How would you dealt with the grejoys?

Wmarshal

Theres a reason the Ironborn reave, because the harsh and bleak Iron Islands cannot full sustain a sizeable human population by farming alone, they have to go out and do hunting and gathering so to speak.

They could easily sustain themselves through a variety of trade, fishing, and farming. Many small rocky islands in the real world sustain themselves through this method, there's plants which can be grown even with poor soil with a minimal space such as lentils and there's always fish in the sea. We also know from Theon that there is some mining and stuff so they have stuff to trade for even more food if necessary.

They could easily sustain themselves through a variety of trade, fishing, and farming. Many small rocky islands in the real world sustain themselves through this method, there's plants which can be grown even with poor soil with a minimal space such as lentils and there's always fish in the sea. We also know from Theon that there is some mining and stuff so they have stuff to trade for even more food if necessary.

The author said so and it must be so.

The Goodbrothers have a small mine in the hills in the middle of Great Wyk not exactly Deadwood, and sure theres some arable land on the Iron Islands but not enough to sustain tens of thousands of people, and growing lentils? Come on reavings way cooler.

The Goodbrothers have a small mine in the hills in the middle of Great Wyk not exactly Deadwood, and sure theres some arable land on the Iron Islands but not enough to sustain tens of thousands of people, and growing lentils? Come on reavings way cooler.

Sigh,

I give up. Someone who says reaving is way cooler can't be convinced otherwise.

TBH the Greyjoys didn't break the peace they had with Robert and didn't rebel against the Iron Throne until after the realm shattered and had four kings so I don't really hold it against them for rebelling a second time, all you really need to do is take a hostage from the greyjoys namely their heir and the rest fall into line.

LOL im not an Ironborn basher, aw well I suppose I am but I didnt mean for it to come out that way I just mean alot of the hatred for the IB in the books comes from their Reaving.

Thinking their awesome is what you should get out of their reaving, and what do you think Tywin was doing in the Riverlands and Robb in the Westerlands?

Archived