Who will be in the small council at the end of ADOS?

The One And Only

Assuming there still is one... My guesses are:

KING: Jon Snow

SMALL COUNCIL

Hand of the King: Tyrion Lannister

Master of Coin: Littlefinger (Which would be the perfect end to his story arc. All of his schemes puts him right back where he started).

Master of Whispers: Varys (Like Littlefinger, all of his schemes got him nowhere)

Master of Laws: ???

Master of Ships: Davos Seaworth

Lord Commander: Brienne of Tarth

Grand Maester: Sam Tarly

I actually like the idea that a lot of PoV characters will get to be on the small council with the exception of LF and Varys. However I would like to know what you think will happen to Dany and her dragons? Also, as for the king, I REALLY cant decide on who I want the king/queen to be!!

I think Dany and the Dragons die in the end. No way they survive the series.

GRRM has done a great job of building up a ton of characters. I think he is leading all of it to showing us how two major armies will form. And the end is showing us how regular people built up friendships and skills to get as high as they did.

You are very optimistic OP

Imo Tyrion is faithed to die in ADOS (probably in some heroic way saving the day)

LF and Varys are also goners. Their deaths (somewhere in tWoW or early ADOS) will be the perfect way to signalize that the Game has lost it relevance (for now) and that it's time to focus on the song.

Davos and Brienne are hard to predict. I don't see them dying just yet, but they are certainly not out of the dangerzone.

I think Samwell is quite safe. And his being the Grandmaester is a logical conclusion to his arc, but only if the Citadel is reformed. It's quite likely that he'll wind up as Lord of Horn Hill at the end of the novels (because we all know that his little brother is bound to die to leave Randyll without an heir). But anyway he's a safe bet for any council meeting (I'm not really sure that they'll keep the same titles on the Small Council. A new King or Queen might want to radically chance the way their administration is run to prevent another LF or Varys), since as a (former) member of the NW and a man who has done his Maester studies he'll have a reputation for neutrality while at the same time having family members that are very strong Blackfyre supporters.

As to King Jon. Well, I'm certainly rooting for it. But as of now I think Queen Daenerys is more of a certainty. Jon is more at risk of dying, although he could certainly survive the series. I do however think that any scenario with him being King involves Daenerys on the IT. And the cases where he hasn't survived the Long Night 2.0. involve Daenerys with a child of him.

For the rest of the Small Council I think it's very important to take national unity into account. Whomever polishes the Throne with his ass at the end of ADOS will have a very torn country to rebuilt. It's probably best to include people from all relevant parties into that Small Council.

At the very least you'll need someone with ties to Camp Blackfyre/Brightflame (I think Sam is a good candidate for that because of reasons mentioned above), Camp Stannis (Either Stannis himself or Davos if they survive), Camp Dany (and preferably someone from her Essosi followers. Think the Red Lamb or Thumco Llo), a Northerner/Riverlander (in other words someone who used to belong to Robb's loyalists). Someone with links to the Vale of Arryn (Sansa or perhaps one of the Royces) and Dorne (I think Sarella could be good) would also be nice.

I think a good half of the people on your list will be dead by the end of the story.

I also don't think there will be an Iron Throne at the end, let alone a small council for the monarch sitting on it.

Dan & Dan guessed right on who would sit on the Iron Throne in the end when asked by GRRM. I doubt that they picked nobody. So the Iron Throne will be there at the end.

Dan & Dan guessed right on who would sit on the Iron Throne in the end when asked by GRRM. I doubt that they picked nobody. So the Iron Throne will be there at the end.

Are you absolutely sure? Because I was under the impression that the question they were asked and answered correctly was, "Who is Jon's mother?" I haven't seen anything about them answering the Iron Throne question, only the one about Jon's mother.

For the rest of the Small Council I think it's very important to take national unity into account. Whomever polishes the Throne with his ass at the end of ADOS will have a very torn country to rebuilt. It's probably best to include people from all relevant parties into that Small Council.

