to stand on, but she had none for her son.

For f**s sake! Laenor knew the truth and he did nothing accepting the children as his. So the names of the children in any case were Velaryon. Lucerys who is the one, who would supposedly, would take the Velaryon lands were to be married the so called trueborn Velaryon heiress Rhaena. So in few words the lands would be in the family since it would be like Laena passing the lands to her daughter Rhaena who would rule with her husband and would pass the lands to her children.

His lands again. *sigh*

You've been so busy proving that Vaemond was better than Rhaenyra. So she asked for her son to inherit, having betrothed him to Rhaena. This would make Rhaena wife of the Lord of Driftmark. Vaemond was just ready to throw her out in the cold altogether. Yeah, he was so much better.

Since I have quite the high opinion of Corlys, I cannot help but think that his kin were probably not worth much if he became as desperate as seeking bastards to succeed him instead of leaving his closest kin to inherit.

She never said for Rhaena, but for Lucerys. Baela and Rhaena were the rightful rulers in their own right. She had a calim over him, not Lucerys.

Seeing how they were his children I would imagine he would want them to inherit.

For f**s sake! Laenor knew the truth and he did nothing accepting the children as his. So the names of the children in any case were Velaryon. Lucerys who is the one, who would supposedly, would take the Velaryon lands were to be married the so called trueborn Velaryon heiress Rhaena. So in few words the lands would be in the family since it would be like Laena passing the lands to her daughter Rhaena who would rule with her husband and would pass the lands to her children.

Laenor was busy doing his own thing, he had no reason to care.vStill gives them no claim. Then the lands were hers, no his, again, she pushed for her son, not Rhaena to have the lands. No it would not, for it would be Lucerys ruling.

Laenor was busy doing his own thing, he had no reason to care.vStill gives them no claim. Then the lands were hers, no his, again, she pushed for her son, not Rhaena to have the lands. No it would not, for it would be Lucerys ruling.

Yet again. Legally Lucery was a Velaryon nothing but his father could change it. Do you really believe that any relative that had some blood bonds comes before adopted children?

BTW Anath had a great point:

Meaning than everyone would do everything to keep him from taking the Velaryon lands.

She never said for Rhaena, but for Lucerys. Baela and Rhaena were the rightful rulers in their own right. She had a calim over him, not Lucerys.

Seeing how they were his children I would imagine he would want them to inherit.

What? Can you really imagine a scenario where she could have said "for Baela" or "for Rhaena"? Let's be real here. She could have as well pinned a sign "Yes, I was an unfaithful wife and my sons are not Laenor's" on her chest.

In a perfect world, Baela or Rhaena inheriting should and would have worked (if the boys were indeed bastards which, let me remind you, was never proven. NO ONE ever said they took after Strong, just that they looked common.) In Westeros, though, there were alliances and loyaties, and practicalities to be considered.

Rhaenyra did the best she could in this situation and it was good enough for Corlys. He was wise enough to recognize that a solution that gave Baela queenship and Rhaena the status of Lady Velaryon was better than placing a young girl in a situation to fight adult men for her rights... and face Rhaenyra's enmity.

Archived