Which side would you choose in RR, knowing what you know now.

He wouldn't have needed too in how if he was still alive he would be sitting on the Iron Throne and could send someone else.

No, i am talking about a scenario where Renly takes Stannis place though his personality and attitude stays the same. Stannis dies mysteriously on the eve of battle and then Renly assaults KL with full force but losses. He falls back to DS and then a letter comes from NW calling for help.

Edit: I think this talk is useless since it is based on If and buts.

No, i am talking about a scenario where Renly takes Stannis place though his personality and attitude stays the same. Stannis dies mysteriously on the eve of battle and then Renly assaults KL with full force but losses. He falls back to DS and then a letter comes from NW calling for help.

This can't really work out the same way becuase the Tyrells will side with Renly due to his personality. He'd take KL.

I would have picked the rebels. Aerys was a murderous sadist and Rhaegar turned into a prophesy-seeking idiot, which never ends well. Plus he had no regard for the honorable agreements other nobles have made. He was selfish and probably would not have been the wonderful, dreamy king others think he would have. Time to kick them out of Westeros and back to where they belong.

Those children would look at the issue like History. I'd bet they wouldn't stay late at night thinking, "Hey, Remember GrandGrandfather Rhaegar? The one that raped Lyanna Stark and died at the Trident? How about starting a war to clearing his name?" It sounds far-fetched. Also, considering the children would tell their children about the versions passed to them, why would they defend someone like that?

How about "I grow up with people who always told me what to do and they told me that my father did those things. They are totally right."

Children idolize their parents to some degree. There's no gene about that. How much idolizing about their Grandfather had the sons of Orys Baratheon, since their father killed their Grandfather? Children will believe what they are told to believe. I don't think Aegon would like to be like his parent when his parent, for all he knows, abandoned his mother to rape some northern girl. You talk about children like they are predisposed to follow blindly their parents. I'd argue that no, the environment causes a huge influence.

Orys children had a mother and a father. Elia would propaly died after the Rebellion.

That's just one of the best solutions to the rebellion. Of course we could debate here the entire day about the best case, mine was just one. Rhaegar being smart is sketchy since we don't know what happened, and as for the others, are they for real?

There was no best solution for the Rebellion itself. What would happened to the children after the Rebellion if Tywin hadn't acted is another matter.

I agree. Robert's reign was in truth pretty peaceful, aside from the Greyjoy rebellion, which was put down with ease. Realistically, it's good for a country to have a some national debt, and I'll never understand how excessive tournaments led to the insane amount of debt that Robert. That aside, his other real screw up was securing a true born heir.

I think Rhaegar is being pretty overestimated in this thread. There really isn't much that indicates he would be a good ruler. Having a second wife will more than likely cause succession issues.

Totally agree. Robert's reign was essentially Jon Arryn's which everybody seems to agree was a great man and just leader. Peace and plenty semed to be the rule of thumb. And as for that debt, robert undoubtedly spent too much, bit did he really bankrupt Westeros with tourneys and whoring?? The royal coffers must be pretty dang small. And let's not forget who the master of coin was, Littlefinger was famous for making money but I think it's just as probable that with all that trust placed in him he found plenty of ways to bleed the treasury no doubt to his own benefit.

Edited for spelling

Archived