How would you dealt with the grejoys?

Wmarshal

I think the integration of the peoples essentially went down to this discussion of plain rape. I don't think integration at the level where many people integrate with one another would actually happen. There are too many characters who try to advance justice that would frown on the notion. The fact is that the culture and family ties are so tied into society that to completely integrate peacefully like in our world (which is hard enough) is highly unlikely.

I vote we stop the rape thing because it will probably just lock the thread.

Its a fantasy story, calm down little man.

You're not a fantasy reader. You're a real person. Sexual slavery is a real thing. That it happens to be happening in a story makes no difference. If you defend rape in a story, you're just defending rape.

Post-Robert's Rebellion: I would have done everything Robert had done. Send Theon to Ned, demand Balon's fealty, etc. But I guess I would have followed up on the ironborn. Encourage them to try and maybe sow sometimes. Leave the reaving and rebelling for special occasions.

You're not a fantasy reader. You're a real person. Sexual slavery is a real thing. That it happens to be happening in a story makes no difference. If you defend rape in a story, you're just defending rape.

No, I dont care about how many lowborn women are raped In westeros or how many kid are brutally killed since this is fiction. But I wont defend real life murder and rape since the suffering is real. If you cant make the difference between the 2 universe then you dont understand fictional story.

When a kid in your city is killed, it has more impact on your feeling than when another kid is killed in another counrty at the other side of the world. To me, fantasy world are at an infinite distance, hence it doesnt impact my feeling.

I enjoy chaos, action, gigantic battles, genious lies, wierd romance and anything interesting that I wouldnt enjoy in real life. This is the magic of reading ficional story.

Geez I bet your so miserable and boring :ack: I just like the Ironborn calm down.

No, I dont care about how many lowborn women are raped In westeros or how many kid are brutally killed since this is fiction. But I wont defend real life murder and rape since the suffering is real. If you cant make the difference between the 2 universe then you dont understand fictional story.

When a kid in your city is killed, it has more impact on your feeling than when another kid is killed in another counrty at the other side of the world. To me, fantasy world are at an infinite distance, hence it doesnt impact my feeling.

I enjoy chaos, action, gigantic battles, genious lies, wierd romance and anything interesting that I wouldnt enjoy in real life. This is the magic of reading ficional story.

Thank you

You are a monstrous person who lacks empathy and who in fact seems unfamiliar with the concept. A total creep whom I'm glad I will never know in real life. But thanks for the insight into your own emotionally stunted existence. That you are comfortable saying that deaths of people in foreign countries don't matter to you, and that you think that's just a sane and reasonable and normal and not at all shameful thing to say... you're really broken. Sorry to have to be the one to tell you.

I'm sorry I have to share the world with someone like you.

If I were Robb Stark, I would have sent Theon and another envoy to Victarion. Despite the fact that Balon is Lord, Victarion commands the Iron Fleet. Without the Iron Fleet, the Ironborn border on irrelevance.

Given what we've been told about Victarion's intelligence, it probably wouldn't be too hard to flatter Big Vic into defying his brother - especially with Theon's support.

Letting the Ironborn loose on the West/Reach was a solid plan. Unfortunately, Robb just sent it to the wrong Greyjoy.

You are a monstrous person who lacks empathy and who in fact seems unfamiliar with the concept. A total creep whom I'm glad I will never know in real life. But thanks for the insight into your own emotionally stunted existence. That you are comfortable saying that deaths of people in foreign countries don't matter to you, and that you think that's just a sane and reasonable and normal and not at all shameful thing to say... you're really broken. Sorry to have to be the one to tell you.

Go away.

Thanks.

Sometimes you have to take what people say in perspective for relevance of the thread and the world you are talking about. The way people say things isn't always perfect, but when not trying to see what the actual idea behind the words mean towards the subject you can lose perspective of the whole concept of the thread.

I've said that the unsullied are an importance to Dany's army, but that doesn't mean I condon the way they are created. One cannot simply condemn and/or condon the material without being a hypocrit. Though I will say sometimes the wording in fast communication can sound cold at times.

So none of you "off with his head!" folks would be troubled by the following?

A: you would be a rebel against the lawful King executing someone for rebelling against a usurper

B: killing rebellious Lords Paramount is apparently not the usual way of doing business

So none of you "off with his head!" folks would be troubled by the following?

A: you would be a rebel against the lawful King executing someone for rebelling against a usurper

B: killing rebellious Lords Paramount is apparently not the usual way of doing business

A: First rule of war: the winners are always the ones who were right. :D

B: He had no strong friends ready to avenge him and his own army was defeated so Robert didnt really cared about retaliation.

I think the only reason Balon didnt end up dead is because Ned/Robert taught about your point A and wanted to prove to Westeros they are different from Aerys. Even if the correct course of action was to kill Balon, it was the perfect occasion to show off how good men they were.

A: First rule of war: the winners are always the ones who were right. :D

B: He had no strong friends ready to avenge him and his own army was defeated so Robert didnt really cared about retaliation.

I think the only reason Balon didnt end up dead is because Ned/Robert taught about your point A and wanted to prove to Westeros they are different from Aerys. Even if the correct course of action was to kill Balon, it was the perfect occasion to show off how good men they were.

Robert was also the type to be in a bloody battle with you then after he defeats you, hed have a drink with you, except if your Rhaegar.

[MOD]

1. Rape advocacy

It is a specific breach of the rules of this forum to wish for rape - ficitonal character or otherwise.

It is clear that several posters in this thread have not read that section of the rules, so here it is:

This applies whether those groups or individuals are fictional or not. Advocacy of rape will be taken as 'hate speech' on the basis of sex, and again this also applies to fictional characters.

Anyone who breaches this rule again in this thread will be suspended for ignoring the rules of the forum and this warning.

2. Personal attacks or harrassment

It is also a breach of the forum rules to attack other boarders, or harrass boarders. Again, an extract from the rules:

...note that we have zero tolerance for anything we perceive as harassment.

Following another boarder's posts across the forum and baiting that boarder is clear harrassment.

[/MOD]

Archived