Davos and Rickon, potential next moves...

bpsae325

I've always wondered if Skagos is protecting Rickon. Why would they relinquish Rickon to Davos? We know Davos is a good guy but Davos is on Team Stannis, not team stark or team "the north".

Why would they relinquish to heir of the Starks and Winterfell to someone that is currently preparing to lay siege to Winterfell?

As far as the Skagosi would know, Arya is married to lord Bolton and Stannis is preparing to move against them. Davos doesn't know that Arya isn't Arya so it's not as if he could enlighten them. Even if the Skagosi knew about Arya that would give them more reasons to keep Rickon safe instead of handing him over. I think they would if Stannis promised to make Rickon king of the north but knowing Stannis that would be highly unlikely. Even placing rickon as lord of winterfell would be risky.. it would me outsing the boltons and Rickon is just a child who would actively run Winterfell?

Well, I guess Manderly would have sent Davos with a sealed letter or sent ravens to Skagos in advance. The sealed letter seems more likely, as Manderly doesn't know if the Skagosi Lords know that Rickon is there, and we as readers don't know what game the lords of Skagos are playing.

Now, what's Manderly's plan regarding Stannis when/if he gets Rickon, that's another matter. And too many things can go wrong. For all we know, Wyman Manderly might die in early TWOW, Stannis and the Manderly forces might clash and Wylis Manderly might decide different plans than his father. And this is all assuming the Skagosi are loyal to the Starks.

Well, I guess Manderly would have sent Davos with a sealed letter or sent ravens to Skagos in advance. The sealed letter seems more likely, as Manderly doesn't know if the Skagosi Lords know that Rickon is there, and we as readers don't know what game the lords of Skagos are playing.

Now, what's Manderly's plan regarding Stannis when/if he gets Rickon, that's another matter. And too many things can go wrong. For all we know, Wyman Manderly might die in early TWOW, Stannis and the Manderly forces might clash and Wylis Manderly might decide different plans than his father. And this is all assuming the Skagosi are loyal to the Starks.

Edit:

I misread. I meant Manderly wouldn't be able to send much useful information along with Davos. Davos seems to be going to prove a theory. Is rickon alive. If so that would upset the bolton's claim but would they be able to arrive in time to do anything useful? Skagosi isn't exactly close to winterfell. It's winter and the Boltons were already marching towards Stannis.

Rickon could return to take a place as lord of Winterfell. I suppose that makes sense.

Archived