At the very least you'll need someone with ties to Camp Blackfyre/Brightflame (I think Sam is a good candidate for that because of reasons mentioned above), Camp Stannis (Either Stannis himself or Davos if they survive), Camp Dany (and preferably someone from her Essosi followers. Think the Red Lamb or Thumco Llo), a Northerner/Riverlander (in other words someone who used to belong to Robb's loyalists). Someone with links to the Vale of Arryn (Sansa or perhaps one of the Royces) and Dorne (I think Sarella could be good) would also be nice.

You too are being optimistic. Half of those camps will be completely wiped out by the end.

Provide a quote? I remember something about them correctly guessing Jon's mother - but not the IT.

The only thing we heard form GRRM about IT, is that someone "unexpected" will sit on it - but it don't mean he/she will remain on it

eta; ninja'd

Provide a quote? I remember something about them correctly guessing Jon's mother - but not the IT.

The only thing we heard form GRRM about IT, is that someone "unexpected" will sit on it - but it don't mean he/she will remain on it

eta; ninja'd

And who is more unexpected than "nobody"? :P

First off littlefinger gotta go if sansa DONT kill him arya will besides Jon would never have him on his council.stannis hand of the king. Arya spymaster assassin. Blackfish Jamie DarkStar Grenn RedLamb Enmitt and Aero hotah to protect his Arrianne now queen alongside VAL stannis made him do it to heal the kingdom he had to bring the north an south together.tyrion master of coin.?Sam grandmaester. Randall tarly master of laws .asha greyjoy and davos seaworthy.lords of the sea.dany mother of dragons an protector of the children at the water gardens she lives with all the children of the realm.

You too are being optimistic. Half of those camps will be completely wiped out by the end.

Yeah no, that would take genocide on an unprecedented scale. There is no way one of these sides get's completely exterminated. After all, Robb got completelly pawned by the Lannisters and there are still plenty of his (capable) followers left alive (e.g. the Blackfish, every Riverland noble besides the Freys and their sworn houses, the Northern Houses besides the Boltons, etc.).

I think a good half of the people on your list will be dead by the end of the story.

I also don't think there will be an Iron Throne at the end, let alone a small council for the monarch sitting on it.

I think perhaps some clarification is in order: Do you believe that the actual physical IT will be gone or do you believe that what the IT represents (7 united Kingdoms) will cease to exist?

Personally, I see the poetry in the physical IT being destroyed (new beginnings and all) but I don't think there is any chance of the 7 Kingdoms ceasing to exist.

Yeah no, that would take genocide on an unprecedented scale. There is no way one of these sides get's completely exterminated. After all, Robb got completelly pawned by the Lannisters and there are still plenty of his (capable) followers left alive (e.g. the Blackfish, every Riverland noble besides the Freys and their sworn houses, the Northern Houses besides the Boltons, etc.).

Not unprecedented scale. Dragons can wipe out entire houses. So can White Walkers.

Not unprecedented scale. Dragons can wipe out entire houses. So can White Walkers.

Uhu, luckily these camps have a lot more than one House in them. If it's a camp of just one House they wouldn't really be players now would they.

I think perhaps some clarification is in order: Do you believe that the actual physical IT will be gone or do you believe that what the IT represents (7 united Kingdoms) will cease to exist?

Perhaps both, I don't know. I was speaking more about the institution itself. I don't think that there will be a unified Westeros at the end of the story.

I'm going to guess that you're throwing in the towel on the D&D question, seeing as you haven't addressed it at all.

If there's still an Iron Throne, my bets are on Trystane Martell. I think Stannis, Shireen, Doran and Arianne will die before the end, but Trystane would be too random to kill off, and he'd be pretty much the only candidate left from a Great House with Targ blood (if they still care about that sort of thing after all's said and done), but I have no idea who could be in the rest of the council.

Archived