Let's try to figure it out: why is Dorkstar important?

joluoto2

He is a poser who not only attempted to murder a child (an act so vile and despicable in itself) but he FAILED to actually kill her. It shows his incompetences and I hope Balon Swann slays the blight on the honor of House Dayne.

Except if he didn't mean to kill her and meant to maim her instead. Suddenly Gerold isn't so incompetent based on your explanation.

I would also like to know what he is a 'poser' of, and what his other 'incompetences' are. You, nor any of us, know the full story on him, who he is working with/for, and what his plans are. But one thing is for certain, he didn't randomly find himself in this situation and randomly failing at killing children.

Except if he didn't mean to kill her and meant to maim her instead. Suddenly Gerold isn't so incompetent based on your explanation.

I would also like to know what he is a 'poser' of, and what his other 'incompetences' are. You, nor any of us, know the full story on him, who he is working with/for, and what his plans are. But one thing is for certain, he didn't randomly find himself in this situation and randomly failing at killing children.

Yes. People seem to have made up their minds about someone who's barely been in the story and whose actions have yet to be explained.

I didn't care for Theon at first, I DID like Dany at first, didn't like Doran at first, and I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of. Point is, give the guy an actual chance. I'll wait for WoW until I have a full opinion of him. As of now, meh, he's just there.

I don't get it. Why so much hate for a character who has been in about one chapter, who's true intentions and origins remain unknown, and who hasn't even had a chance to prove his actual skills yet?

Asoiaf is full of child-murdering monsters. As for his failure, well even the best swordsman can get unlucky, and we don't even know if he truly wanted to kill her. Besides, some people should be reminded that Oberyn did fail to finish off an impaled foe in his only on-page battle. So I think we should give Darkstar a chance.

He cut off a little girls ear, thats enough reason not to like him in my book. If he actually intended to kill her that makes him even worse. Yes Jamie did the same/worse to Bran and I still dislike him for it, but unlike DarkStar we've seen a Jamie POV and thus been able to read some of his redeemable qualities. Although I still dont like him (even if he is an interestig POV to read)

He cut off a little girls ear, thats enough reason not to like him in my book. If he actually intended to kill her that makes him even worse. Yes Jamie did the same/worse to Bran and I still dislike him for it, but unlike DarkStar we've seen a Jamie POV and thus been able to read some of his redeemable qualities. Although I still dont like him (even if he is an interestig POV to read)

I get that. What I don't understand is that it seems some people also hate the character for failing to kill Myrcella.

Archived