'Aegon' Blackfyre or not?

Reasat Stark

So... many you people have the opinion that the 'AEGON' varys was talking about is a BLACKFYRE

but how can 'AEGON' be a BLACKFYRE that's the question,

what do we know about the blackfyres

Well for starters the house blackfyre led the blackfyre rebellion in which Daemon blackfyre and two of his sons aemon and aegon

died.In the very brief second blackfyre rebellion his third son Daemon II blackfyre was taken prisoner and most probably died in

captivity.The forth son was taken to tyrosh by his uncle and Daemon blackfyre's brother bittersteel.And the fifth son Maelys the

Monstrous,was one of nine who started the war the ninepenny king.He was slain by ser barristan in the stepstones.

So,of the five sons of Daemon blackfyre three are definitely dead.one was taken captive and is most

probably dead. leaving only Haegon blackfyre,who's death cannot be confirmed.

So what are the odds of one of haegon's decendants being 'Aegon'.

P.S- I haven't read DWD yet.so forgive me if i got my facts wrong . :worried:

Actually, Maelys is most likely a grandson of Daemon Blackfyre. We also know that there were about 5 Blackfyre rebellions, not counting the Nine

Penny kings. Haegon and Daemon's other sons likely died in those conflicts. I think it's more likely that Aegon is a descendant of one of Daemon's daughters.

Maybe Maelys actually sired a son or daughter before he died.

<snip>

P.S- I haven't read DWD yet.so forgive me if i got my facts wrong . :worried:

What are you doing to yourself? You must have an awful time with Christmas presents.

The connection isn't based on any family tree information but rather a quote that states that the Blackfyres are extinct in the male line-- the inference being that they are not extinct in the female line. Here is a general overview of the Blackfyre theory if you are curious.

...P.S- I haven't read DWD yet.so forgive me if i got my facts wrong . :worried:

If you post here in this part of the forum you will get spoilers - you will find out things that happen in ADWD. You should stick to the Still Reading area to keep yourself safe!

I think that FAegon is a Brightfyre.

Actually, Maelys is most likely a grandson of Daemon Blackfyre. We also know that there were about 5 Blackfyre rebellions, not counting the Nine
Penny kings. Haegon and Daemon's other sons likely died in those conflicts. I think it's more likely that Aegon is a descendant of one of Daemon's daughters.

Maybe Maelys actually sired a son or daughter before he died.

this.

But then again, so is Aegon.

true.

It's easy, he isn't. The Blackfyres are all dead.

If the Blackfyres were all dead, Illyrio would have said the end of House Blackfyre, not the end of the male line of House Blackfyre.

Recall the story Ygritte told Jon of Bael the Bard. Lord Stark had no sons to inherit Winterfell. His daughter, on the other hand, did.

If the Blackfyres were all dead, Illyrio would have said the end of House Blackfyre, not the end of the male line of House Blackfyre.

Recall the story Ygritte told Jon of Bael the Bard. Lord Stark had no sons to inherit Winterfell. His daughter, on the other hand, did.

Even if Bael's story is just a tale, which I believe that is true, it's nearly impossible for a House surviving through male line for 8000 years and since we know that daughters come before siblings we know or at least can presume that there were if not Ladies then ladies' sons who took WF.

No. Illyrio and Varys don't care about bloodlines.

Ygritte is as reliable as Old Nan.

Ummm....Old Nan is kinda respected around here......since you know most of her "stories" are coming true or have been verified. And also since I do believe she is the only character from Winterfell that hasnt been confirmed dead, that might mean something. GRRM took extensive measures to let us know what happened to everyone we knew from Winterfell, except Old Nan. I think that might mean something.

Even if Bael's story is just a tale, which I believe that is true, it's nearly impossible for a House surviving through male line for 8000 years and since we know that daughters come before siblings we know or at least can presume that there were if not Ladies then ladies' sons who took WF.

Yep. The questionable historical accuracy of Ygritte's story aside, it's a perfectly fine example of patrilineal succession being overridden.

Ummm....Old Nan is kinda respected around here......since you know most of her "stories" are coming true or have been verified. And also since I do believe she is the only character from Winterfell that hasnt been confirmed dead, that might mean something. GRRM took extensive measures to let us know what happened to everyone we knew from Winterfell, except Old Nan. I think that might mean something.

Sure.

Archived