Restarting The Wheel of Time

Nicomo Cosca

I really hate spoilers, too, Nicomo. But luckily it's only one death (of many).

Glad you're starting the series. :)

I´ve been planing on starting a thread in which I´ll be making updates on my process (sort of like that one from TFL from a couple of months ago) but I´m not so sure yet, I don´t want to get anything spoiled

Yeah Faile was great! There aren´t any characters that I was particulary annoyed as of the end of the 3rd one, only Rand on the first one, but just a little bit.

If I had any major complaints about the series it wouldn´t be about any of the characters, it would be on those damn dream sequences D: I mean there is a certain amount of dreams I´m willing to accept but this books kinda over did them.

Come to think about it, I think I stopped the 4th one in the middle of a dream sequence :p

Eleven? Knife of Dreams? (Is that right?). I thought KoD was a good return to form for Jordan.

Ya I re-read the series before Memory came out and thought Knife was really strong-some very good progression in the story

In fairness Brandon continued on the pace as well as think Jordon would have

DP,

lord of chaos has a moment that has me wetting my pants just thinking about it so i'd read at least that far and it may make the lull easier to handle. in addition something happens towards the end of books 4 that just blows up a certain character who remains near and dear to my heart. crossroads isn't really even that long page wise i don't think. JUST DO IT!

I had skipped LoC but when everyone kept saying how good it was I sucked it up and read the book. It wasn't all that in my humble opinion. The series peaked at book 4, in my opinion.

If you even like Faile... Then you'll do just fine with the series. :lol:

It's just 3rd book. Give the guy enough time, and he'll start to hate her as the rest of fans.

DP,

I had skipped LoC but when everyone kept saying how good it was I sucked it up and read the book. It wasn't all that in my humble opinion. The series peaked at book 4, in my opinion.

Yes, the 4th and 5th books were the best IMO. LoC was still good, but you could feel the fast moving adventure beginning to stagnate.

Rand simply becomes too powerful. In first 5 books he was still an underdog, untrained and raw, so the reader was constantly afraid for him. But since 6th book there isn't Forsaken or power that could oppose him. He now knows most of the tricks. He has most powerful artefacts. He controls armies of 3 countries, border states are favorable to him and he has Aiel legions.

So what happens? He start to act stupidly. He leaves Ilian alone at first, Shaido roaming the lands, let's Taim train his Ashaman, Aes Sedai to play with him. He has the abilty to destroy the Seanchan immediately after their second invasion and doesn't carry it through. A lot of tension is lost after his victory in 5th book.

Archived