Let's try to figure it out: why is Dorkstar important?

joluoto2

So here we have this character who Martin clearly wrote to be an important character in the series. However he just comes out as an emo idiot who tries to kill a little girl and fails. His only other defining feature is that he has a slightly Valyrian look and represent a Cadet branch of a cool House. Still Oberyn considered him one of the most dangerous men in Dorne. And now we are suppose to follow when Areo Hotah, Obara and ser Only Decent King's Guard Swann goes trying to bring him in (and we're supposed to assume it will be hard for a bunch of cool people to beat that lame child abuser).

So, what is it that makes Dorkstar dangerous? Why is we supposed to think there's something about him? Let's try to put our heads together and solve the enigma that is Dorkstar.

Dorkstar? :D

Well can't contribute much, but I am interested why he is seen as a child abuser? Or at least why he could be one.

Doran surely knows much more about him, and Doran beeing very cautios person he probably knows he plans something wich interferes with Doran plans. That makes him very dangerous to him.

So here we have this character who Martin clearly wrote to be an important character in the series.

Ehm, no. Martin clearly wrote him to satisfy the fans who were let down by Oberyn's death, giving 'em another awesome Dornish character, and failed so spectacularly it's not even funny.

Let's try to figure out the boards' obsession with Dorkstar, because I really don't get it.

"Princess." Ser Gerold Dayne stood behind her, half in starlight and half in shadow.

"How was your piss?" Arianne inquired archly.

"The sands were duly grateful." Dayne put a foot upon the head of a statue that might have been the Maiden till the sands had scoured her face away. "It occurred to me as I was pissing that this plan of yours may not yield you what you want."

"And what is it I want, Ser?"

"The Sand Snakes freed. vengeance for Oberyn and Elia. Do I know the song? You want a little taste of lion blood."

"I want justice."

"Call it what you will. Crowning the Lannister girl is a hollow gesture. She will never sit the Iron Throne. Nor will you get the war you want. The lion is not so easily provoked."

"The lion's dead. Who knows which club the lioness prefers?"

"The one in her own den."

Maybe he's an agent of the GC and Aegon. If DS knows they are coming, he would see A's plot as pointless. At the very least, he could join the invasion. He has loyal Targ roots.

He would be a good recruit to the GC invasion force,and be a member of Aegon's KG. And would create a triangle of Aegon/Arianne/DS and tension between them. A bit like the tension between Dany/Jorah/Daario..

He's the REAL Viserys Targaryen.

The man we and Daenerys knew as Viserys Targaryen was actually an impostor. When things started to go terribly wrong during Robert's Rebellion, Viserys and Gerold Dayne were swapped. Viserys grew up under the guise of Darkstar, while Gerold Dayne impersonated Viserys. With time, Gerold Dayne went insane and started believing he was really Viserys.

The real Viserys grew up to be a reckless and dangerous man, which prevented Doran's plan to reveal his identity, marry him to Arianne and restore the Targaryens to the throne. So, after the death of the fake Viserys, he decided to use Daenerys instead, since she had DRAGONS.

With the miraculous survival of Aegon, the situation becomes even more confused. It is now necessary to destroy Darkstar, i.e. the REAL Viserys Targaryen, to prevent further trouble.

That's why he's the most dangerous man in Dorne.

He's the REAL Viserys Targaryen.

The man we and Daenerys knew as Viserys Targaryen was actually an impostor. When things started to go terribly wrong during Robert's Rebellion, Viserys and Gerold Dayne were swapped. Viserys grew up under the guise of Darkstar, while Gerold Dayne impersonated Viserys. With time, Gerold Dayne went insane and started believing he was really Viserys.

The real Viserys grew up to be a reckless and dangerous man, which prevented Doran's plan to reveal his identity, marry him to Arianne and restore the Targaryens to the throne. So, after the death of the fake Viserys, he decided to use Daenerys instead, since she had DRAGONS.

With the miraculous survival of Aegon, the situation becomes even more confused. It is now necessary to destroy Darkstar, i.e. the REAL Viserys Targaryen, to prevent further trouble.

That's why he's the most dangerous man in Dorne.

You forgot to mention Dany is fake too, that red door she keeps dreaming about is from the house she grew up in before they swapped her for the real Dany.

Archived